GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Social

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,105
0 members and 2,105 guests
No Members online

Old 01-08-2009, 01:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Black and white party - kind of a 50's themed party. everyone dresses up in black and white.

Jersey party- wear a sports jersey, play athletic games all night.

Anything BUT clothes party- You get really creative. I saw a lot of people just wearing bandanas and towels. a couple girls wore candy wrappers. One girl wore a pillow case wrapped in condoms. it was a lot of fun...haha

level party - every floor of the house has a designated drink and a designated game to play.

Military party - Dress up like military. Couple guys were the generals who told people to do push-ups. If they refuse or cannot do the push-ups they have to take the mine field shot ( 6 shots 3 are water and 3 are vodka, mixed up but you have to drink them all in 30 seconds)
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-10-2009, 01:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GammaSigPrez View Post
Tie Social... all the guys put one of their ties in a box (bag, etc.) and as each girl walks in she picks a tie out of box . the girl then walks around introducing herself to the guy by asking if the tie belongs to them (great icebreaker!) and if does not they move on but if the tie belongs to the guy the two of the use the tie like handcuffs and stay tied together (optional, some of our sisters just chatted with their "tie partner") this was a lot of fun... the making money social is also a great idea!
Thanks for this idea... I decided to do this but change it up some. Each brother brought a tie and on the back he put 3 truths and 1 lie about himself on it. Then the girls had to find out whos tie they had by asking questions.

We called it "Ties and Lies"
# 22
Old 04-02-2009, 07:54 PM
GreekChat Member

If you're looking for ideas for mixers you should check out [link removed, no longer works]

it has a lot of info about planning Greek events
Old 04-02-2009, 10:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Some good parties at my school:
-one of our frats had a beach party and actually covered the floor with tarps and put playground sand down.. you could bulild sandcastles in the house which was freaking cool
- another frat had a heaven and hell party.. basically you dressed as an angel or a devil, simple but fun
-we had a paint war swap with a fraternity... we all wore old clothes and went out in a field and had water balloon fights with balloons filled with paint

hope this helps!
Old 06-11-2009, 03:17 PM
GreekChat Member

These ideas are all really good. I wanted to do a theme party for recruitment and had no ideas. Now I have way too many ideas.
Old 06-12-2009, 04:36 AM
GreekChat Member

My favorite mixer in the Fall was the Wine and Cheese Mixer. We made a bunch of food for ourselves and the girls present and it gave us a chance to get to know the sorority better. Then, after dinner was over, the boxes and bottles came out. It really is amazing watching people chug Franzia and play wine pong.

Some other things we, or other orgs, have done are:
Stoplight Party (which followed a hockey game)
Mini Skirt Party
Purple Passion (Sigma Pi's very purple and very 70's themed party)
St. Patty's Day Party (or according to the fliers this year, 'St. Paddy's Day')
Blacklight Party
Anything Goes But Clothes
Graffiti Party
Tie One Off Party (everyone wears goofy ties)
Sunglasses at Night (for some reason it was a big hit haha)
Saturday Night Thunder (eventually became an ongoing thing. It involved AC/DC's Thunderstruck.. er, Thunderfucked quite often)
Cookie Wrench Party (I have yet to figure out wtf this theme meant)
Sigma Pi Pig Roast (Sigma Pi buys 2 pigs and grills all of it--AMAZING)
Big/Little with Apple Cider and Donuts (I didn't attend b/c it wasn't my Big/Little, but I heard it was a great time and they had a bunch of stuff to do like lawn games and bobbing for apples. There was also a bonfire)
Speed Dating (within the fraternity and with the sororities.. haha. For the sororities, we took them out to Buffalo Wild Wings afterward)
Heartbreaker Party (for everyone who was dateless on V-Day. Of course, not a huge turn out but extremely fun)
Miketoberfest (was a brother's birthday but fun nonetheless. Started with Octoberfest in Downtown Detroit, then festivities, then a hockey game, and then more festivities. Great fun as well)
Christmas Party (This one gets ridiculous. Every guy brings a date and every guy has a Secret Santa. The presents, which are that person's favorite beverage (one of my bros got 8 24 packs of DP!!), are called out by Mrs. Claus (one of our brothers). Then, the gift receiver sits on either Santa's, the Reindeer's, or the Elf's lap and each character has different instructions when people offer them things. Also there's lots of food and an amazing punch. And of course, everyone had to wear a tacky holiday sweater. I have never seen more horrible articles of clothing!)
Hollywood Party
Bass Pros and Summer Hoes
GI Joes and Army Hoes
Halloween Party (there were a lot of cool events during the week leading up to it)
70's Skate Party (held at a skating rink. It was hosted by a fraternity and open to everyone but maily catered to the sororities and the girls apparently had a good time)

