GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Risk Management - Hazing & etc.
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Risk Management - Hazing & etc. This forum covers Risk Management topics such as: Hazing, Alcohol Abuse/Awareness, Date Rape Awareness, Eating Disorder Prevention, Liability, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,341
2 members and 2,339 guests
No Members online

Old 03-31-2015, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

More disgusting behavior by Fraternity member

Warning: DO NOT WATCH the video or let it auto play if you are the least bit human.

Ole Miss Phi Delta Theta member Brady Eaves bites the head off of a hamster while on Spring Break trip to Florida. He has been thrown out of the fraternity as a result. Cruel, disgusting and inhumane. Yes, this is far worse than swallowing live goldfish in the 50's. I hope that animal cruelty charges are brought against him.

Ole Miss student bites head off live hamster
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-31-2015, 05:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalady View Post
Warning: DO NOT WATCH the video or let it auto play if you are the least bit human.

Ole Miss Phi Delta Theta member Brady Eaves bites the head off of a hamster while on Spring Break trip to Florida. He has been thrown out of the fraternity as a result. Cruel, disgusting and inhumane. Yes, this is far worse than swallowing live goldfish in the 50's. I hope that animal cruelty charges are brought against him.

And apparently his family has "withdrawn" him from Ole Miss. That makes sense, since his life would have been a living hell if he'd stayed at the school, probably.

The story seems to have made it to the site of a UK news source, as well as more local US sites...

http://www.wafb.com/story/28663878/c...f-live-hamster

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...eak-video.html

So if anyone out there is thinking about biting the head off another live hamster, he or she had better check first and see if, as the Phi Delta Theta chapter president said, his or her GLO feels that killing small animals is “inconsistent with what [the GLO members] believe”
Old 03-31-2015, 06:16 PM
GreekChat Member

He's a disgusting piece of crap. Waste of oxygen.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by exlurker View Post
So if anyone out there is thinking about biting the head off another live hamster, he or she had better check first and see if, as the Phi Delta Theta chapter president said, his or her GLO feels that killing small animals is “inconsistent with what [the GLO members] believe”
I am betting that every single one of our organizations would have a serious issue with animal cruelty.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:38 PM

Quote:
I am betting that every single one of our organizations would have a serious issue with animal cruelty.
At fraternity at my alma mater got in trouble a few years back when it was discovered through various photos of the shenanigan posted on social media, making their new members swallow live goldfish.

In addition, I wonder and worry about the psychology of the former member in question above. I would think his behavior is disturbing enough to warrant an evaluation.

Last edited by ThetaPrincess24; 04-01-2015 at 03:47 PM.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

I couldn't watch - this is just awful. Who does this to a defenseless animal? WTF is wrong with people?
Old 04-05-2015, 04:58 PM
GreekChat Member

How is this "fun?" Of all the things someone could do on Spring Break!!! This is just...bizarre and frightening.
Old 04-06-2015, 10:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to banditone
Quote:

Yeah... Back in the 50's .
Old 04-06-2015, 12:04 PM
Banned

deleted

Last edited by Kevin; 04-06-2015 at 01:50 PM. Reason: troll posts will be deleted.
Old 04-08-2015, 04:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Disgusting, but the first thing I thought was possible mental illness, especially in light of the statement that "his family" withdrew him from the University.
Old 04-08-2015, 06:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin03 View Post
Disgusting, but the first thing I thought was possible mental illness, especially in light of the statement that "his family" withdrew him from the University.
Please tell me you're joking.

I'll take "I want an excuse to explain why my kid is just plain weird for $200, Alex."
Old 04-08-2015, 06:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsey View Post
Please tell me you're joking.

I'll take "I want an excuse to explain why my kid is just plain weird for $200, Alex."
Where did I make an excuse for him? Please show me where I did so. Normal people don't do stuff like this. Cruelty to animals is often related to mental illness.

Clearly something is wrong with this person, as this goes way beyond a prank. I hope he gets the punishment--and help--he needs.
Old 04-08-2015, 08:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin03 View Post
Clearly something is wrong with this person, as this goes way beyond a prank. I hope he gets the punishment--and help--he needs.
I think it is probably a lot more along the lines of a combination of immature young man, too much freedom, almost certainly some drugs and way too much alcohol. Parents see incredibly stupid behavior & yank his happy ass out of school to put a stop to the screwing up and wasting their money. Back under their control, they have a better chance of dealing with any legal issues and hopefully keep their progeny from making a terrible situation even worse by running his mouth.