GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Omicron Pi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,533
1 members and 2,532 guests
LaneSig

Old 12-07-2009, 07:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Spring Bid Day

Hey girls!

I just got transitioned as the new member educator for this spring and next fall, and my first job is the create bid day for spring recruitment. I found out that I have around $175 to spend, and that may include t-shirts for the new girls. I have yet to find out if the previous NME spent any of that money, and I am praying that she didn't.

Does anyone have any cute and cheap ideas for spring bid day? It'll probably be towards the end of January, therefore it'll be cold, and there may be snow. But I want to get this set up and ready to go, before Winter break is done with. If anyone has any ideas, new or previously used, please let me know

Alpha love,
Lauren
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-08-2009, 12:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Well, t-shirts tend to be pricey, so idk if you could get them all shirts and have any money left over for anything else. But some things I loved getting as a NM were my stuffed panda and pin pillow.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:07 PM
GreekChat Member

If you don't have enough for shirts, my chapter always had chapter members buy one shirt and half of a new members shirt to fund the new girls. It didn't seem so expensive that way. Emporium has some low price AOII goodies that you could give the girls on Bid Day. Since it is cold, you could have a snow day party. Split up into teams to have a snow fight, then warm up over hot chocolate and fresh baked cookies. You could all play ice breaker games then watch a girly movie. Use the opportunity for bonding instead of worrying about spending money.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 12-08-2009, 01:14 PM
GreekChat Member

how many new girls do you expect to have?

So I depart that I may now better serve my fellow man, my country & God
Old 12-08-2009, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm not sure how many girls we would have. I would say at most 10, if that many. In our dues we have money for shirts put aside, so we have the money for the active members, I am pretty sure. However, I am going to call up the company and see what the price would be for the others, that would be coming out of the fund.

I know many girls don't want to have it in our suite, because they think we should go out and "do" stuff, but because of the budget it just doesn't seem possible. Are there any fun activities that could be sued for bonding and getting to know each other?