GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Chapter Operations

Chapter Operations Share plans, ideas, and brainstorm problems related to chapter operations. Topics also include parliamentary procedure, national programs, innovations & etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,351
3 members and 1,348 guests
John, Sarak24034, UofISigKap

Old 07-25-2001, 09:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb Reactivating Fraternity

Our fraternity went inactive in 1972 with nearly 50 years of service to our college and the community. As an alumnus I, along with active Brothers from our other two chapters, are looking to reactivate our Fraternity. I met with the Director of Student Life on Campus. I have to work with the Inter-Greek Association on campus, and gain acceptance to it by meeting a list of prerequisites in order to reactivate. Additionally, we have a website, and I'm starting an Alumni Association soon to let everyone know of our intentions. We actually have to start anew. Basically, we have loads of history, but it's not recent. We need numbers on campus to get started. Have any of you been in the same situation before? I have some ideas, any suggestions from you sister and brother Greeks out there! Thanks. Frank, Fall'69
Old 07-26-2001, 05:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Frank, you did not list the school, but if you have a strong National and is strong in your region that helps!
Also, there are a lot of young people as I did, who feel it would mean more to them to be part of something new!
At our 35 th # 2 was keynote speaker and one of the things he ephasized was he did not want to join one of the current houses. But when I came to him as a pool playing buddy, he found he could latched onto something that He could help BUILD not just a part of!
This may be a great selling point!
I know my house is having problems as we have a Grand Old Dame of a house but we need a new one!
This will be the hook or selling point, that the new guys will be a part of that!
I Guess the Hook is the key! Of course a major International is also a great selling point!

------------------
Tom Earp LX Z#1
Pittsburg State U. (Kansas)
Old 07-26-2001, 05:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

Hi Tom,

Thanks for the response and your good advice. Our school is Buffalo State College in Buffalo, NY. Our other two chapters are in the State University of NY System.
There are approximately 25 Greek organizations on campus. The idea of selling something "new" that's part of Buffalo State's "old" tradition seems viable. We did have a "house" but basically it was a rented. I know that if we had our own house, we would have still been active. We have a large commuter population, but many adequate dorms. Anymore ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for your help. Frank F. Alumnus, Buffalo State College F'69 PC
Old 08-08-2001, 11:35 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Frank,

Hello fellow Bengals. I graduated from Buffalo State in 99. Wondering what you think about Coach Boyle resignation this year? Good luck in your endevor.

Arya

[This message has been edited by Arya (edited August 08, 2001).]
Old 08-08-2001, 03:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
A fraternity is colonizing on our campus very shortly. They sent out letters to all the sororities complete with many response cards. These letters asked us to recommend any men who were not currently in fraternities who might want to be a part of something new.

I have absolutely no idea what kind of responses they got.
Old 08-25-2001, 03:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Hi Arya,

Hello fellow Bengal. Thanks for the best wishes. Coach Boyce's departure from Buff State is definitely sad. I'm not sure who is his replacement. I hope that Bengals Football will be as good as it was with him in charge. Regardless, I'm sure we'll continue to cheer for the orange and black. Take care. Frank Filippetti Alumnus, Psi Phi Beta Fraternity, Buffalo State, SUNY

Quote:
Originally posted by Arya
Frank,

Hello fellow Bengals. I graduated from Buffalo State in 99. Wondering what you think about Coach Boyle resignation this year? Good luck in your endevor.

Arya

[This message has been edited by Arya (edited August 08, 2001).]
Old 08-25-2001, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

Hi DeltaBetaBaby,

Thanks for the idea. We're in the very early stages of reactivation, with much work to do. Every idea from my fellow Greeks is greatly appreciated.
I like the idea of presenting the idea as "something new". Take care and pls let me know how many responses they received. Fraternally, Frank Filippetti, Alumnus, Psi Phi Beta Fraternity, Buffalo State, SUNY

Quote:
Originally posted by DeltaBetaBaby
A fraternity is colonizing on our campus very shortly. They sent out letters to all the sororities complete with many response cards. These letters asked us to recommend any men who were not currently in fraternities who might want to be a part of something new.

I have absolutely no idea what kind of responses they got.