GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Omicron Pi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 2,505
0 members and 2,505 guests
No Members online

Old 07-07-2005, 09:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Well I guess I am the only one who has no idea what number they are. How depressing!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-07-2005, 10:39 AM

I just joined! And greekpeach, I don't know my number either!
Old 07-07-2005, 02:46 PM

If you look on the directory list you are listed with your number. I haven't received a membership card or anything like that yet.
Old 07-13-2005, 06:19 PM

FYI--It looks like the directory was recently updated on the website.
Old 07-14-2005, 08:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Woo Hoo, I am number 167!
Old 07-14-2005, 11:39 AM

I must be in the front row...

I just checked the Life Loyal directory, and somehow I am number 88. This can't be right, because Greekpeach is 167 and I think I joined the same day as her or maybe even a day after her. Either I am really 188, or they accidentally used my initiation year (which is 1988) or it is just a complete typo. In any case, I wonder if I should contact someone? Does it matter what number I am?

Maybe they just thought they should bump me up because I am so important and all. That must be it.

Old 07-14-2005, 01:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Not sure what happened - probably just entering all of the applications from convention. I went from being #90 to be something else. No biggie.
Old 07-14-2005, 01:29 PM
GreekChat Member

The number does not matter...its the purpose of course!
Has anybody gotten their coasters yet?
Old 07-14-2005, 02:39 PM

Am I am AOII stalker?

So I just did something and now I am really nervous that maybe I should have tried a different approach. What do you all think?

I live in Tulsa, and you just don't see much AOII stuff here because until very recently we did not have a collegiate chapter anywhere near. (Now we have 2 and one on the way! ) Anyway, about 5 houses down from me there has been a red SUV parked in the driveway all summer with an AOII decal and an AOII license plate frame. So, I am all excited and I think it is likely a collegian because I never noticed the car before the summer. Even my 2 and 6 year old sons point out, "there's the AOII car!" every time we drive by it.

Unfortunately, the friendly-neighbor line is drawn at about 3 houses - so I know all of my neighbors within a 3 house radius in all directions. Since this falls outside of that spectrum, I don't know them. I didn't want to go to the door and be like, "Does and AOII live here?" and then find out that it is just someone's girlfriend or something. So, I left a note on the AOII car this morning. Is that too weird? If you were in college and a 35 year old woman left a note on your car stating that she also is an AOII and asking if you ever want to go for a walk or stop by to chat, would you be weirded out?

I don't know. I think it would have been rude of me to not acknowledge it at all. I guess if she responds, it could mean a new friend or at least another friendly neighbor, and if she doesn't, well, nothing ventured nothing gained.

By the way, OleMissGlitter, I just stopped by McAlister's Deli for a salad and while I was waiting I read the poster on the wall about their famous sweet tea, which originated in none other than Oxford, Mississippi. It made me think of you!
Old 07-14-2005, 04:06 PM
GreekChat Member

In my opinion you are not a stalker or strange. My sister had to transfer to Southern Miss in Hattiesburg be/c of her major and therefore she had to go early alumna because Nu Beta is the only MS chapter. Anyway, she was there for about two weeks when she was at the Winn Dixie wearing an AOII shirt and this sweet little lady came up to her and said, "Why dear, I was an AOII at Northwestern (now Rhodes) in Memphis, TN." My sister was very impressed and very thrilled to speak with her! When I would go home during breaks and summers to New Orleans I would meet AOII alumnae and collegiate members all of the time while I was wearing AOII letters. I think it is very sisterly and very neat. I know at Nu Beta we are told to treat our alumnae like gold and to speak to them and listen to them. If anything she should be polite out of simple courtesy.

BTW: We are getting another chapter in Arizona? Where? I haven't heard about that yet. I just know about USC-Aiken and U of Arkansas.

McAlister's is great. I love it. It started here in Oxford, MS. We only have location here and it is very tiny compared to the ones in other cities. It is in an old gas station. Anyway, good stuff. Their tea is amazing and so are their baked potatos.
Old 07-14-2005, 04:52 PM

Quote:
BTW: We are getting another chapter in Arizona? Where? I haven't heard about that yet. I just know about USC-Aiken and U of Arkansas.
Tulsa is on Oklahoma, not Arizona!

That is funny because when I rushed at Illinois at least half of the rushers thought Tulsa was in Arizona, too. Must be confusing it with Tucson.

The new chapter at Arkansas is only 2 hours from Tulsa. Tulsa sends lots of kids to U of A, and I have already enlisted to help with the colonization. Can't wait!

BTW: If I would run into any AOII wearing letters I would definitely strike up a conversation. I just didn't know if it was too forward to put a note on a car!
Old 07-14-2005, 06:26 PM
GreekChat Member

I would have bet a million dollars that Tulsa was in AZ....

Old 07-15-2005, 12:32 AM
GreekChat Member

I can assure you that Tulsa is not in Arizona, nor is Arizona getting another chapter. However, I think I would move to Tulsa if they colonize at Arizona State (where PIP Carole Jurenko Jones INSISTED there was a chapter) AND have convention here all at the same time. It's more work than our hard-core AZ volunteers can handle...you know the drill..10% of the AC does 90% of the work.

However, I Googled Tulsa Arizona and you'll be happy to know that there is an eatery called Arizona Mexican Restaurant in Tulsa OK.

Last edited by AOIIGal; 07-15-2005 at 12:37 AM.
Old 07-15-2005, 08:26 AM
GreekChat Member

GAL - that's funny. I think if they colonized on top of convention that we'd arrive to a ghost town? :P

Just enjoying this last bit of thread.

Pipes - Iwould have been happy to get the note on my car! I hope you have a new friend!
Old 07-15-2005, 08:46 AM

Quote:
However, I Googled Tulsa Arizona and you'll be happy to know that there is an eatery called Arizona Mexican Restaurant in Tulsa OK.
So funny! There are 4 locations of the Arizona restaurant to serve you better! (I know the family that owns them! Ha Ha)

But Bobra, it wouldn't be any cooler if you moved to Tulsa. This is another hotter than hell location. None of this "dry heat" either. (That is one of my favorite expressions - as if 114 isn't hot because it is a dry heat! ) Good old Tulsa - hot, humid, and in Oklahoma.

I'm not picking on you OleMissGlitter, it is just that the metro area here is about a half a million people, yet hardly a soul knows where Tulsa is.

By the way, no response yet to the stalker note. I'll keep you posted.