GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,154
1 members and 1,153 guests
LaneSig

Old 09-09-2019, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Except they shut down all of recruitment because of it. A complete overreaction by those just out to see Greek Life die.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-09-2019, 04:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by What? View Post
Throwing the baby out with the bath water like this is why Dave Chappelle, Jerry Seinfeld and Chris Rock will not set foot on college campuses.
If you haven't seen Chappelle's new netflix special, watch it. But bring your "big boy" pants. He basically throws gasoline on the dumpster fire.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:38 PM
GreekChat Member

My fault- she was called “nasty” while the joke was called “racist” and no one shared my horror that she has been allowed to be vilified as the poster child for institutional racism at GWU for what I consider to be an isolated distasteful, failed attempt at a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVASquirrel View Post
OK then...I misunderstood what "What" was saying. I thought she was saying that the girl had been called racist. I didn't mean to imply that her post or joke or snapchat or whatever shouldn't be called racist.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Saw it, loved it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rod D View Post
If you haven't seen Chappelle's new netflix special, watch it. But bring your "big boy" pants. He basically throws gasoline on the dumpster fire.
Old 09-09-2019, 07:46 PM
GreekChat Member

I’m not an advocate for punishing all the groups. I’m wondering if it was based on the 2018 issues, as well? What would be appropriate action for these type of situations, so this will CEASE in the future? Unfortunately, I’m sure this won’t be the last time this happens (not just at GWU), because people will post anything on social media, instead of putting the phone down.

Here is the fallout from the situation:
https://www.gwhatchet.com/2019/09/09...eave-sorority/

Will anyone learn? Who will be next Snapchatter to get busted? Can the joke at least be funny? Find out on the next time on Dragon Ball Z.

Last edited by PersistentDST; 09-09-2019 at 08:00 PM.
Old 09-10-2019, 07:03 PM
Super Moderator

The chapter posted this statement on their Insta

pt 1
https://www.instagram.com/p/B2KBdjXhewZ/

Pt 2
https://www.instagram.com/p/B2DbTI2hp0W/
Old 09-10-2019, 09:31 PM
Super Moderator

Why are they taking the fall for what one member did?
Old 09-10-2019, 10:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I am really bewildered at all of the members who are threatening/ planning to resign their memberships because they feel that their HQ did not respond in a manner that they feel was swiftly or seriously enough. I just don't get it... response is no longer adequate, now these collegians determine what kind of apology is good enough. Well... OK. Your choice.