GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 2,130
0 members and 2,130 guests
No Members online

Old 10-29-2020, 10:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Right now it almost feels like KD is actively trying to create MORE of a PR debacle. It’s a hot mess of epic proportions. I feel awful because I know a few women on National Council, including being in college with one of them. These are smart people who somehow just keep digging a hole deeper and deeper.
Old 10-30-2020, 01:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by QueenD View Post
Right now it almost feels like KD is actively trying to create MORE of a PR debacle. It’s a hot mess of epic proportions. I feel awful because I know a few women on National Council, including being in college with one of them. These are smart people who somehow just keep digging a hole deeper and deeper.
Yes, exactly. There really is no winning here for them. People are now criticizing either the fact they congratulated ACB in the first place, the fact that they retracted their statement, they're mad at KD's statement from today, they're annoyed that they went radio silent for a while, etc.

I think at this point KD just needs to let it go and move on. They really shouldn't have said any more publicly than they already had prior to today. But hey, I'm no PR expert.

@~/~~~~
Old 10-30-2020, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
Kappa Delta posted earlier today a message on Facebook (and perhaps other social media platforms?) saying, "You haven't heard from us much lately. We'd like to tell you why..." and continues on from there.

The comments seem to be a mixed bag of sisters either doubling down on how KD f'd up or saying they're looking forward to seeing how the organization can do better.

Meanwhile, a post from late July is flagged at the top of the page and introduces the Diversity and Inclusion Committee. Everyone clearly jumped in there and talked about the irony and hypocritical nature of creating such a committee and then not supporting a sister on an accomplishment because of her beliefs, values, religion, politics, etc.

Yikes.
I’m not even going to look at this because I don’t want to create a permanent indentation in my forehead from all the face palming.
Old 11-02-2020, 03:17 PM
Super Moderator

I moved a few posts debating the merit of ACB to the News & Politics forum merging them into the same thread. I think it's appropriate to discuss KD's response to the issue here and the political merits in the politics forum.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 11-09-2020, 05:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tcsparky
I don't see why KD should have to apologise for congratulating a member on gaining such as prestigious position. One of our purposes as women's organisations is to grow strong women to be leaders. She has done this. KD should be proud, and should not have retracted their statement.