GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,289
3 members and 1,286 guests
naraht, Shellfish

Old 07-08-2001, 12:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Okay, I'm pretty freaked out myself. I'm working right now and the place I work is in a Museum, a very old house! I've heard things in this house before so reading these stories is making me hear things right now! I know, just my imagination!

Anyway, I didn't know that about the Tri Sigma house TriSigECU. That's really interesting. I had no clue that there was a story about your house. I think every house on our campus has a history of some sort. I love hearing about them! I know AOPi has a story on their house and I think AZD does too.
Old 07-10-2001, 03:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to HeidiHo
Quote:
Originally posted by Pike4Life:
I think the "most haunted" Pike House is at the Univ. of Cincinnati...their house is registered as a historical landmark it's so old. I understand that it's been the home to organized crime bosses, city mayors, and all sorts of other amazing people. There are supposed to be all kinds of secret passages and hidden rooms throughout the house...in addition to all the ghosts that inhabit the place!
I go to UC & have never heard anything, but I also don't know any PIKEs. I'll have to ask around. I've always wanted to see a house with real secret passages.
Heidi
Old 07-10-2001, 03:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to HeidiHo
Quote:
Originally posted by Pike4Life:
I think the "most haunted" Pike House is at the Univ. of Cincinnati...their house is registered as a historical landmark it's so old. I understand that it's been the home to organized crime bosses, city mayors, and all sorts of other amazing people. There are supposed to be all kinds of secret passages and hidden rooms throughout the house...in addition to all the ghosts that inhabit the place!
I go to UC & have never heard anything, but I also don't know any PIKEs. I'll have to ask around. I've always wanted to see a house with real secret passages.
Heidi
Old 07-10-2001, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by amycat412:
Yes and the Chi O Ted Bundy murders were IN the Chi O house, if I remember correctly.
Yes, amycat412, the murders did take place right inside the Chi Omega house at Florida State University in Tallahassee, Florida.

To further creep everyone out, a 4th Chi Omega actually was coming home from a date in the early hours of the morning (like 1 am or 2 am) and actually saw a man (i.e. Ted Bundy) in black fleeing the Chi Omega house. So creepy.

Thank goodness that she wasn't 5 minutes earlier or she might have crossed paths with him in the hallway or something, and who knows what terrible thing he might have done to her? Yikes! So CRRREEEEPY!!
Thank goodness, however, that he DID NOT SEE HER!

[This message has been edited by CutiePie2000 (edited July 10, 2001).]
Old 07-10-2001, 10:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Red face

At Morehead, we don't have sorority houses, but we do have a residence hall that is primarily for the sororities with each floor belonging to a specific sorority. Anyway, it is called Nunn hall, and it is said to be haunted. The way the story goes is that a long time ago, like in the seventies or something like that, a girl commited suicide by jumping off the ninth floor (gamma phi beta floor) of the hall. Nunn hall is made kind of oddly, with it being more like apartments than the other halls. When you walk out of your room you walk outside and there are big open windows without glass or anything. After the girl commited suicide however, they added bars to make it a little more complicated to fall to your death. We have kind of like a porch type thing on the first floor and she landed on the roof of it. If you are on the second floor of the hall you can planely see the indentations of where her body landed. It is REALLY creepy. Anyway, she supposedly roams the halls of Nunn. I have never seen her myself but some of the other girls claim to have seen her run past their widows or their doors mysterously opening and closing.

Also, this past year a girl commited suicide by hanging herself in her door room in Butler hall. It was pretty creepy going up there (one of my sorority sisters was her RA) because there was police tape on her door for the longest time while investigators tried to figure out her motives for suicide. I definately wouldn't want to be a new freshman coming in this next year who got stuck in that room!!!!
Old 07-11-2001, 12:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AngelPhiSig
My friend has a book on haunted places and it says that the national HQ of Sigma Pi is haunted!!!

------------------
"...A dynamic sisterhood of powerful and passionate women maintaining uncompromising principles, igniting positive change, and embracing individuality!"

