GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Academics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,530
1 members and 2,529 guests
Cookiez17

Old 07-18-2004, 12:01 AM
GreekChat Member

i was taking my first year seminar (called "family") and we had to read this book on orphans. this one girl (who we call "onion girl," youll see why) interjects the professor who was commenting on the book, and starts off by saying, "i talked about this in my paper (we had turned in a paper that day), but there was this really interesting article in "the onion" about..."

and were all in the classroom looking at her like, "is she quoting 'the onion'"? omg no she didnt!"

so as she's going on and on, the prof is giggling, and she says "yeah its kinda ridiculous right?" and he says, "yeah, its ridiculuous how your quoting a satirical newspaper."

the class is dying at this point, and she looks confused. she says, "yeah i know its pretty hilarious, but its a great paper. i get a lot of my information form there."

at the end of class, he gave her paper back and gave her a week's extension.

(and plz, tell me you guys know what the onion is, cause then the story is null and void)

i had a professor in a 3 hour lecture who would give us our break halfway through and say, "anyone who needs to smoke or change a tampon, this is the time to do it." talk about blunt.

another one--pretty embarassing.
another freshman class-(the class was called "lure of beauty")-there were 18 of us, all female, and we had this class in a conference type room. as this being the first class of the spring semester, me and friends got fucked up the night b4, and i was wiped. so the prof (male, no older than 30) who had the most gorgeous aqua eyes (i swear the were like mini-pools), was talking about the syllabus or whatever, and im starting off into space. so he says "any questions?" i raise my hand, still dazed, and ask, "are your eyes really that blue, or are they contacts? damn theyre beautiful."

he turns a bit red, and says, "is that why you've been staring at me all class?" winks at me playfully

if i was a few shades lighter, i probably wouldve turned red too, and im like, "i wasnt staring at you, im just a little tired..."
and he's like "yeah okay sure..."

it was pretty funny, and ironic, cause he starts talking about the psychology of beauty and why people are overwhelmed by eye color, feet, and some other stuff and how i gave him such a great segway to end the class.

iPod girl sat in teh last seat of the last row of our calc class. very early and long class (8-10 am). she always showed up early, dressed pretty fab and with her very loud iPod (our classroom was always quiet and small, so it sounded like it was blaring)

and she never turned it off, or took it out her ears. taking notes? nope--50 cent was playing. taking our midterm--christina aguilera. turning homework in? moulin rouge soundtrack.

anyway, the prof is starting to teach again after our break, and people are still talking. and he slams his notes down and screams, "i mean it or saturday detention for everyone!"

and everyone looks around like, "is he 4real? what a joke!"

iPod girl who btw, never talked (then again in lecture there wasnt a chance to unless u volunteered) pulls her headphones out and says, "geez, calm the fuck out why dont you." and mutters, "fucking saturday detention. get real."

everyone (all of us who are awake) are dying and it pisses teh prof even more. to top it off, she puts her headphones on again and proceeds to listening to creed's "my sacrifice" (you get ragged on if you listen to creed at my school--i have no idea why) at top volume.

in teh elevator to class, during rush hour (As we call it in main building) and its packed. this kid is crouched in the corner of the elevator listening to 2gether's "calculus." now i know everyone in that elevator knew what it was and that it was this particular kid.

as if this wasnt embarassing nough, kid#2 bursts out (as riding to the 9th floor is a long ride when it stops on every floor) "who's listening to 2gether?" makes eye contact witht e kid who looks away quickly, and says, "man thats cojones! loser"

okay im done.
Old 07-18-2004, 12:22 AM
GreekChat Member

My Soc. Final

I took a sociology class at a Community College. I had been warned that the teacher I had was a bit...well, she was interesting. She was a little blue haired old (when I say old I mean she was there when fire was discovered) lady. The first day of class she talked about punching Santa Claus in the nose (this was in January), and she called the President of the U.S. at that time the AntiChrist. Anyway, the day of my Soc. final she shows up to class a few minutes late all dishelved and DRUNK! I didn't notice anything was wrong until she passed out the test booklets and answer sheets, miscounting the number she need. The final was 100 multiple choice questions. Someone asked something about one of the questions so this teacher gives us the answers to the first 10 questions and then a few minutes later she tells us that we don't have to answer the last 15 questions. I was a mess the whole rest of the day. No idea how I got through the rest of my finals!
Old 07-18-2004, 03:49 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Quote:
Originally posted by tld221
i was taking my first year seminar (called "family") and we had to read this book on orphans. this one girl (who we call "onion girl," youll see why) interjects the professor who was commenting on the book, and starts off by saying, "i talked about this in my paper (we had turned in a paper that day), but there was this really interesting article in "the onion" about..."

and were all in the classroom looking at her like, "is she quoting 'the onion'"? omg no she didnt!"

so as she's going on and on, the prof is giggling, and she says "yeah its kinda ridiculous right?" and he says, "yeah, its ridiculuous how your quoting a satirical newspaper."

the class is dying at this point, and she looks confused. she says, "yeah i know its pretty hilarious, but its a great paper. i get a lot of my information form there."

at the end of class, he gave her paper back and gave her a week's extension.

