GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Zeta > Zeta Phi Beta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,309
1 members and 2,308 guests
chi-o_cat

Old 02-02-2002, 06:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PrettyKitty Send a message via Yahoo to PrettyKitty
Kenny Lattimore/Chante Moore wed and Mary J. Blige to Wed

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/2002...wedding_1.html

Kenny Lattimore has chosen fellow R&B singer Chante Moore as his permanent duet partner.

The pair wed in a private ceremony in Jamaica on New Year's Day, Lattimore's record label, Arista Records, said Tuesday. Lattimore was in the country for a concert.

Lattimore's hits include ``For You.'' Moore's songs include the hit ``Chante's Got a Man.'' She was previously married to ``A Different World'' actor Kadeem Hardison. They have one child together.

http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/lc/2002...he_knot_1.html

R&B singer Mary J. Blige recently told AP that she and her boyfriend got engaged during the holiday season. Blige had been romantically linked to singers K-Ci Hailey and Case in the past, and she hasn't set a date for the wedding, but promises that it will be a small private affair.

Blige, who recently celebrated her 31st birthday, has never been married and has no children. As for the singer's groom-to-be, his identity has remained confidential throughout the courtship, but it is only a matter of time before his cover is blown.

Prior to the engagement, LAUNCH spoke to Blige about what attracted her to the lucky man. "This person has been a blessing in my life--you know, just constantly on me, like a mother or something, but it's good stuff. It's not negative, and it's not bad. It's aggravating, but so is your mother, but your mother loved you," she said.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-02-2002, 07:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to DOVE1920 Send a message via Yahoo to DOVE1920
I'm really happy for both couples. I wonder why Mary isn't saying who it is?
Old 02-03-2002, 06:06 AM
GreekChat Member

I read in Jet magazine that Chante Moore and Kenny Lattimore got married, but I also heard on the local radio station that Brandy had eloped...............with her secret love, but I don't know if it's true or not..................Does anyone know????

~AUTHOR UNKNOWN~
Old 02-03-2002, 07:52 PM

Send a message via AIM to DOVE1920 Send a message via Yahoo to DOVE1920
Yeah Brandy is married. I can't remember his name but he is in the music biz.
Old 02-03-2002, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by DOVE1920
Yeah Brandy is married. I can't remember his name but he is in the music biz.

Really!!!!!! When did Brandy get married...I am behind on the gossip.

"Bound by ties of love and Sisterhood"
Old 02-04-2002, 01:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Arrow

Quote:
Originally posted by kizzie22

Really!!!!!! When did Brandy get married...I am behind on the gossip.
Yeah, it was news to me too. I heard on the radio station she got married to a Robert_______(somebody) last summer and she kept it a secret alllll this time. Congratulations to Brandy.
Old 02-04-2002, 02:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Question

Is there a web site with Brandy's wedding news or anything....?

~AUTHOR UNKNOWN~
Old 02-04-2002, 12:56 PM
GreekChat Member

WOW!!!

All of this is NEWZZZ to me. I just read in Ebony....I think about Kenny & Chante being one of the hottest couples....No idea though about the Wedding.

I asked My Man last night during the Pre-Superbowl festivities if Mary was married....he said he wasn't sure....but he thinks so.

BRANDY?????????

Wait until I tell this one......Robert??????

I would NOT keep my marriage a secret. PLEAZZZEEEE.....When I get engaged.....EVERYBODY will hear about it!!!

Old 02-04-2002, 05:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb Brandy's husband's name is.....

Robert Smith. I heard that he's Rodney Jerkins' cousin or something. You know Brandy's mom was fit to be tied b/c she probably wanted to give her daughter away. But I think that Brandy's becoming a rebel in her own right and, plus, her momma probably gets on her nerves. That might be why Ray-J is soooo out of control. I think that Mary's keeping the identity of her significant other a secret b/c it's a part of her private life and she wants it to remain that way; PRIVATE!!!
"Having a nasty attitude won't yield you the results you want when you want them; it'll just make people steer clear of you and your toxicity in order to keep from being contaminated by you and your nastiness."- Me
Old 02-06-2002, 09:54 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PrettyKitty Send a message via Yahoo to PrettyKitty
Quote:
Originally posted by Tru Blue Lady
but I also heard on the local radio station that Brandy had eloped...............with her secret love, but I don't know if it's true or not..................Does anyone know????
http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/lc/2002...st_year_1.html

Brandy Admits She Married Producer Last Year
(2/5/02, 7 p.m. ET) -- Singer-actress Brandy has revealed that she married producer-songwriter Robert Smith last year. Brandy said in a statement, "I've fallen in love with a very warm, gentle, understanding, and focused person. This summer we married quietly. A new experience, a new day for me."

Brandy's father Willie Norwood, who released his first album in October 2001, alluded to Brandy's nuptials in November when he spoke with LAUNCH about the timing of his solo debut, the gospel album 'Bout It. The elder Norwood said, "Now that they are all grown and everything, they have their own career and (are) getting ready to get into their own lives and start their own families and things like that, (starting my own career lets) me have something worthwhile to do."

Brandy recently released "What About Us?," the lead single from her forthcoming third album, titled Full Moon, which is due out March 5. The song has been racing up the chart and is currently Number 13 on the Billboard Hot 100.

Calls to Brandy's Atlantic Records label were not returned at press time.

-- Billy Johnson Jr., Los Angeles and Yves Erwin Salomon, New York