GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Delta Pi
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,209
1 members and 2,208 guests
No Members online

Old 01-22-2010, 01:29 PM
GreekChat Member

1. Texas Christian University
2. Gamma Chi
3. Alumna
4. ME & Social Advisor - Current for Pi Chapter
5. I walked into the house and the first person I talked to was so excited to meet me. It was the first house that I felt welcome. My whole Diamond family rushed me for the entire week, but they had already sealed the deal on the first day.
6. Way too many to narrow it down to one. But a recent one was when I got to officiate the wedding of one of my best friends and sister! Oh and being SO proud the the accoplishments that my home chapter has made in the last few years! Keep it up ladies.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-25-2010, 07:29 AM
GreekChat Member

1. Oklahoma State University -- Go Pokes!

2. Chapter-- Alpha Omicron

3. Alumnae--took early Pi status in 2004 for Active Duty military service (Army).

4.Activities-- Freshman Follies, ZBT Sweetheart

5.I joined because: I really bonded well with girls who turned out to be my "family".

6. My favorite memory would definetly be winning the house decoration competition with the Phi Taus at the biggest homecoming in the nation! This is a HUGE ACCOMPLISHMENT--and truly a bonding experience!
Old 03-25-2010, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome, welcome to mtcu and BlueStarADP! Hope your GC experience is fun.

Take a moment to read the stickies (actually, in most Forums), and life will be easier. We're all so happy to see you here!
Old 04-27-2010, 12:36 AM
GreekChat Member

U. Memphis
Gamma Eta
Alumnae-1991
Recruitment, Lambda Chi Alpha Sweetheart, Panhellenic represenative, Orientation represenative
It is where I found my 2nd family!
The best parties on campus hehe and forming such strong bonds that my great grandlil was in my wedding!
Old 07-21-2010, 07:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Purdue University
Gamma Epsilon
Alumnae
Recommendation Chair, I also was involved as an Alum while I was living in CA.
I really wanted to be in a sorority and ADPi was my legacy chapter
My favorite memory was the night I got engaged, it was before a Western themed dance and at the dance they announced there was to be a pinning circle. even though I told no one in the chapter, I figured that my boyfriend/fiance had mentioned it to someone so they would have the candle at the dance. Needless to say when the candle came around to me I blew it out,HOWEVER it wasn't for me and another girl had also gotten engaged and had made arrangements for the candle to be there. Boy was my face red! I have been married to boyfriend/fiance for 23 years.
Old 07-21-2010, 09:02 PM
Super Moderator

^Oh, that is too cute! Congratulations on 23 years - and a cute screen name!
Old 08-05-2010, 01:22 PM
GreekChat Member

1. College or University
2. ADPi Chapter
3. Collegian or Alumnae
4. ADPi and Panhelleic positions held
5. Why you joined ADPi
6. Favorite ADPi memory

1. Lamar University

2. Delta Beta

3. Collegian

4. None, so far.

5. I had made a goal for myself to meet people during college & have more friends, unlike my high school years. Going into college, I never wanted to join a sorority. Once formal recruitment passed, I met girls from other sororites & began to rush just this past spring.

6. I'd have to say the day I got a call informing me that ADPi wanted to extend a bid to me & I was so excited once I got off the phone, that I started screaming & my roommate had to come check on me! :].
Old 08-07-2010, 05:59 PM
GreekChat Member

1. University of Montevallo

2. Zeta Delta

3. Collegian

4. None, yet

5. I was an Independent my freshman year and lived on the ADPi cross hall all year. While I was living there I got to know most of the girls living on the hall and just fell in love with them. I went through formal recruitment the fall of my sophomore year.

