GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,559
1 members and 2,558 guests
FlorCundif

Old 11-21-2012, 11:04 AM
GreekChat Member

I never admonished it for its age. I admonished it for behaving the way it does at its advanced age. I think you are supposed to be more mature at some point and I keep trying to picture my momma doing the things it does. I just can't imagine it in real life.

I do know the real definition of irony too. Like when it admonished me for having my user name because it makes it think I am elitist after it spent all its time focused on being mean and negative about Ms. Titchou's chapter. I think that is being a hypocritical bully.

I hope everyone has a wonderful turkey day that is filled with yumminess and love!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-21-2012, 11:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
Ain't this the truth! I'm not sure AOII Angel and I ever had a civil word for each other until Hart came along. So when I received a PM from her, I was a little slow to open it. But what a sweet message it was offering Panhellenic support in light of Hart's comments about my chapter of initiation.
Well, I guess nothing unites people like a common enemy.

But since you brought it up...

I sent the mother that you were battering on that thread a supportive PM. She sent me several too.

Not surprisingly, the posters piling on this thread are many of the same ones who were piling on and ridiculing the mother on that thread:

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...=128821&page=4
Old 11-21-2012, 11:39 AM
GreekChat Member

And it was closed because of you...
Old 11-21-2012, 11:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
The way you could have handled this discussion on JL is to discuss YOUR experience in JL rather than discount others stories as simply negative propaganda. Just as in Greek Life, negative stories are often well deserved. You and the Junior League would have been better served by this discussion than the defensive ugliness that we just saw. THAT'S how GC is supposed to work.
You quoted and responded to me, not the other way around, to inject that the JL was mean to your friend. You then became emotional over my analogy. And there are quite a few points that are analogous to Greek discussions here. Imagine if I had suggested that in a group so large, surely she could find some people to ‘click’ with … advice that is routinely passed out here.

A number of you practically push one another out of the way to correct inaccurate minutia on this forum – but melt down and argue ad nauseam if anyone comments on yours.

There was no disrespect intended toward your GLO in linking the thread about AOIIs in Junior League – there is nothing inflammatory on that thread regarding your GLO or JL whatsoever.

On the other hand, you pull your GLO into everything dramatic and contentious you post – it’s your username. How is your GLO "better served" by "defensive ugliness?"
Old 11-21-2012, 11:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
And it was closed because of you...
Oh I don't expect you to agree with me on who was the 'victim' of that thread. I linked it above, and folks can judge for themselves.

And by all means, read the last page, just before it was closed.
Old 11-21-2012, 11:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
I can't lock the thread, but how about we all just cool it for a few hours?
Old 11-21-2012, 12:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaBetaBaby View Post
I can't lock the thread, but how about we all just cool it for a few hours?
Sounds good to me.

Happy Thanksgiving.
Old 11-21-2012, 12:15 PM

I think Titchou and I do basically agree on things actually, we just might disagree about the way of putting them across (if that makes any sense). No, the real amazement in this thread is the fact that NBH and I did a two-part joke.

Does anyone else smell azure you-know-what?
Old 11-21-2012, 12:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartofsec View Post
You quoted and responded to me, not the other way around, to inject that the JL was mean to your friend. You then became emotional over my analogy. And there are quite a few points that are analogous to Greek discussions here. Imagine if I had suggested that in a group so large, surely she could find some people to ‘click’ with … advice that is routinely passed out here.

A number of you practically push one another out of the way to correct inaccurate minutia on this forum – but melt down and argue ad nauseam if anyone comments on yours.

There was no disrespect intended toward your GLO in linking the thread about AOIIs in Junior League – there is nothing inflammatory on that thread regarding your GLO or JL whatsoever.

On the other hand, you pull your GLO into everything dramatic and contentious you post – it’s your username. How is your GLO "better served" by "defensive ugliness?"
The only dramatic things I post on GC seem to involve you. Isn't that odd? Most GC'ers seem to think I'm fairly benign and easy going, dare I say nice. I having stated my affiliation, unlike you, will stand by my behavior on GC. Other AOIIs know who I am, and I am known Internationally in AOII. Trust me, I behave in accordance with the ritual and teachings of AOII. It must be nice to hide behind the anonymity of only your school. Keep believing you are some innocent in all of these threads. That post was not innocent, and linking the AOIIs in JL thread wasn't meant to be nice and you know it. Your tone is anything but nice.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 11-21-2012, 02:12 PM
GreekChat Member

1) Re: "battering". There are several of us who recall the exact sequences and contents of posts in the threads in question, and that interpretation is not at all consistent with what happened. Perception does not always equal reality. See my post upthread re: feelings are not facts.

2) If you guys think the JL is elitist, well, anyone in Tucson can join here. Seriously. They let anyone in. They are too busy with their projects to worry about what zip code you live in, or any of that other nonsense. There are other, much more exclusive organizations here. JL is not that way.

3) I am a little annoyed that you guys are having caramel popcorn and wine and all of a sudden I am out in the cold. Why was I not invited or included? I am, after all, the most Panhellenic-spirited poster on GreekChat. And, I bake. Did I get put in the corner and no one told me? My feelings are seriously hurt, my knickers are in a twist, I popped my pearls, boo-bucking-hoo.

4) What is your GLO, Hartofsec? I know it can't possibly be Chi Omega or Alpha Delta Pi because their published creeds sure don't reflect in your posts. I've taken the time to read up on almost every NPC's published creed or symphony or values or mission statement; this month I am celebrating a different NPC GLO every day on my FB page. I have learned a lot about the other 25 sororities (and, after I finish with the NPC, I'm doing the NPHC. And then I'll take requests for any other GLOs).

5) 33 - I caught the NBH thing, my jaw still hurts from hitting the floor. AAMOF this entire thread is just one big jaw-drop, and it's all because Mercury is in retrograde. And don't be calling up she who shall not be named, please.

6) If this thread gets locked after I post, or there are no more posts, then I know it is true: my power to kill threads is intact.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity

Last edited by AZTheta; 11-21-2012 at 03:32 PM.
Old 11-21-2012, 02:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzTheta View Post
3) I am a little annoyed that you guys are having caramel popcorn and wine and all of a sudden I am out in the cold. Why was I not invited or included? I am, after all, the most Panhellenic-spirited poster on GreekChat. And, I bake. Did I get put in the corner and no one told me? My feelings are seriously hurt, my knickers are in a twist, I popped my pearls, boo-bucking-hoo.
Nobody puts AzTheta in a corner!
Old 11-21-2012, 02:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I carried a watermelon.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 11-21-2012, 02:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I'll pay to have the pearls restrung. We didn't mean to hurt your feelings by not inviting you. You are always welcome at our "watch parties!"
Old 11-21-2012, 03:05 PM
GreekChat Member

What would Mrs. Garrett do?

Old 11-21-2012, 03:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay, Titchou. *sniff, sniff* I guess I'll quit with the pout. I thought I was your favorite; next thing I know I'm getting cast aside for some AOII chica.

Mrs. Garrett is scaring me, anyway. I think something is living in that hair. It's moving. *shudder*