GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Alumni Involvement

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,027
1 members and 1,026 guests
LaneSig

Old 06-14-2015, 03:23 PM
GreekChat Member

At 73, every chance I get and then some! I am proud to wear my letters as much as possible! Amazing how many people I meet who ask what they mean or fellow GLO's!

Makes me feel good!!!!

I am not just a part time Alumni!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 07-02-2015, 12:50 AM
GreekChat Member

I don't my wear letters when it comes to t-shirts - I just don't feel "professional" since I moved past that stage of my life, no offense to those do wear theirs. Polos, maybe, but in the end leaning to "no." The closest I'll get to actually wearing my letters if were on a hoodie or sweatshirt, but I'd only wear it for lounging.

I do hold my pledge & member pin with great dearness and would like them to become heirloom pieces for my future children. In saying that, I was thinking buying my fraternity's flag. I graduated five years ago, but the nostalgia has hit me as I reflect on my college years, and I would like to hang it somewhere in my studio if I ever choose to do so.

Last edited by Midwest; 07-02-2015 at 01:02 AM.
Old 07-02-2015, 11:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tcsparky
Wearing a Convention t shirt as I'm waiting in the lounge at the spa for a massage!!!
Old 07-02-2015, 11:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcsparky View Post
Wearing a Convention t shirt as I'm waiting in the lounge at the spa for a massage!!!
I need to make it to Convention one day. Where is next year's?
Old 07-02-2015, 04:28 PM
GreekChat Member

I do not because I still look young enough to be in college, and I've come to really hate being mistaken for a college (and even high school!!) student
Maybe in 10 years, I'll start wearing them again! I gave some of them away but kept my favorites
Old 07-30-2015, 11:38 PM
GreekChat Member

chUCK YEAH, you DDD better be wearing your letters. How else will Chuck know to leave you spared when Chuck comes-a-reapin?
Old 07-31-2015, 12:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
chUCK YEAH, you DDD better be wearing your letters. How else will Chuck know to leave you spared when Chuck comes-a-reapin?
Be Still My Heart.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 07-31-2015, 03:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
Heeee's heeerrreeeeee.....

Yay

@~/~~~~
Old 11-16-2015, 02:24 AM
GreekChat Member

I still own and fit into my very first lettered sweatshirt; it was a gift from my Big Brother. I had packed it away for a number of years, but just recently dug it out.

One day, I wore it inside out (because I spilled something on the front), but the letters - though backwards - were still noticeable. I was at Starbucks waiting for my drink and a guy next to me looked over and said my chapter name out loud, and then said "they were total d---s at my school".
Old 12-28-2015, 01:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Wearing my letters tonight at Chili's - a woman approached me and said she's also an AST and was extremely excited to finally meet a sister on O'ahu! She said in all the years she's been here, she's never (knowingly) seen any of our sisters. She was even more thrilled to find out that we both went to school in Pennsylvania.

You never know when wearing your letters will lead to meeting a sister or brother!

@~/~~~~

Last edited by ASTalumna06; 12-28-2015 at 01:31 AM.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:42 PM
GreekChat Member

ASTalumna06 The Chili's on Kuhio? I used to live on Oahu and was just there for Thanksgiving.
Old 01-08-2016, 04:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NWguy View Post
ASTalumna06 The Chili's on Kuhio? I used to live on Oahu and was just there for Thanksgiving.
Hm, is that one still open? I thought there was only one on that part of the island; the one in Kahala (where I was at).

@~/~~~~
Old 01-21-2016, 09:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jennie3576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest View Post
I don't my wear letters when it comes to t-shirts - I just don't feel "professional" since I moved past that stage of my life, no offense to those do wear theirs. Polos, maybe, but in the end leaning to "no." The closest I'll get to actually wearing my letters if were on a hoodie or sweatshirt, but I'd only wear it for lounging.

I do hold my pledge & member pin with great dearness and would like them to become heirloom pieces for my future children. In saying that, I was thinking buying my fraternity's flag. I graduated five years ago, but the nostalgia has hit me as I reflect on my college years, and I would like to hang it somewhere in my studio if I ever choose to do so.
Midwest, I do not take offense to your comment, but I am saddened by it! I was initiated into my sorority almost 21 years ago, and I still wear letters/regalia! For me, Alpha Sigma Tau was not a stage in my life; she is a huge part of my life. I've made sure that I continued with AST as an alumna - it truly IS for life if you want it to be. I am lucky to serve as a chapter advisor, and I am also involved (currently vp) of an alumnae Panhellenic association. These two activities alone give me reason to wear my letters/regalia at events. But I don't exclusively wear them in the circumstances. I wear them because I am proud. Plus there are anchors & yellow roses around my house as daily reminders
Old 01-21-2016, 11:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Last night at the gym there was a woman wearing an AXO sweatshirt. It made me smile. I guessed her to be in her 30s.
Old 01-21-2016, 08:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
Hm, is that one still open? I thought there was only one on that part of the island; the one in Kahala (where I was at).
You know, I'm not sure. I was assuming it still was. I did eat at Zippy's while I was there, and made a stop at Leonard's.