6. My favorite memory thus far has been just jamming out with my sisters in the car. I can always be my (very corny) self
Old 11-01-2010, 11:38 PM
GreekChat Member

1. University of Pittsburgh
2. Alpha Iota
3. Alumna
4. Rush Chairman, Panhellenic Delegate & President in ADPi and Panhellenic Secretary
5. My mother was an ADPi and made me promise to at least rush. I didn't want to, but on the very first day, realized that I wanted to be an ADPi. I loved the sisters, and I have to admit, I thought they had the nicest suite. It's embarrassing to admit that I was so shallow.
6. A couple really stand out: being initiated with my mother there (and getting to use her opal pin), and spending the summer waitressing at the shore with some other sisters. Most of the sorority/fraternity people seemed to stick together and that's how I got my nickname, from playing poker using sand dollars as chips! There's so many more memories, though.

honeychile, I see you're also an AI. Were you at the homecoming brunch on Sunday? I saw two redheads in the elevator hallway and heard greek chat mentioned. If so, I think I know you, but you came after me.
Old 11-02-2010, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand$blue View Post

honeychile, I see you're also an AI. Were you at the homecoming brunch on Sunday? I saw two redheads in the elevator hallway and heard greek chat mentioned. If so, I think I know you, but you came after me.
Hmmm! I was in the elevator hallway for a while with an active & Pam Lewis, and we're both redheads. I saw someone watching us from the informal side who looked more like an alum - was that you? PM me!

And welcome to GreekChat!
Old 01-14-2011, 07:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm posting on this thread again because my deets have changed and I haven't been around in a while.

1. University of Kansas
2. Tau (our 100th anniversary is next year!)
3. Alumna
4. I think subconsciously I sensed that ADPi was a chapter on the rise at my school and I wanted to be part of that.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:34 PM
GreekChat Member

1. University of British Columbia
2. Beta Kappa Chapter
3. collegian
2. Formal recruitment for panhell
5. All the girls were so wonderful from the moment I walked into the room and very ernest. We had tons of things to talk about and I just got the vibe that it was the right place for me
6. I'm only first year and theres already so many. I'd say one of the top was for my birthday which was on the day of our chapter meeting my diamond sister brought out a cake right after and the whole chapter sang to me, shared the cake and then we all headed out together to celebrate. Best 19th I could have asked for
Old 06-26-2011, 02:30 PM
GreekChat Member

1. Austin Peay State University
2. Eta Gamma Chapter
3. Collegian
4. NMC
5. My home is five hours away from school and I was looking for a way to make a family there and ADPi was the right home for me!
6. The day I got my first nickname ever and going to DLC in Asheville! I'm only a sophomore now so I'm really looking forward to the rest of my life as an ADPi!! <>
Old 08-13-2011, 01:38 AM
GreekChat Member

As of right now I'm still an active so I'm going to refrain from posting my university and collegiate chapter. Someone could probably dig it up somehow, but I'd like to remain fairly anonymous because you never know who's reading. Though I do apologize - despite wanting to remain anonymous, I'm a scandal-free and a pretty boring forum poster.
1. College or University
2. ADPi Chapter
3. Collegian.
4. Currently none within ADPi or Panhel, but I hold several offices in other school clubs.
5. I walked to the room on the first day and the first girl I spoke to had a very similar style to me. We had none of the same interests, yet we were nearly the same. With the exception of one girl, the conversations were great. The one girl who I thought disliked me turned out to be one of the most supportive sisters during my time as an Alpha.
There were a few sororities I really liked, one I didn't like at all, but Alpha Delta Pi was the one.
6. Diamond sister reveal and the celebratory dinner after. The various sisterhood sleepovers/movie nights are up there in favorites, too!
Old 08-20-2011, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

I already answered this awhile ago, but wanted to say, I'm BACK! Miss me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CougADPi View Post
1. College or University: Washington State University

2. ADPi Chapter: Upsilon

3. Collegian or Alumnae: Alumna

4. ADPi and Panhelleic positions held: Scholarship Chair , Pride Leader

5. Why you joined ADPi: My freshman year roommate joined and I saw how much she opened up and enjoyed college, so when I was recruited through COR, I gladly accepted.

6. Favorite ADPi memory: Going to WSU football games and cheering on the Cougs, as well as our sisters in the Marching Band.