GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,204
1 members and 1,203 guests
JayhawkAOII

Old 07-20-2007, 01:04 AM
GreekChat Member

My Recruitment Story

i decided i didn't feel comfortable sharing my story, as it was obvious everybody knew which school i was talking about. i'm sorry for the deletion, but i promise it wasn't an interesting story!

Last edited by Happy120; 07-20-2007 at 09:14 PM. Reason: deleted recruitment thread
Old 07-20-2007, 01:59 AM

I agree with the above post. Make friends with some of the newer girls. For example, I didn't really click with my pledge class (we were all just kind of different), but my Little (who pledged in fall 2006) is one of my best friends. I also really bonded with some of the upperclassmen who pledged with her.

Lakers Nation.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Living in the house may help to change that disconnected feeling too since you're going to be living with a large number of your sorority sisters. I agree with everyone about making friends with the newer pledge classes. By the sounds of it, (and I could be totally off-base here, so feel free to correct me) you've just finished your new member period and been initiated this past semester? From personal experience, many girls feel the way you do right now, particularly if they didn't really "click" with their pledge class. Will your chapter be taking another pledge class this fall? Or waiting until formal in the spring? If there is will be a fall pledge class, this is a great time for you to help recruit and to get involved!!! Is there a woman that you know (especially since you're an upperclassman) that would be a great addition to the chapter? Someone you really click with? I would recommend thinking of someone (or several someones) and inviting them to fall recruitment if you're doing it or spring recruitment otherwise... also, remember that in any new pledge class, there are going to woman who are in the same place you are/were. Those woman really need a sister to reach out and help them find their fit in the chapter...
Old 07-20-2007, 10:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Happy, Your school is where I went to college back in the eighties. I know how hard it can be there, and not only during rush. I'm sure it hasn't changed that much, and it breaks my heart to hear your story.

I hope this makes you fell better - I truly didn't feel "connected" to all of my sisters right off the bat. I could see that some "Susie Sorority" types in my pledge class seemed to eat, drink and live sorority life, and I kind of felt like something was wrong with me because I didn't.

I can honestly tell you that after my year of living in the house all of that changed; I made lifelong friends who I still keep in touch with. We have been in each other's weddings, celebrated the births of our kids, and commiserated when tough things came our way.

Give your house a chance. Try to bond with your housemates, you will have tons of shared experiences that you will remember all your life!

I hope so much that it turns around for you and that you have a great year in the house
Old 07-20-2007, 09:17 PM
GreekChat Member

thank you everybody for the kind thoughts. it didn't even cross my mind that there WOULD be new girls coming in, but i agree that it will probably change the dynamic.

i ended up deleting my post, as it turns out i wasn't so discreet about my school. i just didn't want to be insulting to any of the chapters on my campus, even though i did not specifically say chapter names.