GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,264
1 members and 1,263 guests
navane
Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2019, 08:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoeofDenmark View Post
You have posted this EXACT question on the reddit sorority subreddit and were given the answer time and time again. On that thread in particular, at least 3 KKG members told you for a fact that they did not do Alumnae initiation. You can post questions like this as much as you would like, but KKG won’t change.
Not me. I've never posted on reddit.
Old 05-10-2019, 09:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm certainly no expert on AI. Not positive that I ever met a woman who joined after college...but it seems to me that someone who wanted this experience would have a close relationship with women who are already members. Posting on an anonymous message board attempting to discover information on the process does not appear to be the way to go about it.

I wanted to be an SEC cheerleader back in the day. It turned out that I was way too tall and not talented enough. Do I still get a pang sometimes watching the game of what might have been? Yes, but then reality hits me and now I think, wow, that ship has sailed without me many years ago.
I do wish you the best.
Old 05-10-2019, 09:25 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZTA72 View Post
I wanted to be an SEC cheerleader back in the day. It turned out that I was way too tall and not talented enough. Do I still get a pang sometimes watching the game of what might have been? Yes, but then reality hits me and now I think, wow, that ship has sailed without me many years ago.
I sailed on that ship back in the day! Fun but a real grade-killer.
Old 05-10-2019, 10:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
I sailed on that ship back in the day! Fun but a real grade-killer.
Where is the "like" button? About the fun , not the grades.

My girls are Chi Omegas from FSU and several members from their chapter cheered. It was fun to watch them on national TV!
Old 05-11-2019, 06:36 AM
Super Moderator

A couple of chapter sisters cheered. They were always having to miss things (excused, of course) but when they could make chapter or an event they gave their all.

Seekingkappa, to the majority of GCers your name is interpreted as someone seeking AI in KKG. Even if it means the chapter name of your desired sorority ( and I hope you didn't attend the University of Texas), you should've chosen a neutral name. It gives off a creepy, entitled, assumptive vibe. As to the candy store allusion, oh yes you did. And we take offense to it.

BSP offered you membership and you accepted. Have you given it your all? Have you thrown yourself into BSP events and chapter meetings? Have you given it time? If not, you should before you seek nirvana elsewhere. What will a NPC alumnae group provide you that BSP can't?
Old 05-11-2019, 10:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
A couple of chapter sisters cheered. They were always having to miss things (excused, of course) but when they could make chapter or an event they gave their all.

Seekingkappa, to the majority of GCers your name is interpreted as someone seeking AI in KKG. Even if it means the chapter name of your desired sorority ( and I hope you didn't attend the University of Texas), you should've chosen a neutral name. It gives off a creepy, entitled, assumptive vibe. As to the candy store allusion, oh yes you did. And we take offense to it.

BSP offered you membership and you accepted. Have you given it your all? Have you thrown yourself into BSP events and chapter meetings? Have you given it time? If not, you should before you seek nirvana elsewhere. What will a NPC alumnae group provide you that BSP can't?
Thanks for the respectful insight. Education is important, right? Creepy, entitled and assumptive is far from intent. And I understand that others' perceptions are what matter.

So isn't there a way for me to change my user name? I believe admins have to do it? And I am happy and willing to change it if it's viewed as bothersome.

When I joined GreekChat as seekingkappa, I didn't even know BSP existed. I sought membership to BSP and was accepted because I first learned about it here.

So yeah, I'm still learning. #neverstoplearning
Old 05-11-2019, 10:53 AM
Super Moderator

You joined GC in September 2018, then joined BSP and in 9 months or less decided that BSP wasn't enough?
Old 05-11-2019, 12:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
You joined GC in September 2018, then joined BSP and in 9 months or less decided that BSP wasn't enough?
Actually, I joined BSP in February 2019. Yes, the relationship is pretty new. But it is for life. What I do outside of BSP, and why, is entirely on me. It speaks to what I want to achieve for others -- not what it gets me.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekingkappa View Post
Actually, I joined BSP in February 2019. Yes, the relationship is pretty new. But it is for life. What I do outside of BSP, and why, is entirely on me. It speaks to what I want to achieve for others -- not what it gets me.

Please accept this advice the way it is intended...you seem to have gotten all the answers we have to give. Coming on here attempting to receive validation for your journey is starting to have a negative impact. You don't seem to get the point of AI and the process that a woman would go through to obtain it.

Asking the same questions over and over expecting to get a different result never succeeds. Or maybe you are trying to get info to write a book. You certainly won't be the first.

What I would recommend, is private and personal research. If you have NPC member friends, ask them, not complete strangers. In all sincerity, you are starting to burn bridges here.

I do wish you the best of luck to find what you are seeking.

Last edited by ZTA72; 05-11-2019 at 12:57 PM.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seekingkappa View Post
What I do outside of BSP, and why, is entirely on me. It speaks to what I want to achieve for others -- not what it gets me.
What?

How do you have any idea what you will have time for outside of BSP when you’ve only been a member for 2.5 months?