GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,356
2 members and 2,354 guests
LaneSig

Old 07-10-2002, 05:06 PM
Unregistered-

Thumbs up A shout out to the wonderful Alpha Gams!!!

I decided to post on this because of KillarneyRose's thread in the DZ forum.

With the recent dramas going on in the boards, I just wanted to remind you all on how much I love Alpha Gamma Delta and that my sisters mean the world to me. While I try my best every day to live the Alpha Gam Purpose, I have to admit that sometimes it can get a little bit difficult. If I have offended any of my sisters with my opinions on certain subjects and individuals, I apologize.

That being said, I'm going to post a message here to inform my sisters of the action being taken against dzrose93 and me:

"Just to let you know, I have 32 (Men and Women) signatures from people on GC signing a petition that I started asking for the ban on DzRose93 and yourself. I know you will probably be allowed to come back sooner than I did, but just so you cannot have the same name again and you are banned at least once, thats all we want. I am waiting until we find enough people to get over 50 before I send it to John Hammel. By the end of this week from other members approaching other people on this board, we should have more than enough. Every person copies and pastes it to another PM and then sends it to their friend, then their friend sends it back so that eveyone can send it out. We chose not to do this in public but rather secretive so that it does not look like revenge or just a bunch of people talking crapp. We are very serious about this and I wanted you and DzRose93 to know about it before everyone else online finds out about it. This is not revenge from me but rather the feelings of many people online who are sick and tired the way things are done around here by only a few mods. Anyhow- I wanted you to know whats being done to the two of you before it is a big slap in the face. We all know nobody likes surprises. I hope you learn to change just as I have. Those in position of authority are sometimes reluctant to change and therefore must lose their position before a change takes place.

Thank you for your time.
Craig"

Most you think it would have been better to take this to the PMs, but to be honest, I'd have a hard time sending it out to all my sisters on this board.

Each of you has your own opinion of this person, and this post is not aimed create or change it.

Thank you for your time...and long live Alpha Gamma Delta.

Loyally in Epsilon Pi,
Sandy
Delta Sigma/Hawaii Alumnae
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-10-2002, 05:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to hawaiiagd Send a message via Yahoo to hawaiiagd
Gosh Sandy! You know we love you

Can't imagine what on earth you could have done or said to offend anyone... but hey... no one's perfect... including the people who don't think moderators are entitled to opinions and/or don't appreciate the role a moderator plays.

Hope you don't get the boot.... what would you do at work all day? LOL

Alpha Gam Love and Mine,

Mai
Old 07-10-2002, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm not exactly sure what is going on, but I think this is related to a so-called Pike??

I agree with Mai that sometimes people think that moderators are not allowed to have personal opinions
I have also read other posts from other GC'ers (non-mods) that were offended by this person if that is who Craig is.

I have personally met you and DZRose93 and can attest that both of you truly love your orgs and support Greek life very much.

Hang in there!

Loyally in EP,
Lynn

Old 07-10-2002, 06:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Dear Sandy,

Don't fret about such rude people! They don't deserve your effort at all People will do anything for attention it seems. Anyhoo, you know I support you!

LiEP,
Nina
Old 07-10-2002, 07:26 PM

Send a message via AIM to theta sig agd
Hey Sandy,

I must be completely oblivious!! I had no idea anything was going on!! I think you are a wonderful mod!!!!

Anyway, maybe a counter petition is in order! We could get sigs to keep you as a mod!!!

Good luck!

Liep,

Wendy
Old 07-10-2002, 10:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Sandy,

You know we love you and will stick behind you come hell or high water.

LIEP,
Maria
Old 07-11-2002, 12:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to squirrely girl
32 sigs? wtf???? who? piphisecrets? her daughter? UFpike? all of their alter ego names? WTF? dude that is sooooooooooo freaking lame. and i highly doubt (not that i know him personally) that John would take this seriously. half the time, these people come online with a load of poo anyways and then they sit around wondering why people flame on them. morons. seriously sandy. you've got complete and utter support from the alpha gams and all but 32 other loser members on this site. don't get down. they aren't worth it.

ps. my lord. a petition. don't these freaks have ANYTHING better to do with their damn time? my gawd. eat. sleep, mow the grass. hell --- find a new site to make enemies at.

marissa
A GD
Old 07-11-2002, 07:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Nope, this is not going to go down this way. People cannot ban someone from a board because she has an opinion, especially if she is not being profane, rude, hurtful, or in any way making a person not want to post. I have read a lot of your posts Sandy, and I have never seen anything that would merit an email like this. A counter-petition will be started, because what he is doing is wrong. I can think of one particular thread that even names you as one of the regular GCers that people like, many times.

I just wanted to tell everyone that Sandy is my chapter sister, I can vouch for how wonderful this girl is. All of us alums went back for a reunion and we all LOVED this girl (she was the one undergrad all of us wished pledged with us). We installed the chapter and we were so happy that our love for life and our sisters was so present in Sandy and the others.

Hang in there Sandy! The cavalry is coming....

L&L,
Amy
Old 07-11-2002, 01:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AGDPrincess70
Quote:
Originally posted by theta sig agd

Anyway, maybe a counter petition is in order! We could get sigs to keep you as a mod!!!

Not a bad idea! I second that!!! Anybody else?

You rock Sandy!! I find it funny that the people who are causing all of this crap ( i.e piphisecrets, UF_Pike, et all) aren't the ones being banned and someone as awesome as yourself is. This is bullsh!t.

We're here for you, honey!

LIEP,
Holly
Old 07-11-2002, 03:41 PM
GreekChat Member

I'll sign any counter-petition that is created in response to these losers. This is freaking rediculous. But, I doubt that John is going to take someone seriously who was banned and does nothing but cause trouble.
AGD love and LIEP to all!
Old 07-11-2002, 05:34 PM
Unregistered-

Smile

Amy, thanks so much. It's too bad you guys live so far away! A lot of my Alpha Gam-ness is because I AM Kristi Shaw's sister great-great-great-great-great-granddaughter! That explains a lot now, right?

Thank you so much to all my sisters!

Alpha Gam xoxo,
Sandy
Old 07-11-2002, 05:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Quote:
Originally posted by DWAlphaGam
This is freaking rediculous. But, I doubt that John is going to take someone seriously who was banned and does nothing but cause trouble.
Let us all hope so!

Sandy, I am sorry you are dealing with this stupidity. I know what it's like to deal with trouble makers who don't understand and can't measure up to your loyalty and hard work. Keep your chin up...we're here for you!

L&L,
Leslie
Old 07-11-2002, 09:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to theta sig agd
I am glad someone took my suggestion on the counter petition!!
Sign me up where ever it is!!!!!!

I dont know where the petition is or how to sign it so someone please let me know!!!

We're behind you Sandy...in true E Pi Style!!!!!!!!!!

Liep

Wendy
Old 07-12-2002, 08:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink

I started one and PMed it to hawaiiagd (another chapter sister ), so hopefully it'll start making the rounds.

L&L,
Amy
Old 07-12-2002, 07:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AGDPrincess70
be sure to PM it to me!