GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,150
0 members and 1,150 guests
No Members online

Old 01-12-2007, 08:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Newbie here

I hope that this is the right place to post this, but I'm new here. I will be participating in informal recuitment hopefully this upcoming semester. I really excited to start school next week. I'm a Hospaitality and Resort management major with a possible minor in Japanese. (I love anime and I'm really interested in learning the language after watching so much anime from The Anime Network.)

And if things turn out right with me getting into a sorority, I will tell you how things went.

BTW, I <heart> hibiscuses!

Last edited by sunnyhibiscus; 01-13-2007 at 04:26 AM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-12-2007, 10:10 PM
Super Moderator

welcome and good luck sunnyhibiscus!
Old 01-12-2007, 10:15 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnyhibiscus View Post

BTW, I <heart> hibiscuses!
As do I. It's my state flower.

Good luck with recruitment!
Old 01-12-2007, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Good-luck with recruitment!
Old 01-20-2007, 04:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Monday is Open House night, so I'll be there and let you guys know how it turns out.
Old 01-20-2007, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

good luck!
Old 01-27-2007, 11:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey guys, sorry I took so long. I obiously don't have a computer in my dorm, but it will change soon hopefully. Anyway, I have enjoyed the open house. At first I was almost clueless about sorority life, but when the sisters talked more about it, I started to get a good, strong knowledge about it, and hopefully my knowledge will get expanded more when I join one. Anyway, I toured all seven houses and I was allowed to revisit any of them with time permitting. I only revisit two of them, because of time shortage. Anyway, I feel connected with most of them. I told them a little about myself and I was chatting away.

Anyway, I hope to hear from them concerning COB or informal recruitment soon.
Old 01-27-2007, 12:22 PM
Super Moderator

fingers crossed for you !
Old 01-27-2007, 12:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Good luck during informal! I just very recently pledged a sorority after informal, and it was the best decision I've made! Informal recruitment is amazing because you have more time to get to know the sisters, and to decide if that house is a perfect fit for you. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! Just remember to relax, be yourself, and have fun with it!
Old 01-27-2007, 02:23 PM
Super Moderator

Our neighbor pledged AGD in informal at Mercer a couple of years ago and she loved it! Congratulations!
Old 02-24-2007, 10:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Update

Okay, I have an update for you guys. Sorry that it took so long. First off, one of the sororities had COB events on the same week of Open House. But I really didn't feel connected with them when I was at Open House, even though they were nice girls. So sorry to say, I didn't attend the events. I hope I didn't offend anyone.

Now, I haven't recieved a phone call or an email about informal recruitment opportunities with the other sororities. So, I assuming that they won't be taking in new members this semester. So, I guess that I'm going have to wait until the fall for formal recuitment. But, I keeping my ears and my eyes open for opportunities this semester.

BTW, Spring Break is after next week and I've changed my major to fashion merchandising. I wasn't really too happy with the hospitality and resort management major.

That's all for now.
Old 02-28-2007, 07:44 PM
GreekChat Member

One last thing, I have read many posts telling people to get involve in other activities outside of sorority life. I have joined an organization that works with a local children's hospital. And when I return from spring break after next week, I'm might join the swing dance club. I'm joining these clubs not only for opportunities to beef up my application come next fall, but to also meet new friends and have fun.

I was supposed to have my white dress now, but the store have shipped the wrong size, and I had to send it back to get the right size. It should be here sometime this week or early next week. Boy, doesn't it suck when they send you the wrong size?

But otherwise, I'm enjoying this semester. This may be my last post for a while.

Last edited by sunnyhibiscus; 02-28-2007 at 07:50 PM.
Old 03-01-2007, 08:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay, yesterday, while I was walking down to the laundry room at my dorm and I saw one of the doors with a sign from a sorority signifying that she has become a new member.

I don't understand. I mean I have a good personaility and all. I didn't say anything negative at the open house. And I'm a sweet person and all. I don't know. And there were about seven people at the open house.

I have dreamed about joining a sorority for so long. And I'm willing not to let my dream die. I'm not a stalker on anything. It's just that you know. I will keep on trying. I'm one of those people who will not give up.

Last edited by sunnyhibiscus; 03-01-2007 at 08:50 PM.
Old 03-01-2007, 09:02 PM
GreekChat Member

It's good not to give up! That attitude is definitely great. However, the sorority may have only had like 5 spots they had to fill, and therefore had to cut come people. If you're up for it in the fall, I would try to go through formal recruitment; sororities will take larger pledge classes then. But only go through it if you can handle a possible rejection. Good luck!
Old 03-02-2007, 10:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
First off, one of the sororities had COB events on the same week of Open House. But I really didn't feel connected with them when I was at Open House, even though they were nice girls. So sorry to say, I didn't attend the events. I hope I didn't offend anyone.

Quote:
Okay, yesterday, while I was walking down to the laundry room at my dorm and I saw one of the doors with a sign from a sorority signifying that she has become a new member.

I don't understand. I mean I have a good personaility and all. I didn't say anything negative at the open house. And I'm a sweet person and all. I don't know. And there were about seven people at the open house.

I have dreamed about joining a sorority for so long. And I'm willing not to let my dream die. I'm not a stalker on anything. It's just that you know. I will keep on trying. I'm one of those people who will not give up.
If you didnt go to anymore of the events, then they probably thought you werent interested. So....if you want to join a sorority, you need to show up at events they have, to express interest. If they dont think you're interested, they arent going to invite you. That's just the way it works. You had an opportunity to get your name out there, and you didnt take it because you didnt "click" after meeting them one time, and now you're complaining about it?

If I misinterpretted your posts, then I apologize, but that's what it sounded like to me. "Oh, I didnt click, so I didnt go back, but now I'm pissed off that some other girl got to join, but I didnt."