Phi Sigma Sigma - Gamma Gamma Chapter
---
1-9-4-6 Doohretsis!

Tau Beta Sigma - Delta Omicron Chapter
---
Go Golden Chickens! I mean EAGLES!

There are only a few good things that came out of Clarion- Chris Kirkpatrick of NSync, Kurt Angle (Pre WWF!) and any PHI SIGMA SIGMA!
Old 07-11-2001, 01:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

We've had some pretty freaky ghosts hang out on my campus (USD). The big story is about us, Alpha Xi Delta, and Kappa Alpha Theta. A long time ago, our house burned down and we had to move next door and live with the Theta's. About this time, an A-Xi was dating a guy from Delta Tau Delta. He was planning on going to medical school in the fall and had just gotten his letter back. (supposedly a rejection) He was so overwhelmed, he shot himself in the Delt house, and his girlfriend after hearing the news hung herself in the basement of Kappa Alpha Theta. If the story would end there, it'd be fine. However, since then the ghost of this girl haunts the Theta house and plays with their members hair at night and such. The really creepy thing about all of this is that Theta's have described her as being dressed in various clothing that we wear for our secret ceremonies. Creepy huh! Her boyfriend haunts the Delt house, by playing piano late at night.
Oh, we have another big one. In the early 1990's an A-Xi was dating a Phi Delt. One night after the bar, him, his girlfriend and his two best friends went back to the Phi Delt House and decided to have an afterbar in his room. Well, apparently her boyfriend suggested that they play Russian Roulette with an unloaded gun. When it came to him, he put it in his mouth, and pulled the trigger only to find out that it was loaded. He died on the spot. Since then the Phi Delt's have named a room in honor of him, and supposedly his ghost haunts the room where he died.
Old 07-11-2001, 01:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

We've had some pretty freaky ghosts hang out on my campus (USD). The big story is about us, Alpha Xi Delta, and Kappa Alpha Theta. A long time ago, our house burned down and we had to move next door and live with the Theta's. About this time, an A-Xi was dating a guy from Delta Tau Delta. He was planning on going to medical school in the fall and had just gotten his letter back. (supposedly a rejection) He was so overwhelmed, he shot himself in the Delt house, and his girlfriend after hearing the news hung herself in the basement of Kappa Alpha Theta. If the story would end there, it'd be fine. However, since then the ghost of this girl haunts the Theta house and plays with their members hair at night and such. The really creepy thing about all of this is that Theta's have described her as being dressed in various clothing that we wear for our secret ceremonies. Creepy huh! Her boyfriend haunts the Delt house, by playing piano late at night.
Oh, we have another big one. In the early 1990's an A-Xi was dating a Phi Delt. One night after the bar, him, his girlfriend and his two best friends went back to the Phi Delt House and decided to have an afterbar in his room. Well, apparently her boyfriend suggested that they play Russian Roulette with an unloaded gun. When it came to him, he put it in his mouth, and pulled the trigger only to find out that it was loaded. He died on the spot. Since then the Phi Delt's have named a room in honor of him, and supposedly his ghost haunts the room where he died.
Old 07-11-2001, 02:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to erniegurl00 Send a message via Yahoo to erniegurl00
Sorry that my house doesn't have any cool ghost stories, but here is something that I always found interesting about our property. For those of you who don't know, Pi Phi's symbol is the arrow, and our pledge pin is the arrow head. Well our property is shaped like our pledge pin!

Actually I wouldn't be surprised if our house was haunted. I know it's old enough! Maybe I'll find out next year when I move in.

[This message has been edited by erniegurl00 (edited July 11, 2001).]
Old 07-11-2001, 02:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AngelPhiSig
Lightbulb

At Clarion, there was a room on the 7th floor of Wilk, where I lived and a girl who became my sister lived. Her room was 740 (now where the bathroom was) and her room was the only one with different tile. We never thought anything of it, but then I heard a story of a girl who burned to death in a room in Wilk, and it had to be retiled since there were burn marks on the floor... I didnt tell her til this year!!!!!

