GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,298
0 members and 1,298 guests
No Members online

Old 12-13-2002, 12:45 PM
GreekChat Member

College ball QBs

Just a hypothetical question: Does anyone think there will ever be another Peyton Manning, someone who you see as a sophomore in college who will in his NFL rookie year become one of the leauges elite quarterbacks? Theres a lot of 'Ken Dorsey could do okay, Brad Banks will be all right', but no 'ready for NFL upon entering the draft' deal.
Old 12-13-2002, 01:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
CARSON PALMER
Old 12-13-2002, 01:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Honestly - i think Gesser of Wazzu will make a great NFL QB. He won't be a Peyton Manning but out this years class - with Dorsey, Palmer, even my beloved Brad Banks -I see Gesser as one of the top dawgs down the line.

That guy is amazing - he can see the field great, always hits the open players, he dominated the UCLA game while injured.

I think Palmer will do great as well. So will Leftwich of Marshall.

I love Brad, but he's small compared to the likes of Palmer, so we'll see how he does he is the QB prototype of the future - he pases and runs the ball himself.

Oh man, all this football talk is getting me excited for bowl games... i leave for Miami in 18 days...

Last edited by IowaHawkeye; 12-13-2002 at 01:36 PM.
Old 12-13-2002, 01:41 PM

I think Leftwich has the best shot.
Old 12-13-2002, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator

Leftwich or Eli Manning if you could give the guy a better O-Line and some recievers that could catch a well thrown ball..
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 12-13-2002, 04:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ktsnake
Leftwich or Eli Manning if you could give the guy a better O-Line and some recievers that could catch a well thrown ball..
receivers:
Kareem Kelly
Sultan McCullough
Malefu MacKenzie

Old 12-13-2002, 05:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
Leftwich, by a mile

He's the 'real deal' - he's not just another "toolsy" QB (*cough* Palmer), he has really good size/strength (*cough* Banks), he's not overrated (*cough* Dorsey) . . .

He's huge, runs, throws the ball well both short and downfield, and has gigantic heart (playing w/ fractured leg). That's about the full gamut right?
Old 12-13-2002, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by IowaHawkeye
Honestly - i think Gesser of Wazzu will make a great NFL QB. He won't be a Peyton Manning but out this years class - with Dorsey, Palmer, even my beloved Brad Banks -I see Gesser as one of the top dawgs down the line.

That guy is amazing - he can see the field great, always hits the open players, he dominated the UCLA game while injured.
Thank you thank you thank you! It seems that no matter who well we do, and no matter what odds we overcome and how much we have improved, no one notices. I understand that there are a lot of people who are midwest and east coast biased, but still, we are here, and we are good.

Gesser does have a lot of talent, but I am worried that after all of the injuries he's sustained since he's been playing Wazzu football, this might really be his last year he can play without being a liability. Thi is his last year of college ball, but drafts are coming up. If he can reecover, he's going to be a great draft pick, and he has so much more potential than everything that he's alreay shown, IMHO.
Old 12-13-2002, 05:32 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Imthechamp
All college QB's suck except for Dorsey and Palmer.

The whole Marshall squad sucks. No idea how anyone can call Leftwich a good qb. They have an easy schedule every year and they'd get destroyed if they played against a decent defense. They got their ass whooped against V. Tech and Akron
Old 12-13-2002, 05:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by SigkapAlumWSU

Thank you thank you thank you! It seems that no matter who well we do, and no matter what odds we overcome and how much we have improved, no one notices. I understand that there are a lot of people who are midwest and east coast biased, but still, we are here, and we are good.

I hear ya SigkapAlumWSU. Its a fate suffered by the Pac-10 and the West coast, because of our time zones. We consistently have a strong and competetive conference and it largely gets overlooked. It just stinks.
Old 12-13-2002, 06:43 PM
Unregistered-

Quote:
Originally posted by SigkapAlumWSU

Gesser does have a lot of talent, but I am worried that after all of the injuries he's sustained since he's been playing Wazzu football, this might really be his last year he can play without being a liability. Thi is his last year of college ball, but drafts are coming up. If he can reecover, he's going to be a great draft pick, and he has so much more potential than everything that he's alreay shown, IMHO.
Yeah...I like Jason too. *sigh* ;-)
Old 12-13-2002, 06:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Imthechamp

The whole Marshall squad sucks. No idea how anyone can call Leftwich a good qb. They have an easy schedule every year and they'd get destroyed if they played against a decent defense. They got their ass whooped against V. Tech and Akron
True, though you've gotta look at his numbers in those games - he still put up very good numbers, even when the team wasn't doing so well. I still think he's the best prospect out there, followed up by Palmer.

I just think Dorsey has too weak of an arm - puts up good numbers because he's had a great running game the past two years and very good offensive linemen. He's a hell of a college qb, no doubt...but not much of an NFL future.
Old 12-13-2002, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Imthechamp

Your exactly right. Just ask Chad Pennington.
Old 12-13-2002, 07:04 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Imthechamp
Quote:
Originally posted by KSigkid

True, though you've gotta look at his numbers in those games - he still put up very good numbers, even when the team wasn't doing so well. I still think he's the best prospect out there, followed up by Palmer.

I just think Dorsey has too weak of an arm - puts up good numbers because he's had a great running game the past two years and very good offensive linemen. He's a hell of a college qb, no doubt...but not much of an NFL future.
Yeah, I did go to ESPN to check out his stats and he had many great games but look at the teams he played! Akron, Central Michigan, Troy St., Buffalo, Kent St. I mean...wtf?

Oh, btw, to whoever said Chad Pennington lol! He really is over rated. Grats to him for not being able to produce in a meaningful game. He tore up KC and Detroits defense though...wow!
Old 12-13-2002, 07:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Who you calling "boy"? The name's Hand Banana . . .
Quote:
Originally posted by Thrillhouse

Your exactly right. Just ask Chad Pennington.
Yeah - and Steve McNair