GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 2,258
0 members and 2,258 guests
No Members online

Old 10-09-2019, 09:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Reach out to Wayne State University in Detroit. They have a pretty strong Greek system and are urban, commuter.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:00 PM

More of a suburban commuter but Kent went from quota of maybe 16 in mid-2000s to this year's quota of almost 50. From six NPC chapters to 8. I would consider it to be significantly more traditional now than it was about 15 years ago.

Lakers Nation.
Old 01-24-2020, 03:03 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm not at a commuter school, but I personally feel like wanting to have a sense of community is something that everyone wants. So, that can be even more important for students where that sense is not the norm. Sure, there are going to be those that just want to go to their classes and get their degree, but for the ones that are there because they are from that city, but still want to have a fulfilling experience, having a fraternity or sorority to join can make all the difference.
Old 01-24-2020, 07:59 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm at a suburban mostly commuter school, and the greek life is actually big for a school of its size. From what I've heard from them (I dorm) it's to get more involved since a lot of times commuters will pretty much do home-class-home and want more involvement on campus.

Since 1888

If I can get a bid so can you; a longer recruitment story
Old 01-25-2020, 03:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersistentDST View Post

The university does have Division 1 athletics, but no football team. I know students who worked HARD to plan an excellent Homecoming, but it isn’t the same without football.
Since there is no football team, do your important student-interest Homecoming festivities coincide with a Division I basketball season? And is basketball the sport most highly attended by students, or would moving Homecoming to a different sport bring higher interest/student attendance?

Knowing that most commuter schools have at least these areas, may I ask: does your on-campus library or student cafeteria have designated greek org tables/rooms available as mini-publicity, where a non-greek student might make a greek student introduction?

It's only words, and words are all I have to take your heart away.