GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,565
1 members and 2,564 guests
John

Old 04-17-2002, 02:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tridgirl
Sticky situation

I work at a summer camp and I love going every summer and having a blast with the kids and the awesome staff. I was talking about it one day to one of my sisters I didn't know very well. She was interested so I refered her, she applied and has interviewed with my boss. She is very excited about it, but i am having my doubts. Recently I have noticed that she pretends to be very innocent, but does VERY questionable things in publice places, like fraternity formals and doesn't think about how it reflects on her. She also had the tendecy to talk behind people back, tell private information and misrepresent what you say to other people. I worried that her behavior will reflect on me this summer, I certainly won't want to hang out with her if she acts this way around my close friends. I don't know what to do, talk to her, email my boss and explain, I feel like I am back stabbing her, but I refered her before I realized the type of person she can be. Any advice would be awesome.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-18-2002, 06:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Did you give her a "glowing" rec, or was it more like "Hey I have a friend who is interested.." ?

If the job is only for the summer, I'd leave it alone. How people act at social functions isn't always a reflection on how they will perform on the job. You can keep your distance and your friends will notice and take their cue from you (maybe). It is possible that she could be one heck of a worker and being in this type of work atmsphere may be good for her as a person. I wouldn't sweat it-you wouldn't be the first to recommend a person that didn't work out and if it ever causes a problem you can be honest and say you didn't know that side of her when you mentioned her for the job. The things you noted could cause problems in a close atmosphere like bucutie had a while back, but for a temporary position-I'd keep my personal feelings out of it and give her a chance.
Old 04-18-2002, 07:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
I agree with JAM...as long as you didn't totally talk her up like she is the best thing next to sliced bread, then maybe it'll be fine. Have you seen her in a work environment? Also, the way she acts around fraternity boys isn't the way she will act around children/young adults.
Old 04-18-2002, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

I agree, too. Unless her behavior is way out-of-control I'd let it pass. She is responsible for her own behavior and the consequences that follow.

If you get uncomfortable while at camp you can have a one-on-one and tell her your feelings about trust and responsibility. You can also keep your distance.