GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Omicron Pi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,513
1 members and 2,512 guests
No Members online

Old 01-25-2004, 11:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Sisterhood Retreat

Nu Beta had their New Initiate sisterhood retreat tonight and it went so well! Our new sisters had a blast with the older girls and we had a bonfire and did smores. Then we played "I'm a nerd and so are you." After that we settled down and had a wonderful Alpha Hour.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-26-2004, 07:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to pandarose18 Send a message via Yahoo to pandarose18
Sounds like y'all had a great retreat. It is always exciting to see the sisterhood shine through at events like this. If you don't mind, is there any way I could get info from you about the "I'm a nerd and so are you" and "Alpha Hour" If you need to PM or e-mail me due to content that is fine. I would love to give our chapter some new ideas to do during their next retreat.

Thanks and congrats again on a successful sisterhood retreat.

Roses
Sarah
Old 01-26-2004, 10:05 AM
GreekChat Member

"I'm a nerd and so are you," is the clean version of "Never Have I Ever." You need to set up chairs in a circle and you take one chair out so one person will not have a chair. Basically, a member would start if off by saying, "I'm a nerd and so are you, if you are wearing an AOII shirt." Then everyone runs to a different chair and the person left standing has to start if off again.

Alpha Hour, is just when we sit in a circle and pass a candle around and say what AOII means to us. You can thank sisters, give praises to sister, and tell the chapter what AOII means to you. It is a more solemn time and it is a time to share what AOII means to you and what your sisters mean to you. I love Alpha Hour because members that might not share their feelings can share their feelings during this time.
Old 01-26-2004, 10:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to pandarose18 Send a message via Yahoo to pandarose18
Awesome, those are some new twists on games our chapter has used for a while. I pass them along and maybe the CR chair can use them to change things up a little bit.

We had a game just lke "I'm a nerd and so are you" but it was called "I love my sister who" For example "I love my sister who is wearing flip flops"

We also used to have a think similar to your alpha hour we called "pass the panda" but I like the candle idea.

Thanks for the ideas!!

Roses,
S