GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,678
1 members and 1,677 guests
No Members online

Old 07-23-2004, 12:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to JPowers155 Send a message via Yahoo to JPowers155
Convention Recap

The most amazingly wonderful thing about Convention this year? The banners all along Michigan Avenue in front of the hotel. The entire FREAKING world knew that we were in town! I'll post pictures once they are developed/ put onto disk.

Everyone has already done a big recap of Convention, so I'll just selfishly post the things that I'm going to remember most.

* The Hawai'i Hula @ Living Circle
* Sobbing during Living Circle when it finally hit me that I'm leaving my girls and heading off to do new work for the Fraternity
* Being awarded the Arc of Epsilon Pi - I'm still giddy!
* Watching my girls get up on stage out on Navy Pier and singing with a band. That's what happens when we leave them alone for 5 minutes!
* Hanging out in the lobby with the rest of the Michigan crew and lots of new friends.
* Spending time with an old acquaintance who is now a new friend, and the 3rd of a 4th generation legacy from Zeta Nu.
* Teaching a new generation of Alpha Gams all of the songs that I know, even the ones that aren't so "pure".

Convention is a wonderful, unique experience. I hope that each of you has the opportunity to attend at some point in your life. We're in California in 2006, so start saving your pennies now.

Do I hear a motion for a formal gathering of the GC Alpha Gams during the next Convention?
Old 07-23-2004, 06:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Other than the $5.5 million that the Campaign for Alpha Gamma Delta raised, here are some other fun Convention statistics.

Over the entire Convention, over 950 Alpha Gams were registered for at least part of Convention.

For one member who was present, it was the 26th Convention that she attended!

The member who traveled farthest had come from Puerto Rico.

Hey JP! Don't forget all those email addresses you're going to send me!

I second that motion...(required, because the motion didn't come from a committee)

Dee

Last edited by AGDee; 07-23-2004 at 06:32 AM.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:16 AM
GreekChat Member

I thought the sister came from Costa Rica?

I want to amend that motion by saying this time we WILL set a definite time and place to meet.
Old 07-23-2004, 09:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

I'm so jealous of those music boxes! Good thing my sister mother went to convention so when I want to hear it and pretend I'm a little girl that wants to be a ballerina I can just go in her room.

I wanna go to Convention next time - my sister mother and I are going to try to go as alumnae so hopefully that will work out!

I vote "aye."
Old 07-23-2004, 09:37 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm back at work, so I don't really have time to post a lot, but I just wanted to say that I had an amazing time! I'm disappointed that I didn't really get to meet most of you, but I did get to meet Sandy for about 2 seconds in the bathroom, lol! Next time we have to make a set meeting place/time to get together. (I'm hoping that I can make it to CA in '06, but I'll be in the middle of my final independent project for my MS, so I'm not sure if I'll be able to take the time off.)

Quick funny story - as my group was going through security at the airport, the person screening our carry-ons asked, "Why do you all have the same vase in your bags?"

I am going to scan my pictures and post a link to the photo album sometime this weekend if I get the chance.

Ok, back to work - I have a lot to catch up on!!!
Old 07-23-2004, 10:44 AM
Unregistered-

I felt very proud to be a Hawaii Delta Sigma during Chapter Roll. Sisters, tell your chapters that if 8 collegians and 16 alums can make it to Chicago from Hawaii, then everyone else should be able to go too!

Thank you so much to the kind sisters who made the effort to find me. I enjoyed meeting all of you. marissa (squirrely girl) jokingly wanted to make an announcement saying "Anyone who wants to take a picture with OTW meet in the area adjacent to the stage" so we could take a GC picture.

It'll be an idea for Indian Wells!
Old 07-23-2004, 11:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by AGDLynn
I thought the sister came from Costa Rica?

I want to amend that motion by saying this time we WILL set a definite time and place to meet.
You're right, it was Costa Rica. Rico/Rica, my brain was fried by then! They said something about Alaska too but I didn't get that part.

