GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,040
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, ausinpetrov7195
» Online Users: 1,648
4 members and 1,644 guests
MSKKG, Tridentia

Old 01-04-2005, 05:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Corsulian
mainly they have topless pillowfights
then, sometimes, they wear white dresses as well for rituals...but rituals are just more formalized pillow fights
GMU Greek Life Wiki * Unofficial Region X Portal
Old 01-04-2005, 06:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chideltjen
And then they made us walk around campus in avacado masks, hair curlers and bathrobes.

Oh wait... that was the rerun of 90210 I saw. My bad.
Old 01-04-2005, 06:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RUgreek
if you believe the rumors at dartmouth, then today's pledges are performing lap dances at fraternity houses. Whatever happened to good old fashioned hazing and hand jobs. Pledging used to be so predictable....

RUgreek
Old 01-04-2005, 06:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sageofages
Which groups has the mandatory calisthetics to fit in their cat suits?

Imagine pledges running behind a pick up truck with a twinkie on a pole ....

tsk tsk...
Old 01-04-2005, 07:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to hottytoddy Send a message via AIM to hottytoddy Send a message via Yahoo to hottytoddy
I know that no one on here is dumb enough to say that their chapter hazes. However I have chatted in private with other GC members that say that sororities on thier campus definitely haze.

Some of the things this girl told me blew me away. We would NEVER be able to get away with it...even if we wanted to...at Ole Miss.

We can't even make the pledges do study hall hours or make them learn names of actives. NOTHING that singles them out as a pledge. But I KNOW some GLOs at other schools do. I have never heard of ANY instances at Ole Miss---at least for sororities.

We just shower our pledges with gifts until they are initiated.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:21 PM
GreekChat Member

i didnt think someone would say their chapter or sorority hazes but i just wanted to know some examples, what pple have heard of...like the mean/bad stuff
Old 01-04-2005, 07:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by hottytoddy
I know that no one on here is dumb enough to say that their chapter hazes. However I have chatted in private with other GC members that say that sororities on thier campus definitely haze.

Some of the things this girl told me blew me away. We would NEVER be able to get away with it...even if we wanted to...at Ole Miss.

We can't even make the pledges do study hall hours or make them learn names of actives. NOTHING that singles them out as a pledge. But I KNOW some GLOs at other schools do. I have never heard of ANY instances at Ole Miss---at least for sororities.

We just shower our pledges with gifts until they are initiated.
Woah, you can't even do study hours? At my campus they're mandatory for all NM's for all GLOs.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:01 PM
Super Moderator

Old 01-04-2005, 08:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by zekita
i didnt think someone would say their chapter or sorority hazes but i just wanted to know some examples, what pple have heard of...like the mean/bad stuff
Try google, I'm sure there are plenty of stories if you actually search the internet. Don't expect people here to actually give this thread any credence as it seems rather trollerific.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:11 PM
GreekChat Member

lol NinjaPoodle, that troll is definitely ugly/scary-looking
Old 01-04-2005, 08:12 PM
Super Moderator

zekita

i was initiated into zta in 1976, way before the anti-hazing legislation came about. what is now considered hazing was stuff i participated in as a pledge(which is what we were called then). we had to learn all the actives names, their hometowns and majors. we each had to write a song about our pledgeship, the sorority or an event that happened during our pledgeship-the song could be nice or it could be a roast.onetime, as dinner was being served, we had to run upstairs, turn our clothes inside out and come back to dinner. they had replaced our dinner with green spaghetti, and for dessert they had vanilla ice cream with chocolate sauce and we had cold mashed potatoes with chocolate sauce. we were not supposed to eat it! then they told us to go down to the basement and brought us back one by one and blindfolded us and drove us to a hotdog cookout they had secretly planned for us. it was so much fun. they would also occasionally have us stand up during dinner and sing a song or recite something like the founders names or our founding date or the like. of course these were all done during closed dinners when no guests could be invited. we never did anything in front of non zetas and we did not consider it hazing. i did not feel demeaned and neither did any of my pledge sisters. it was all done in fun and it WAS fun. the other sororities on the campus were also doing similar things, but nothing was harmful and was all done in the spirit of fun.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by zekita
why do you want to know this?
Old 01-04-2005, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by AOII_LB93
trollerific.
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOLinfinity

Honestly dude who goes to a school named after a toothpaste tube, rent Spring Break and wank a little and you'll lose the need to ask silly questions.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Kallima
This may be a little silly, but I actually wanted to be hazed when I was a new member... stuff like what FSUZeta was talking about sounds like fun- and I doubt that anything bad would have happened to anyone had they forgotten a founding member when placed on the spot. Things like circling fat are part of the evil side of hazing, the demeaning actions... but activities that bond you to the group seem like sisterhood to me. I guess I just think that things should be as... easy... as they are now. New members can wear letters without even knowing the meaning behind them, simply because refusing to let them is singling them out of the group and therefore hazing...
I'm getting off topic...
My chapter didn't haze, but I wanted them to.
Old 01-04-2005, 10:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Either almost in Mississippi or almost in Georgia, or traveling in between
Send a message via AIM to bekibug
Quote:
Originally posted by KLPDaisy
Woah, you can't even do study hours? At my campus they're mandatory for all NM's for all GLOs.
Ditto. Gotta make sure the new girls actually realize that it's not all pledge swaps and presents.