GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Xi Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,924
0 members and 1,924 guests
No Members online

Old 09-25-2005, 02:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb Collecting quills

Since I've seen my Ebay screenname pop up in the past when it comes to our quills I thought I should start a thread. Does anyone else bid on quills and if so what is your screenname. I know I have been contacted by nationals in the past to make sure I was on their list...which I know my old screenname jadonsmom!! is on the list. Maybe if we know some of the screennames, then we won't be bidding against each other. I usually do not bid against a sister unless I REALLY want the quill for myself. So far I have over a dozen now...I think I'm up to 15.

My screenname on Ebay is jadonandgracesmom.
Old 09-25-2005, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
My ebay name is alphaxi4me and I bid on some quills. I also try to not outbid/overbid someone I know is any Alpha Xi.

HQ use to have a list of ebay screen names but I don't think its been updated in a while
Old 09-25-2005, 04:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm bubbles246. I, too, bid on quills if I know the person winning isn't an Alpha Xi. Or, if it's one that I want.
Old 09-25-2005, 04:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Collecting quills

Quote:
Originally posted by AXi1257
Since I've seen my Ebay screenname pop up in the past when it comes to our quills I thought I should start a thread. Does anyone else bid on quills and if so what is your screenname. I know I have been contacted by nationals in the past to make sure I was on their list...which I know my old screenname jadonsmom!! is on the list. Maybe if we know some of the screennames, then we won't be bidding against each other. I usually do not bid against a sister unless I REALLY want the quill for myself. So far I have over a dozen now...I think I'm up to 15.

My screenname on Ebay is jadonandgracesmom.

what the heck do you do with all those Quills?
Old 09-25-2005, 07:05 PM
GreekChat Member

So far I'm keeping them...most of the officers from my chapter have quills that are passed down...but I do plan on checking. I also just collect them...someday my daughter may be an A Xi as well...if not then they will be taken care of in my will and sent to HQ.

I have my 2 favorite ones on my MSN Spaces
Old 09-25-2005, 07:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to AZ-AlphaXi
Two of the ones I've gotten off ebay I've given to chapters to be their president's quill.

I'd like to see more of us designate our quills to go back to our chapters in our wills.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:48 AM
GreekChat Member

And if not your chapter then another Xi. My quill came from my mothers Best friend who was From the Iowa State Chapter When she found out her daughter wasn't going to go thru she gave it to me and it is more meaningful to me beacause of that
Old 09-29-2005, 06:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I would love to collect/buy all the quills that I could off of Ebay because I like seeing how the design of our badge has changed over the years. I know that there haven't been major changes but I'm starting to learn to tell the difference between some quills by the shape of the part of the letters on it or the way the pearls are set, if it has pearls. I'll eventlually get around to starting my collection when I get these dratted things called student loans paid off. I'd love to be able to pin my daughter with my quill one day but that neither here nor there yet.

AXi1257, the pearl quill with the three larger pearls set on top is so amazing!! I love it.

War Eagle
Old 09-30-2005, 05:06 AM
GreekChat Member

The quill you are talking about is from 1912...yep it's my favorite too. I've noticed from the ones I've collected some of the differences in style. I would love a quill with all diamonds! If anyone wants to get me one for my 33rd birthday on November 4 please feel free !
Old 09-30-2005, 09:51 AM
GreekChat Member

I always check the quills on Ebay because I "lost" my first quill when a sister borrowed it for her little sis to wear (obviously because sister #1 had lost hers). The little sis wound up transferring to a community college after one quarter, pretty much lost touch with our chapter, and I never got my quill back. Granted, I have a quill with a bit more bling (three-pearl) but I still miss that original gold one.
Old 09-30-2005, 12:28 PM
GreekChat Member

My ebay screenname is bfunkified, and I bid on most any quill, but try not to outbid you all! I am really wanting to get one with pearls or diamonds too, but I am trying to talk my mom into it first!
Old 05-05-2006, 09:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Alpha*Xi*Abby
I know this thread was posted a while ago, but I am starting to look at bidding on some quills myself

my eBay name is Abbytrack24

I also just registered for this board. I am an alum now in the job search process!
Old 05-05-2006, 07:07 PM
GreekChat Member

mines axidtfj =)

Last edited by amanda6035; 07-11-2010 at 11:39 PM. Reason: new ebay screen name
Old 07-11-2010, 11:56 AM
GreekChat Member

*bumping*
Because I think this is really useful!!

mines xmas_hottie_1221_ehscl

I haven't been bidding on any quills, yet :-)
Once I find a full time/permanent job, I'll start looking (and bidding). I would love to have a collection of quills.

I also would love to send a diamond-point (vintage, with a year and name engraved lol) quill to my chapter for the presidents to use and pass (if this were to happen, I would also buy a guard and president drop from Herff Jones).
Old 07-11-2010, 12:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Pardon the intrusion ladies....user names aren't so useful on ebay anymore for badge auctions since they hide the names for privacy of bidders. They started this about a year ago. It makes it a little harder to make sure you aren't bidding against a sister.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!