I think you have to divide the question for setting a definite time and a definite place to meet.

Dee
Old 07-23-2004, 11:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to JPowers155 Send a message via Yahoo to JPowers155
*brags a bit*

The young woman (Vanessa) is a Zeta Nu (MY CHAPTER!!!). Actually... it went like this:

She left Alma, Michigan for Anchorage/ Fairbanks, Alaska. Flew back to Michigan for a day, flew to Costa Rica (San Jose) and then traveled across the entire country to her home town. Then, she turned around, flew back to Detroit, Michigan. Took a 7 hour train ride to Chicago to be at Convention.

I also brought a 4th generation legacy with me. The 2nd and 3rd generations were there for Saturday and part of Sunday, but due to Grandma's health, they had to head back to Michigan.

I'm going to start counting down until California...
Old 07-23-2004, 12:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Did anyone find out anything interesting during Convention? Looking through the old Tau albums, I learned that a woman who was just elected to the House of Commons (I believe this is her second or third term) is a Tau alumna! She's been appointed to the Cabinet as the Minister of Public Health. Also, a girl from the Alpha Epsilon chapter (yeppers, Amber's chapter) sat with us during Feast of Roses.
Old 07-23-2004, 04:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you Alpha Gam!

I just wanted to take a quick moment to thank all those who were involved in planning and executing a fantastic Convention! International Council, IHQ, VST and many other volunteers worked very hard to make Convention what it was - FANTASTIC!

Personally, I loved the hotel, the food, the programs and everything else about my 6 days in Chicago! I especially loved being so closely involved in our Centennial Convention. It was a great place to reunite with sisters that I had not seen in a couple of years and of course to meet new sisters.

I cannot wait until 2006 in California! Thank you again Alpha Gam for another great event and I look forward to many more.
Old 07-23-2004, 06:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Centennial Quilt Pictures

Many many many roses to Nann for organizing this project and sending me the pics to post here. The pictures just don't do it justice. It was gorgeous! She worked so hard on it.

Old 07-23-2004, 09:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Yea that quilt is wonderful!!!

My CP had to leave early b/c of class. Luckly there wasn't a person at the plate next to me so I was able to snag a box for her.

Unfortunately, my and my roomie's bud vases ran ran away from our room.
Old 07-23-2004, 11:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to squirrely girl
lynn - i still blame housekeeping!!!!!!! boo on them

marissa
A GD
Old 07-23-2004, 11:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AGDTink
Cool Chi-town

I have 3 bud vases.. but they are going for our recruitment... I didn't buy myself anything while I was there... but I was very satisfied w/ our table favors. I'm not eating salad for like another month, at least!

My girls and I had the most fun making fun of random men hitting on us during our few miles-walk in heels up and down Magnificent Mile, Monday night.... with comments like "HELLOOOO!!!" *screaming at top of longs as if calling from a mountain top while immediately passing you* "High-a Toots!" and "*guys*Uhhh... well, we're gonna go over here and see what's there to do" "*us* Ok, well, we're going over here" "*guys*Ok, well, that's good... uhhh... we're going over here.. err... still... uhhh ... see ya later" We just couldn't help but bust out laughing!!!

I'm glad I have sisters to go through life with... it's just soo much more fun that way...
Old 07-24-2004, 04:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey so my sis-mom's digital camera was stolen while she was there, too. She thinks by housekeeping because she left it in the room one day while at meetings at whatnot and when she got back she figured she had left it down there so she looked for it and it wasn't downstairs or anything, and everyone else in her room (there were four) distinctly remember that she hadn't taken it with her because she went to a seminar. She's assuming that housekeeping took it and she filed a claim with the management... we're super peeved because she said she took some super amazing pictures of our flag that was flying and stuff so now we're all a little peeved here at the Zeta Gamma Chapter.

That just sucks to have to worry about housekeeping stealing your stuff...