GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,261
2 members and 2,259 guests
No Members online

Old 02-24-2015, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes

Yes an officer can check membership but I am not an officer. Of course I could verify with an alumnae chapter but she is not active. oh well.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-24-2015, 09:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Perhaps, given that you've said she's "at your throat" and in general giving you a difficult time, you should let this go. Focus on your employment, etc - and be civil/cordial/whatever, but just cut her a wide berth. That may be your best choice at the present time. Eventually she'll get found out.
Old 02-24-2015, 09:56 PM
GreekChat Member

With us it doesn't matter if they are active. If they were initiated and haven't been expelled nor resigned, they are in the database. It does show if they've paid dues but if they haven't, that doesn't matter. They are still members so they still show up
Old 02-25-2015, 10:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titchou View Post
With us it doesn't matter if they are active. If they were initiated and haven't been expelled nor resigned, they are in the database. It does show if they've paid dues but if they haven't, that doesn't matter. They are still members so they still show up
I think she's saying that officers can check anyone, but that her sorority's policy is that the officers who can check don't share that info with others. Since she's not an officer and doesn't have that ability, her other option would be to check with the perp's alumnae chapter if she claimed to be active in one to see if she really is, but since she's not claiming to an active member of an alumnae chapter, then there's no alumnae chapter to check with.

Deidrapsych, I think AZTheta's advice may the best at this point. I think it's safe to assume that if she is a perp, then sooner or later she will be found out.
Old 02-25-2015, 01:02 PM
GreekChat Member

The more you share the more you sound like a perp trying to figure out how to avoid getting busted.

If you're really a 20 year member you should know how to find out this information and calling the National Office is not the way. I'm not a member and know how to get this forwarded and confirmed.

Please don't set yourself (or your "friend") up thinking that only officers can out you.

If your "friend" told you to come to this board that person is not your friend or is also a perp. Get some new older members to guide you before you embarrass yourself.

On the offhand chance that this applies just quit perping. The long term ramifications of this lie will follow you for the rest of your life especially now with social media. If membership was that important you should respect it enough to earn it the right way.