GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Locals

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,139
0 members and 1,139 guests
No Members online

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2018, 12:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Advice on founding a sorority/cure me of founderitis

Hello all! I am hoping that some could either give me advice on how to accomplish this goal or cure me of founderitis. Sorry to have posted this question again, but all of the threads with good information seemed outdated.

My situation is a little different than many as not only did I go through recruitment, I pledged and was initiated into an NPC sorority. Tragically, our nationals has chosen to disestablish us despite the fact that we did nothing wrong. There were just so many things wrong with the way that the entire situation was handled, we feel that our (former) nationals no longer represents the values we pledged for. As a result, myself and many other former members of the organization would like to create a local sorority. Our chapter was often considered the chapter of "Misfits", and while that may have been a source of embarrassment for our nationals, we were not embarrassed of who we are. We still want girls like us to be able to have a house on campus.

This is where our 'new' sorority comes in. We want to take a page out of Phi Lambda's (the Christian Sorority) book and allow members who have been initiated into another sorority to join, but we will not allow members who currently hold active membership in another sorority to participate. We want an organization that upholds the values we hold and prepares girls for their future through sisterhood. We have a completely different structure and values from our former organization as well because we aren't trying to be XYZ house 2.0

There are no local organizations at our school, despite dire need, and there are no guidelines on how to get this done. Any and all advice would be appreciated.