GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 1,879
0 members and 1,879 guests
No Members online

Old 03-09-2005, 01:40 PM
GreekChat Member

any1 going to the SEC, or other NCAA tournaments?

Hey college sport fans! I'm going down to ATL for the SEC to watch my Cats play! Anyone going to be there?

Or is anyone else traveling this spring to see their team play?

Just curious?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-09-2005, 01:53 PM
GreekChat Member

I would love to see UConn if they end up playing in Worcester (depending on what bracket they get for the tourney). However, I don't think it's going to happen.
Old 03-09-2005, 02:03 PM
GreekChat Member

The Pac-10 Tournament is starting at the Staples Center tomorrow and that's only about a minute's car ride from where I work, so normally I would be all over the chance to see my Arizona Wildcats in action.

Unfortunately, I'll be in Santa Monica for a conference for the next 2 days. I'll try to get tickets if they get into the final on Saturday.

BEAR DOWN!
Old 03-09-2005, 02:15 PM
GreekChat Member

I may be going to the ACC tournament this weekend. It just depends on who my friend decides to take with her.
Old 03-09-2005, 02:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
I would love to see the Big Ten Tournament since it is in Chicago this year. Unfortunately that won't be happening. Oh well.

GO IU!
Old 03-09-2005, 03:39 PM

Daisy--have FUN in Catlanta!!!!

We're planning to be at the Sweet 16 and Elite 8 games in Syracuse, with fingers crossed to the NCAA gods that we get the teams we selfishly want there.
Old 03-09-2005, 06:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to bluefish81
I'm heading to Kansas City for the Big XII tourney to cheer for my Cyclones!
Old 03-09-2005, 07:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTABullwinkle
I would LOVE to be at the ACC tourney at the MCI Center in Washington DC. Today they had this rather long article in our sports page about how tickets are distributed. I would post the link, but I can't find it on their website.

It basically said if you wanted tickets through the university, you need to pony up $$$. Since the MCI center seats fewer than the Greensboro Coliseum....tickets are even harder to come by. Thus, you had to give even MORE money for a pair (unlike in past years where you got four.) I think the schools (except for the newest additions to the ACC) got something like 1900 tickets for their boosters, and not in the better seats.

What I would give to be at Duke University as a student....One day I will see Duke-UNC in Cameron. One day...

"Even in our sleep, pain which cannot forget, falls drop by drop upon our hearts. Until against our will comes the wisdom of God."
Old 03-09-2005, 08:48 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305 Send a message via Skype™ to sigtau305
I'd like to go to the Mid-American Conference Tournament here in Cleveland but only if Kent State get to the finals.

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!
Old 03-09-2005, 09:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AWJDZ
Quote:
Originally posted by ZTABullwinkle
I would LOVE to be at the ACC tourney at the MCI Center in Washington DC. Today they had this rather long article in our sports page about how tickets are distributed. I would post the link, but I can't find it on their website.

It basically said if you wanted tickets through the university, you need to pony up $$$. Since the MCI center seats fewer than the Greensboro Coliseum....tickets are even harder to come by. Thus, you had to give even MORE money for a pair (unlike in past years where you got four.) I think the schools (except for the newest additions to the ACC) got something like 1900 tickets for their boosters, and not in the better seats.

What I would give to be at Duke University as a student....One day I will see Duke-UNC in Cameron. One day...
I have several friends who are going. A lot of familys and companys around my area are major supporters. Several of my students have told me they will be out on thurs. and fri. Must be nice... I have gone when it was in G'boro several times and it is an experience!

As for the Duke/Carolina match up...I have seen that in Cameron. I am a Wolfpack fan, but a friend(actually former student whos parents had gone out of town and they had season tickets so they asked me to take her) had the tickets and you can not give up that kind of experience. Cameron Indoor is HOTTTTTT and SMALL! Maybe that is why thye are the cameron crazies...you feel like you are going crazy because everyone is on top of each other and about to burn up! Cate is from a family of big time Iron Duke club members. She goes with mom and dad or her grandparents everywhere, including the NCAA to see them play. You can always tell when they are playing because she would check out early. Again, must be nice....

I'll be sitting in VA at mom and dad and watching it on tv.
Old 03-09-2005, 11:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTABullwinkle
I'll be in Va. Beach watching the Acc Tournament also. My mother, who graduated from Duke and raised me on proper basketball (sorry Tarheels fans!) is stuck in San Diego, CA. This is the same woman who used to bring a small TV into work with her so she could keep up with the games.

I don't know how she is going to do it. But this is one of the few times work has had her stay over a weekend. At least I know the pillows are safe in her house... (she has a habit of chewing on pillows when games get close. Gotta love my mom....)

"Even in our sleep, pain which cannot forget, falls drop by drop upon our hearts. Until against our will comes the wisdom of God."
Old 03-09-2005, 11:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by bluefish81
I'm heading to Kansas City for the Big XII tourney to cheer for my Cyclones!
Ah, so glad it's back in KC where it belongs. Have fun!!

I told the huzbin we're going down some year for it.
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.
Old 03-10-2005, 01:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to winnieb
My husband will be at the Big 12 Tourney in KC---- he's been in San Antonio for work since mid-January and was sure to book his trip home the weekend of the tourney. He goes every year---regardless of location.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ZTABullwinkle

Yeah apparently tickets are given to each school's booster club and then they distribute them to people who "donate" the most to the school/athletic program.

I found out my friend only has 2 tickets, so she's taking her boyfriend

We may go hang around outside the MCI center and try to buy tickets off of fans whose team lost.
Old 03-10-2005, 10:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AWJDZ
alrighty, the TV is set up in the gym...in honor of the ACC tourney, we will be playing basketball and cheering on my beloved Wolfpack at 2:00....it is a great day to be a pe teacher. Physical Education at its finest AND we are able to relate it to real world experience. Might intergrate some math skills to find out how far we are down by and what we need to shoot to get the lead back.