GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,591
1 members and 1,590 guests
Sen's Revenge

Old 05-01-2018, 07:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Fort Valley State AKA advisor allegedly pimps out new members

To cover membership fees.
https://nypost.com/2018/05/01/sorori...pledging-fees/

Longer article here:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.cf00ebde00a7

Last edited by ChioLu; 05-01-2018 at 07:42 PM.
Old 05-02-2018, 09:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChioLu View Post
I really hope this isn't true.

Her lawyer's argument is a little weak, though. He focused more on the potential actions of members than those of his client's.

Quote:
The attorney slammed allegations that his client lured newly initiated sisters into prostitution as “incredulous.”

“I mean, I know people want to be in a sorority,” he said. “I got that part. I just don’t think you’re going to sell your body. Plus, it’s inconsistent with the reputation of Alpha Kappa Alpha.”

@~/~~~~
Old 05-02-2018, 01:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
I really hope this isn't true.

Her lawyer's argument is a little weak, though. He focused more on the potential actions of members than those of his client's.
I think it's a good argument to make if there's something to it. If these women decided to sell themselves to pay their dues, and this was just something that initiate class (all these years on GC and I don't have the right word for this) cooked up on their own, the state has no case.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 05-02-2018, 02:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
I think it's a good argument to make if there's something to it. If these women decided to sell themselves to pay their dues, and this was just something that initiate class (all these years on GC and I don't have the right word for this) cooked up on their own, the state has no case.
But he didn't say they "cooked it up on their own". He said there's no way they would do this because while people are desperate to join a sorority, they couldn't possibly be THAT desperate. He's implying that his client didn't do this because there would be no willing participants and AKAs would be above this kind of behavior.

We know from past experience and incidents (involving all Greek orgs) that this may not be the case.

@~/~~~~