GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > News & Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,454
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, nathnpetrovo648
» Online Users: 1,554
2 members and 1,552 guests
nathnpetrovo648, Xidelt

Old 07-28-2004, 12:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Red face "I had an abortion"

T-shirts

Discuss...

Last edited by 1savvydiva; 07-28-2004 at 12:59 AM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-28-2004, 12:34 AM
Banned

Well I figure if you think an abortion is a "nothing" procedure and can turn it into a tshirt worthy idea then you've got issues as it is. But then again, people are free to wear what they want.

I can't believe Planned Parenthood is selling it though. Geez.

-Rudey
Old 07-28-2004, 12:39 AM
NickLc24

Distasteful.

"Hey mom, what should I wear...my "I had an abortion" shirt or "I shot JFK" shirt...oh wait, or my "Murdering is cool" shirt.
Old 07-28-2004, 12:46 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Thumbs down

I am one of the most flaming pro-choicers but I ain't feeling the shirt
Old 07-28-2004, 12:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Jill1228
I am one of the most flaming pro-choicers but I ain't feeling the shirt
Same with me, and I think it's in poor taste.
Old 07-28-2004, 01:06 AM
GreekChat Member

I agree with everyone who says it's in poor taste, but at the same time I'd really love to live in a society where women aren't scared and ashamed to admit having had an abortion.
Old 07-28-2004, 01:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie
I agree with everyone who says it's in poor taste, but at the same time I'd really love to live in a society where women aren't scared and ashamed to admit having had an abortion.
I am def pro-choice. But I know some girls who've had several abortions, and everyone knows.

Sorry... not something I'd like to broadcast. But I kinda understand your point.

KLTC
Old 07-28-2004, 01:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Let's make "I gave my baby up for adoption" t-shirts! There's a whole market out there that we haven't capitalized on yet.
Old 07-28-2004, 01:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: the sleeper cab of my tractor trailer all over the 48
Send a message via Yahoo to jojapeach
Angry

I am physically ill after reading that shirt and knowing that Planned Parenthood will profit from that. I am definitely pro-choice, but there are so many people out there who could be crushed emotionally by reading a shirt that seems to proudly proclaim "I Had An Abortion". Can you imagine how a woman who had to abort her pregnancy for medical reasons would feel?

Why can't they have a shirt that says, "I'm On the Pill" or "I Use VCF/Nonoxynol(sp?) 9/etc" or anything else that implies proactive birth control, not reactive (and sometimes irresponsibly used as PM_Mama00 pointed out) birth control? I guess some genius over there said that young people these days will wear anything on their chest, so why not sell this to them, too. If that was their line of thinking, I could see a load of dumb guys buying the shirts, but it still wouldn't be funny.

To sum it up, it's disgusting.
Old 07-28-2004, 01:57 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm pro-choice. I agree its poor taste.
Old 07-28-2004, 02:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jojapeach
I am physically ill after reading that shirt and knowing that Planned Parenthood will profit from that. I am definitely pro-choice, but there are so many people out there who could be crushed emotionally by reading a shirt that seems to proudly proclaim "I Had An Abortion". Can you imagine how a woman who had to abort her pregnancy for medical reasons would feel?

Why can't they have a shirt that says, "I'm On the Pill" or "I Use VCF/Nonoxynol(sp?) 9/etc" or anything else that implies proactive birth control, not reactive (and sometimes irresponsibly used as PM_Mama00 pointed out) birth control? I guess some genius over there said that young people these days will wear anything on their chest, so why not sell this to them, too. If that was their line of thinking, I could see a load of dumb guys buying the shirts, but it still wouldn't be funny.

To sum it up, it's disgusting.
Somebody needs to make one that says, "Wrap that sausage up!" or "Got Condoms?"
Old 07-28-2004, 02:08 AM
GreekChat Member

It's more or less a publicity stunt for Planned Parenthood. They're getting tons of attention from this.

And I wouldn't say that this shirt is in particular poor taste after seeing this one:

http://www.tshirthell.com/shirts/tshirt.php?sku=a08

But then again, poor taste varies -- I can see a lot more stupid high school boys getting this shirt because they think it's funny than women who have actually had abortions. But if someone who's had an abortion wants to wear a shirt like this, I have no issue with it -- as long as they're prepared to deal with all the isht it's going to stir up, of course.
Old 07-28-2004, 02:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by sugar and spice
It's more or less a publicity stunt for Planned Parenthood. They're getting tons of attention from this.

And I wouldn't say that this shirt is in particular poor taste after seeing this one:

http://www.tshirthell.com/shirts/tshirt.php?sku=a08

But then again, poor taste varies -- I can see a lot more stupid high school boys getting this shirt because they think it's funny than women who have actually had abortions. But if someone who's had an abortion wants to wear a shirt like this, I have no issue with it -- as long as they're prepared to deal with all the isht it's going to stir up, of course.
What does this shirt say? My job firewall blocks the site.
Old 07-28-2004, 02:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by 1savvydiva
What does this shirt say? My job firewall blocks the site.

"Abortion tickles."
Old 07-28-2004, 02:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by jojapeach
If someone is so emotionally fragile after having an abortion for medical reasons that a t-shirt would upset her, wouldn't she also be upset by seeing families out with their healthy babies? I don't think that likelihood of upsetting someone is a good reason to not wear a tshirt.