(and plz, tell me you guys know what the onion is, cause then the story is null and void)
Somebody used the Onion in an academic paper? If I was the professor, I would have kept the paper and hang it up in the department's bulletin board. But I'm just mean that way.
Old 10-14-2008, 05:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I sooooooo needed this thread today.
Old 10-14-2008, 11:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Where stately oaks and broad magnolias shade inspiring halls
Quote:
Originally Posted by justamom View Post
but meanwhile there is this smelly kid in my psych class that makes me think of pig pen from charlie brown. and the worst part about it is that i have to go from acct in ceba to psych in locket...aka the 10 min that they alot for walking to class....well i take like 12 and i haul a** (ME) across the campus... it sucks really bad. so anyway the only way to get into class when that happens is to go in through the back well ofcourse who wants to sit by teh smelly so the only seats left are in the back around the smelly kid. so every m.w. adn f. i have to sit by teh SMELLY kid for like an hour....it sucks

I think this guy must REALLY SMELL!
Made me think of Phoebe's Smelly Cat Song! LOL!

I go to LSU and this is so true!! I also have a class in ceba and have to haul butt to cox building....and the smelly kid thing is true also...you can always tell who just ran to class in the heat.
Old 10-15-2008, 05:18 AM
GreekChat Member

I can't think of any good ones from college, but when I was student teaching my kids pulled a great one on me!

I use clips from movies to illustrate points in history (the books I was using had a really good set that went along or I show 5-10 minutes of films) so while they were coming in I had it set up for where I wanted it to start and just turned off the TV, so when I got to the point I just had to turn it on.

So imagine my surprise when I'm talking and all of a sudden the TV comes on... I looked over and both of the remotes were sitting on my desk. Ok, whatever, that's weird. Go over and turn off the TV. A few minutes later the same thing happened...
The students are laughing, I'm laughing trying to figure out what is going on... I then notice a student has brought into class another remote for the TV and was using it to be funny! It was one of the funniest things I have ever seen in a class! Apparently he had done it to another teacher as well!

seek the noblest
Old 12-05-2008, 11:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Transfer Day

Okay...this isn't my college classes but, it was still funny. I went with my boyfriend to a transfer day at an Ivy League University. Keep in mind you want to put your best foot forward-I mean...it's a VERY good school.

I sat with him as people asked the Admissions Counselors questions during a discussion about the school. My boyfriend and I were sitting in the SCIENCE building for all SCIENCE MAJORS at this school. Imagine our surprise when half the people didn't realize they were expected to take some sort of biology or chemistry prior to applying for transfer to this Ivy League school. People moaned and groaned as they questioned what they should do since their first two years at Community College was taken in liberal arts.

The best was when this really self-absorbed guy raised his hand after looking at the list of classes expected of all science majors. He looked up from the paper of class requirements and asked, "Ummmm...excuse me. It says here that we need 8 credits of biology. I was wondering where I could go for that since my community college doesn't offer any 8 credit courses."

The room just got silent and the look on the Admissions Counsler's face was priceless. She looked at him (trying too keep a straight face or at least a face that didn't denote how shocked she truly was) and said, "That means 8 credits over the course of two semesters. It means two 4-credit science classes with a lab."

WOW-and these people want to transfer? I'm no science major but, I can tell you that I knew the answer to that question too. I mean-WOW!
Old 01-14-2009, 01:21 AM
GreekChat Member

This one is a favorite of mine that happened to a friend a long time ago.

My friend (We'll call her K) was about to audition to be a music ed major and the day of her audition had come. At the Fine Arts Center she got met with the professor, got her clarinet assembled and warmed up. Before she went in to audition she mentioned to her father that she really wasn't feeling well. He advised to just go through the audition as quickly as possible so she could go home.

After playing her prepared pieces the professor starts to give her a critique and what she could improve on. "Okay, K, let's start here at this double bar line(Keeping in mind that they are almost shoulder to shoulder)..." K turned to voice her agreement when she projectile vomited on the professor. The professor starts to clean himself up and says, "I think we're done here." K replied, "I think so too."

K returned to the hallway and found her father. He asked how it went, to which K said in a matter-of-fact way, "Dad, I threw up on him." Her dad understood that they should make a hasty retreat.

A few weeks later she received a sizable letter from the music department, congratulating her for being accepted into the major!

I guess the lesson is of you want to go far in life, throw up on people?