GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Zeta > Zeta Phi Beta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,400
0 members and 2,400 guests
No Members online

Old 09-25-2001, 10:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: home of the nation's highest car insurance rates :(
Send a message via Yahoo to stillwater15
this is the first time i've posted in this forum, but i have posted in other forums besides dst. basically, i click the button, which takes me to all unread posts and go from there. i'm still relatively new to this website, but once i learn the ins and outs, i'll be posting more, in all forums, if the topic of discussion is of interest to me.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-26-2001, 11:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Free and nearly 53 in San Diego and Lake Forest, CA
Send a message via AIM to Steeltrap Send a message via Yahoo to Steeltrap
Mainly, I post on AKA Ave. (my org) and DST Blvd, with occasional forays into other NPHC rooms and in the general rooms.
In the NPHC rooms, I find that most of the regulars have mature minds. I also find certain people on the general forums have mature minds, too.
I do post in the general forums from time to time, but only if I feel like the discussion is reasonable. In the general, however, I do get weary of media-bashing (I am a journalist) and ignorance about NPHC groups.
Old 09-28-2001, 12:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PrettyKitty Send a message via Yahoo to PrettyKitty
Talking

Good topic...I post where I feel like posting, when I feel like posting. I like the Zeta forum out of all the NPHC orgs boards though cause we have been the most civil to each other and our guests....
Old 10-08-2001, 12:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Guess what ya'll....I sho 'nuff post in other forums (as if you couldn't deduce that from this reply). I don't see a probelm with it...we may belong to different organizations, but when it boils down to it, we all have a common purpose. We have NPHC for a reason.

SO ya'll holla at a Que....check me out atN.A.S.-D.'s Out Page
Sign the Guestbook... ROOOOOO
Old 10-08-2001, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

I post in different places throughout the general and BGLO forums (obviously). I think that since the events of Sept. 11, a lot of people just scan and don't leave responses.

If the topic is interesting, I don't see anything wrong with posting in another org's forum. I think some people do have a problem with posting on other forums (than their org) because they don't have proper Greek respect. Then again, that's a home training issue...

As for me, I was trained right. I know I started something, but I tried to behave...Please forgive me.

TRSimon
Old 10-09-2001, 02:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool Re: When in Rome Do as

Quote:
Originally posted by CrimsonTide4
The more you interact across the street and around the corner, the more likely your neighbors will come down the street for a ZETA GC cookout -- metaphorically speaking.

Leave the lights on for us and we will be by.

I like your words my fellow sista of greekdom.....and others who have mentioned that they post on topics of interest. Everyone's opinion means something to me

....Besides, most of time some fellow greekchatters may have said something you wanted to say and so why repeat??

I try to look in every forum.....to look for and show diversity - even in greekdom!!
Old 11-03-2001, 09:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Since I have been spending a lil more time on GC, I am starting to see what people are talking about in regards to people who only post in certain forums....hmmm
Old 11-03-2001, 09:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Finer Woman10-A-91 Send a message via Yahoo to Finer Woman10-A-91
Yep...there is a definite pattern. Would it be fair to say those who do not venture out have a more narrow perspective about the relations between bglos? I mean if you only talk to half of the players...how do you gain a full perspective of the relationship? Things that make you

Quote:
Originally posted by PrettyKitty
Since I have been spending a lil more time on GC, I am starting to see what people are talking about in regards to people who only post in certain forums....hmmm
Old 11-03-2001, 10:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Posting on other forums

Hello Ladies of Zeta Phi Beta

Well I just recently started spending more time on GC... Yes I have been posting all over the place. If there is an unwelcomed vibe I just ignore it and post on the topic any way... It's all about Greek Luv and Repect for one another.

"Bound by ties of love and Sisterhood"
Old 11-03-2001, 12:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by kizzie22
Posting on other forums

Hello Ladies of Zeta Phi Beta

Well I just recently started spending more time on GC... Yes I have been posting all over the place. If there is an unwelcomed vibe I just ignore it and post on the topic any way... It's all about Greek Luv and Repect for one another.
Hi Kizzie22,
Welcome to GC! I know that's right SS...in an ideal world, everyone would feel the same...but's it's not...so you have folks with twisted mentalities, and I can do is shake my head cause some people JUST DON'T GET IT! (divided we are falling) I have to big up people who speak their mind wherever it may be and don't play follow the leader...
Old 11-03-2001, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Steeltrap
In the NPHC rooms, I find that most of the regulars have mature minds. I also find certain people on the general forums have mature minds, too.
Are u sure about that?
Old 11-03-2001, 03:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Soror you are so right. At first I thought it was my imagination, then I started really watching. But it's all good, I continue to post all over the place, even though I get ignored in some forums.
Old 11-03-2001, 06:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking Hi everyone!

First of all Hello everyone!

I'm Exquizit and I normally post on the Alpha Kappa Alpha and the Delta Sigma Theta boards.

In the beginning I was posting on Alpha Kappa Alpha's board because as a SF that's all I was focused on. Then as I began to post regularly I saw other members of other orgs posting, I began to feel their vibe and enjoy the personality and flavor of their posts. That made me branch out and post in other areas.

I post on topics that interest me and often times amuse or provoke some serious thought. I've noticed that in the boards I frequent, I read posts by all types of orgs and I think it's great.

I've noticed that some boards do in fact get a bit more action than others but if all sorts of people meet up in that one spot, what difference does it make as long as we all get involved in some type of discussion?

Originally posted by CrimsonTide4
"The more you interact across the street and around the corner, the more likely your neighbors will come down the street for a ZETA GC cookout -- metaphorically speaking.

Leave the lights on for us and we will be by. "

I agree with this thought whole heartedly. It's a great idea.
I wish everyone luck on their respective boards, there's alot of love involved with greekchatting!!!
Old 11-03-2001, 08:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Free and nearly 53 in San Diego and Lake Forest, CA
Send a message via AIM to Steeltrap Send a message via Yahoo to Steeltrap
Quote:
Are u sure about that?
I'm pretty sure.

But there have been some dustups in recent days.
Old 11-04-2001, 08:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RedAngel Send a message via Yahoo to RedAngel
I post all of the place also but mainly in DST and AKA boards whenever a topic interests me.

Last edited by RedAngel; 11-10-2001 at 01:26 AM.