GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Sigma Tau

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,424
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zsamnthajnrz607
» Online Users: 2,782
1 members and 2,781 guests
zsamnthajnrz607

Old 12-10-2004, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mmcline
Guard/dangle ques.?

Ok, I was reading the national website and it said alum. wear there chapter guard with the anchor dangle.

I have extra money so I was going to get both. Does anyone have a guard? which one did you get, the gold, etched gold or pearl? and does anyone wear dangles on their guard chain?

Anything else I should get? This is part of a christmas present.

Anyways, just curious what the other alum. have as far as dangles and guards.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-10-2004, 10:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ASTDD2002
wow, I was going to put up a post asking about the dangles and guards. Where can you get them at?
Old 12-10-2004, 10:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Guards

Dangles

Other AST jewelry
Old 12-11-2004, 06:48 PM
GreekChat Member

I always thought that if I got a pearl badge, then I would get the pearl guard as well.
I have a plain gold guard now (with a standard badge) and I have had various dangles. Right now I have a pearl dangle b/c I think it looks classy.
Anyway, whatever dangle you choose should be fine... I think that a pearl badge and guard with an anchor dangle will look very nice.

Did I mention that I'm jealous?!?
Old 12-13-2004, 10:09 AM
GreekChat Member

1- I'm jealous of you getting a pearl badge, but you totally deserve it so I won't hate you for it.

2- I would go with the pearl guard becuase of the pearl badge. But then as I write this, I think the simple guard might look really classy and set the badge off more because it won't compete....hum...ok I change my mind, I am not sure I like how the pearls look in the guard, go plain, and it will look great...but the pearls would look great too...

3- if you have extra money you can feel free to get me a pearl badge for christmas. I promise I won't mind

edit- why do they offer a violet dangle for AST? I'm on crack or do we not have anything to do with the violet. I swear I only recieved yellow roses....

Last edited by Little E; 12-13-2004 at 10:11 AM.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

I was wondering the same thing about the violet. I looked at other sororities trying to find a rose dangle, but couldn't find one.

I went ahead and got the pearl guard, an anchor dangle and a pearl dangle. The dangles are actually not expensive. I figured I would regret not getting a pearl guard eventually and my little, told me I had to get it so she could see what it looked like when I wore it.

Now, I just need to become national staff, so i can get the pearl badge with the rubies, which I love, espcially since rubies are my birth stone.
Old 12-13-2004, 11:42 AM
GreekChat Member

wait i thought rubies were for advisors, they are for nat'l staff? what is the advisor then?
Nat'l pres is diamonds... i got that one.
Old 12-13-2004, 01:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Advisors, ECs, and a few other positions are considered Assistants to National Staff... therefore they can wear the ruby badge. When I was a TC, I wanted a ruby badge so bad, but I was a recovering poor college student!

National Staff = Ruby Badge
National Council (DCC, Director of Expansion, etc.) = Emerald Badge
National President = Diamond Badge
Old 12-13-2004, 01:54 PM
GreekChat Member

ahhhh that makes sense. Our first advisor had the rubies, so pretty.
Old 12-13-2004, 08:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ASTDD2002
I've decided that for my 21st birthday I want to get my chapter dangle, the VP, & Music dangles. However, I'm not sure which chapter dangle to get. I am an alumna of Delta Delta, but I am an active in Delta Upsilon. So should I get the anchor too? I'm trying to figure this all out before I make out my wish list.
Old 12-14-2004, 12:39 PM
GreekChat Member

DD,

I would say get whatever guard you want... You are a member of both chapters.
I know a sister who transferred from one school to another. She went through the same predicament as you, although she already had a guard from the previous chapter. She didn't know whether or not she needed to buy a new one... in the end she kept her original guard and whenever anyone would notice it was always a good conversation starter!
Old 12-14-2004, 01:21 PM
GreekChat Member

If you want both to show, can you get one on your guard, then find somewhere that makes lavilers, and have the other chapter letters made into a laviler, then use the laviler as a dangle, they kind look like the might be the same size. so then it would look like the risk management dangle that master's offers. did that make sense?
Old 12-14-2004, 01:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I have the Pearl badge and the plain gold guard. It looks really nice. When I was a collegiate, I was one of the few who actually had the pearl badge and a guard so it got borrowed alot. I'm amazed it never was lost. I just asked my BF for the anchor dangle for xmas, and maybe some other jewlery. Hmmm...im going shopping;-)
Old 12-14-2004, 02:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Long-distance information, give me Memphis, Tennessee!
Question Wow,

Those are gorgeous.

I looked up Alpha Xi Delta's dangles too, since they are also rosy (pink roses), but they also had the anchor and violet charms! How weird!

I also looked at some of Delta Chi's things too, since we are the Delta Chi Colony hehe. I saw that they have sweetheart pins! Pretty! Does AST have anything like that? I don't know if we are going to have sweetheart this year or not, but I am curious.
Old 12-14-2004, 03:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Wow,

Quote:
Originally posted by LightBulb
Those are gorgeous.

I looked up Alpha Xi Delta's dangles too, since they are also rosy (pink roses), but they also had the anchor and violet charms! How weird!
Pardon the intrusion into your forum, ladies.

If you're referring to the list that's on the Masters of Design website, I think that's a generic listing of the dangles they have available, and not a listing for each specific GLO. Under our section they have included the AOPi spirit dangle, which we definitely don't utilize, since we're not AOPis! I have no idea what the violet dangle is for.

Someone told me the anchor dangle designates the wearer as an alumna, so that one isn't org-specific.

I've also noticed some orgs use the double-heart dangle as their big sister dangle. I have the lamp one as my big sister dangle.

Here is another thread discussing dangles.

HTH.