GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Zeta > Zeta Tau Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,466
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Angelow
» Online Users: 2,296
1 members and 2,295 guests
zalusyandexto90

Old 04-07-2003, 10:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ZTABullwinkle
Thumbs up ZTA Expansion at CNU (maybe?)

They made an announcement at VA Zeta Day that there was a meeting on April 8th at Christopher Newport University (in Newport News, VA) about possibly expanding to their campus. So keep your fingers crossed that all goes well tomorrow at the meeting.

I am excited for us that there may be another chapter in Virginia.

Zeta love,
Meredith \^^^/

"Even in our sleep, pain which cannot forget, falls drop by drop upon our hearts. Until against our will comes the wisdom of God."
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-25-2005, 02:07 PM

Here's the info from the ZTA website about the colonization at Christopher Newport University:

Zeta Tau Alpha will hold colonization events for a brand new ZTA chapter at Christopher Newport University in Newport News, Virginia. The Colonization Recruitment process will be very similar to the events planned for Duke University with the Traveling Leadership Consultants arriving on campus on Sunday Feb. 6th. Infoviews will begin on Sunday evening Feb. 20th with recruitment parties running from Monday – Wednesday Feb. 21-23rd. Additional information about our CNU Colonization can be obtained by emailing ztaextension@zetataualpha.org or calling the Greek Life Office at 757-594-7260.

If anyone is involved in the colonization, keep us posted!
Old 01-28-2005, 07:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GMUBunny Send a message via Yahoo to GMUBunny
I was contacted to attend the expansion meeting at CNU in November, and went. Unfortunately, that was the last time I heard anything about it. Deb Ensor got everyone's email addresses and phone numbers, but I have not received anything in my inbox, my home mailbox, or on my phone about the expansion. I've talked to Meredith several times about it, and she hasn't heard anything either. As soon as I find something out, I'll let everyone know. It looked to be a promising venture in November with such a strong alumnae base. Hopefully we can get this off the ground

Proud mommy of Tiernan Vincent 8-8-05 and Gwendolyn Iona 12-13-07!
Old 02-03-2005, 02:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Sorry to crash, but I am an alumna and May 04 grad from CNU who just visited for the last wknd of formal recruitment.

I was told by my sisters there that ZTA would begin the colonization process the Monday after Bid Day, January 31.

As far as I was told, ZTA spoke during kick off night and two reps were present during bid day.

Just some stats from recruitment, 85 women signed up (65% of the freshman class is on academic probation following fall grades) and quota was 18 for the 4 current chapters. Currently the chapters on campus are Alpha Phi, Phi Mu, Gamma Phi Beta, and Alpha Sigma Alpha (who colonized in Fall 2003 and chartered in Spring 2004).

Edited to add: Total for the campus is 50 women, but may be raised next fall, according to Panhellenic rumors.
Old 02-03-2005, 03:56 PM
GreekChat Member

You're not crashing! Everyone's welcome here!

Thank you for the update on recruitment at CNU. I know there were plans for us to be visible during the events for the other chapters on campus, and then the alumnae would start a media blitz to kick off our recruitment process. It just stinks that none of us has been contacted after putting in the effort to give ideas and help launch this thing in the first place. It also stinks that such a large portion of the freshman class is on probation

If you hear anything else, please post and keep us informed. Thanks!

Old 02-11-2005, 05:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I sent an email to IO last Friday, but haven't heard anything back from them. I may contact the Distrtict President. I am sort of frustrated that I have had no one contact me back.

"Even in our sleep, pain which cannot forget, falls drop by drop upon our hearts. Until against our will comes the wisdom of God."
Old 02-23-2005, 10:12 AM

I think either today or tomorrow is Bid Day. Let us know if you have any info!
Old 02-23-2005, 07:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Haven't heard anything. I finally got some information from Peggy Thornton. So, if I hear anything more, I will pass it on. Right now....nothing new to report.

Old 04-18-2005, 11:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jterpgirl99
Cool CNU

Hey everyone! Just wanted to let you know that CNU is not only having a new member class but they are initiating about 60 girls this Friday (4/22) and having their chapter installation Saturday (4/23) so according to the previous notes, they are above total! I am lucky enough to be an alum big sis to three of these amazing girls and they are thrilled to be joining ZTA!
Old 04-19-2005, 01:27 PM

Re: CNU

Quote:
Originally posted by jterpgirl99
Hey everyone! Just wanted to let you know that CNU is not only having a new member class but they are initiating about 60 girls this Friday (4/22) and having their chapter installation Saturday (4/23) so according to the previous notes, they are above total! I am lucky enough to be an alum big sis to three of these amazing girls and they are thrilled to be joining ZTA!
I'm so glad to hear that our colony was a success and they will become a chapter this weekend! Go ZTA!
Old 04-19-2005, 05:08 PM
GreekChat Member

WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!! It's about time we got some good news about this! I just wish I could be there this weekend to see it all fall into place. If anyone from around here gets to go, let me know how it turns out. I'll be in NY for the weekend.

Old 04-19-2005, 06:27 PM
GreekChat Member

I am still trying to decide if I am going. I want to meet my new sisters, but have no desire to run into some of the EC from my chapter who are performing the initiation.

I will let you know if I go...