That's all I can think of.
Old 07-18-2009, 09:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Golf Pros Tennis Hoes...Guys dress up in polo shirts and khaki shorts and usually a lacoste hat, girls dress in tight polos and short skirts and tennis hats.
Old 11-13-2009, 10:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Can't Be On Unless It's NEON

PRO Party (dress up like something that starts with pro...)

Prohibition (1920s)

When I grow up...
Old 01-07-2010, 06:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm not really sure if anyone else has posted this but I go to a small school and I have never heard of anyone else doing anything like this.

We all go into the basement of a frat house wearing some nasty clothes. You have each person bring as many sundae toppings as they want and we then participate in a keg race against the fraternity. Whoever wins the keg race gets to run up to the other group and start pouring the sundae toppings all over the losing team. We normally give the people that don't want to get stuff all over them time to get out of the way but its a really messy, really fun party.
Old 01-07-2010, 06:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedygirl08 View Post
I'm not really sure if anyone else has posted this but I go to a small school and I have never heard of anyone else doing anything like this.

We all go into the basement of a frat house wearing some nasty clothes. You have each person bring as many sundae toppings as they want and we then participate in a keg race against the fraternity. Whoever wins the keg race gets to run up to the other group and start pouring the sundae toppings all over the losing team. We normally give the people that don't want to get stuff all over them time to get out of the way but its a really messy, really fun party.
You do realize that this is a huge risk management violation right?
Old 01-07-2010, 07:54 PM

How the hell do you have a keg race in the basement? Is it the basement of a bowling alley?
Old 10-04-2010, 10:43 PM
GreekChat Member

hey i need some ideas for the "im glad im not.." theme..
thanks!!!
Old 10-05-2010, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flowerpower View Post
hey i need some ideas for the "im glad im not.." theme..
thanks!!!
Lindsay Lohan
Bristol Palin
Whatever character it is that everyone hates on Glee
Old 11-02-2010, 05:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Here are two of my favorites from back in the day (one acceptable, one not acceptable):

Acceptable: Jail Party - Most folks found some form of stiped clothing, some came as wardens, a few girls dressed like wives/girlfriends visting their honey in jail (complete with a cake with a file sticking out), I remember one guys was an executed convict (made up to look like he was electrocuted), I remember the fraternity had a "cell" set up in the middle of the basement and their president was "locked up" until enough of the girls in our chapter signed his "pardon" (which was his T-shirt). Overall, pretty tame, but I had fond memories.

Unacceptable: Hard Liquor and Handguns - Everyone dressed like SERIOUS thugs, and the fraternity passed out plastic squirt guns containing rum, tequila, vodka, or gin. Everyone went around squirting liquor into each other's classes. TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE today, but it was fun to see the most uptight fraternity on our campus dressed like criminals.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:59 AM
GreekChat Member

We had an iced out party with sigep recently. The idea was to dress in all white, but of course a few of us had to be different. I wore all silver then put gems on my face. 2 girls wore all black and said "no white after labor day". it was awesome haha.