------------------
"...A dynamic sisterhood of powerful and passionate women maintaining uncompromising principles, igniting positive change, and embracing individuality!"

Phi Sigma Sigma - Gamma Gamma Chapter
---
1-9-4-6 Doohretsis!

Tau Beta Sigma - Delta Omicron Chapter
---
Go Golden Chickens! I mean EAGLES!

There are only a few good things that came out of Clarion- Chris Kirkpatrick of NSync, Kurt Angle (Pre WWF!) and any PHI SIGMA SIGMA!
Old 07-18-2001, 02:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Here's one....

My sorority house has a main house and an annex. We've had the main house for quite some time, but about 15 years ago we got the annex. An old couple used to own the house, and the KDs would go and visit them. When the old woman died, she left the clause in her will to sell the house to us. It turns out that the room that she died in is the President's bedroom! She says some times at night she can smell perfume; the kind an older lady would wear. Kinda weird.

------------------
~Maizella~
@>--->---
Old 07-18-2001, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Mine is actually kind of more sad than scary... one of our alumni sisters from my chapter supposedly committed suicide a few years ago, and she is said to haunt our house. The story really disturbed me when I first heard it, and the worst part is that the power went out right when someone was telling me about it!!
Old 07-18-2001, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to PenguinTrax Send a message via MSN to PenguinTrax Send a message via Yahoo to PenguinTrax Send a message via Skype™ to PenguinTrax
To add to the whole Ted Bundy/Chi O thing...

Turns out that one of the ZTA recent grads (at Florida State), is the daughter of the guy whose car Ted Bundy stole after he committed the murders at the Chi O house.

Barbara
Old 07-20-2001, 02:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face

Well, I live in Charleston, SC, which is one of the world's most haunted cities. EVERY house here has some story! All the greek houses are old Charleston houses, and most of the sorority houses are circa 1800, and are on the registry of historic landmarks. (The Chi O house was actually built in 1770!) Anyhow, my house has a ghost we named Tom. The story is he is an old slave who used to live in the house. One of the sisters told me that our house was a stop on the Underground Railroad, and that he died here trying to escape slavery, but I don't know if that's true. There are always doors opening and closing, alarm clocks randomly going off, faucets turning off and on. No one lives on the 3rd floor, but at night if you are on the 2nd floor, you can hear footsteps up there. We just yell, "Tom, quit it!" and he stops. We think he just likes to mess with us. Some of the sisters have said that he isn't real and ghosts are just a bunch of hooey. Well, once they say that, Tom messes with them even more. They're believers now! He's only been seen once. Back some years, the 3rd floor was the president's suite, and she woke up and saw him standing in the corner. This spring, a sister brought her friend over to the house. The second the girl walked in, she said, "Is there a ghost in this house?" Allison said, "Actually, we think there is. Why?" The friend said, "Well, he's in the formal room right now looking at us." I would've peed my pants!

Also, Berry dorm, which is a huge girls' dorm, is built on the exact spot of the old Charleston city orphanage. This thing opened in like 1730 and ran until the 1950s. A lot of the girls say they hear little kids giggling, and some have seen kids running around the halls. The year before I started here, one of the RAs died in a car accident. They say she haunts her old room. One of my sisters was an RA at the same time, and one of our public safety officers told her that while he was making his rounds over Xmas break (when the dorms are closed) the tv in the dead RA's room kept turning on by itself. Creepy...but just part of living in the old South. We actually have a ghost walking tour that takes you all over the city. We have like 1000 graveyards, and it's rumored that Annabelle Lee (of the Edgar Allen Poe poem) is buried in the Unitarian cemetery.

------------------
"Seek the noblest."
Zeta Love! <3
Old 07-20-2001, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to queequek
Err ...

Back to Ted Bundy and Chi-O at Florida State,
Is the house still up now? I mean, do they (Chi-Os) still live in the same house as back in the time when the murdering took place?