GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,330
2 members and 1,328 guests
indygphib

Old 03-04-2012, 12:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Husband's grandfather passed away Thursday afternoon. A local funeral home prepared the body and agreed to handle transport from Atlanta to Omaha for the funeral. My in-laws left to drive to Omaha Friday afternoon. They went to the funeral home in Omaha last night to make arrangements last night and discovered that the remains were still in Atlanta! The local funeral home here in Georgia "forgot" to transport the deceased. In-laws are NOT happy.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-04-2012, 03:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xidelt View Post
Husband's grandfather passed away Thursday afternoon. A local funeral home prepared the body and agreed to handle transport from Atlanta to Omaha for the funeral. My in-laws left to drive to Omaha Friday afternoon. They went to the funeral home in Omaha last night to make arrangements last night and discovered that the remains were still in Atlanta! The local funeral home here in Georgia "forgot" to transport the deceased. In-laws are NOT happy.
Well, that's just horrifying. So sorry for your family.
Old 03-04-2012, 04:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xidelt View Post
That truly is horrifying. I hope they are making it right ASAP.
Old 03-04-2012, 08:30 PM
GreekChat Member

i forgot my badge at school. i cant wear it tomorrow for badge day
Old 03-04-2012, 09:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
I may have posted this thought, but it occurred to me again today... if someone had told me 10, 20 or 30 years ago that when I was in my mid-40s I would be sitting at home on a Saturday night doing homework, I'd have told them they were crazy. We never really know where life is going to take us, do we?
DUDE. This morning, I was standing outside thinking "How did my life get to this point?" Then I remembered I ask myself that question at least 3 times a week. It's not entirely bad just so many expected twists have happened.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 03-04-2012, 09:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Dear In Laws:

Unless you are planning to pay our little guy's preschool, you don't get to help pick the school. We made our choice, we're happy with it, Mikey enjoyed the day he spent there, the check has been cashed...it's a done deal.

Thanks.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap View Post
I wanted to post an update to one of the most heartbreaking stories to come out of yesterday's tornadoes. The toddler I referred to in an earlier post is not doing well after all, she is in critical condition and she is the sole member left in her immediate family. She is going to need a lot of prayers and positive thoughts.

http://www.wave3.com/story/17072528/...ily-in-tornado
Angel was removed from life support and died earlier today. http://www.cnn.com/2012/03/04/us/ind...ion=cnn_latest

Old 03-05-2012, 12:40 AM
GreekChat Member

SOOOOOOOO super fun fact!

The "PAUL" tattoo on Kid Rock's arm is actually dedicated to one of my chapter Brothers and Kid Rock's cousin, Paul Francis. When Paul died, the Brothers from my chapter who attended the funeral met Kid Rock (Robert Ritchie at the time) b/c he was playing guitar there. They hung out for a while and got to know each other. Eventually, the Brothers from my chapter got Σ Φ Ε tattooed on their ankles and Kid Rock got "PAUL" on his arm.

Cool little connection there!
Old 03-05-2012, 01:10 AM
GreekChat Member

We're All Gonna Die

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/320607

The Mayans must have been off by two months...

Quote:
Scientists are predicting that the asteroid 2012 DA14 has a good chance of colliding with Earth in eleven months. Watch the skies in February 2013!
According to RT, NASA has confirmed that the 60 meter (or 197 feet) asteroid, which was spotted by Spanish stargazers in February this year, has a good chance of colliding with earth.
The scientists suggest confronting this asteroid with either big guns or, more strangely, with paint. The problem with either option is that there is no time to build a spaceship for the operation.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:21 PM
GreekChat Member

From a friend of mine who went thru break up blues...it was very on point (for their situation anyways) and it may help someone going thru a bad bust up:

Don't blame yourself. If you live long enough (not that long), someone is going to hurt you whether it's directly or through inconsiderate choices made. You're going to have moments where you wonder if there was something you could have done differently or what you could have possibly done to push the other party to pull something so heinous. Most of the time, these things have NOTHING to do with you. Here's the hard truth: some people are just selfish. It's an unavoidable truth. Somewhere along the way, that person decided your feelings were an acceptable casualty. This is why they don't deserve one more minute of your self doubt and remorse. As long as you're always the best YOU you can possibly be, you'll never have a reason to second guess yourself. Let the truth of what happened be enough to settle you. Otherwise, the questions unanswered will continue to haunt you. The only thing that you should ever allow to consume you is living in the present and fighting for the future. Happy Monday!!!
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 03-05-2012, 01:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiKA2001 View Post
http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/320607

The Mayans must have been off by two months...
While a 60 meter asteroid would probably do a lot of damage, it won't be world destroying.
Old 03-05-2012, 02:03 PM
GreekChat Member

This is a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. And it's not even lunchtime yet.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
This is a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. And it's not even lunchtime yet.

Old 03-05-2012, 02:38 PM
GreekChat Member

These Kroger hot wings are going to make me fat. I keep eating them

Old 03-05-2012, 05:47 PM
GreekChat Member

My grandma was just admitted to the hospital.
She lives on her own and has fallen before but this time she really couldn't get up and was on the floor for almost a day before the housekeeper found her. She couldn't reach the phone and refuses to wear an alarm.
She had a dislocated shoulder, was dehydrated and disoriented.
Hope she's OK! She's 89 and hasn't really had any issues before besides bronchitis.