GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,293
1 members and 1,292 guests
FSUZeta

Old 03-22-2005, 02:49 AM
GreekChat Member

I was down in Savannah, GA for St. Patty's Day and it was sea of Greeks. I met a KD, a Tri Delt, 4 Phi Mu's, 2 ADPi's, and a Pi Phi. As for the boys, I met a Fiji, 2 SAE's, 4 TKE's, and a Kappa Sig. I also saw TONS of letters on cars all the way down there and all the way back.
Old 03-23-2005, 11:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to alphaiota Send a message via Yahoo to alphaiota
seeing letters at a big drinking celebration?! i'm shocked! (insert sarcasm here)

shelley j
sigma k
Old 03-24-2005, 01:13 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sister Havana
I saw a girl in a Delta Delta Delta shirt at O'Hare Airport yesterday.
Sometimes I think there's a law that x amount of GLOs must represent in every one of O'Hare's terminals at any given time! I've yet to go through there without seeing at least one.

I was at Half Price Books this weekend, and saw a book on Pitt. In the entire photo section, I saw exactly ONE greek t-shirt - Pika. I did recognize a couple other greeks, even though they weren't wearing a t-shirt or such.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:05 PM
GreekChat Member

I was in Palm Springs & saw some girls w/the letter shorts for Delta Gamma.

They were nice & talked to me for a long time by the pool of the hotel. I didn't meet any SK sisters but it was nice nonetheless to meet some fellow Greeks.

EDIT: They were DG's from some school in Texas (I think).
Old 03-24-2005, 10:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AGDsquirrell414
I was watching MTV Spring Break Boiling Points the other day and I saw two SAE's and a Phi Delta Theta...it was great to see letters!
Old 03-25-2005, 11:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ZetaPhi708
Six Flags Over Georgia

I am heading to Atlanta this weekend for an American Coaster Enthusiasts Event there and will def. wear my letters to the park and also keep an eye out for any other GLO letters in the park and give a report on Sunday or Monday.

RR
Old 03-27-2005, 03:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to ZetaPhi708
trip report

well, did not see ANY letters in the park on Saturday tho did see one Alpha Kappa Alpha car tag and one of the ladies in our group is a Sigma Kappa
Old 03-27-2005, 07:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
I think I've mentioned this in the thread before, but I live in a pretty small town where you don't *see* a lot of GLO representation.

Having said that (again ), today I followed a car with an Alpha Xi Delta license plate frame out of town
Old 03-27-2005, 07:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Was watching the movie "Supersize Me" on Showtime last night and the the filmmaker Morgan Spurlock, has a fraternity paddle on his office wall. I couldn't make out the 4 letters on it, but I think they were Iota Tau Psi Upsilon.
Old 03-27-2005, 07:51 PM
ADPiZXalum

I was on my way to Barton Creek Mall in Austin yesterday and saw a black Tahoe go by with an ADPi sticker. I waved at the girl and she just kinda looked at me strange, I realized I didn[t have anything that would indicate I was an ADPi. Oops........
Oh, then I saw this really H-O-T hot guy IN the mall wearing an ADPi shirt. VERY NICE!
Old 03-27-2005, 07:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Driving to work....I saw a very cute black car with ASA license plate holder
Old 03-29-2005, 10:52 PM
GreekChat Member

My event management class held our author lecture series tonight to raise money and collect books to donate to the Toronto Public Library. Our theme colours were light blue and dark blue. There are two Greeks in my group including myself (the other girl is a Pi Phi), and KKG and their philanthropy, Reading is Fundemental never occured to us when we were deciding colours until tonight! I understand that the Canadian Kappa chapters' philanthropy is with Frontier College, which was actually considered for our event before we decided on the library.
Old 03-29-2005, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
One of the alumnae from my alumnae association mentioned at our meeting last week that the Alumnae Panhellenic had a speaker come in to talk to them, and learned that she was an ADPi - now we're hoping to get her involved with our association!
Old 03-29-2005, 11:53 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by ADPiZXalum
I was on my way to Barton Creek Mall in Austin yesterday and saw a black Tahoe go by with an ADPi sticker. I waved at the girl and she just kinda looked at me strange, I realized I didn[t have anything that would indicate I was an ADPi. Oops........
Oh, then I saw this really H-O-T hot guy IN the mall wearing an ADPi shirt. VERY NICE!
That's why I've done the two fingered > thing against the window to another sister. They seem to get that!
Old 03-30-2005, 01:06 AM
GreekChat Member

I went to visit my husband this last weekend (we're living apart while he finishes school...) and while up there saw an AOPi sticker (not unusual to see around) and a KKPsi one. My dear husband was so excited. He never gets to see his letters around. We never did figure out who the person was....