GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,282
0 members and 1,282 guests
No Members online

Old 10-15-2003, 09:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by TonyB06
I just finished P.G. County (didn't particularly like it). Now I'm reading Getting to the Good Part by Lolita Files.
Soror Files' books are "slap your knee funny" Enjoy!
Old 10-16-2003, 12:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by abaici
Soror Files' books are "slap your knee funny" Enjoy!
Yeah, some of the stuff she writes makes you think "dang, do women really think like that?" She can be rather "earthy" in some of her opinions on the male/female thing.

I enjoy the fact that your soror always gives a shout-out to AKA in her book dedications. Eric Jerome Dickey (my favorite fiction author) occassionally drops an A-Phi-A reference in some of his books.

...keep on readin'.
~ Luke 19:10
Old 10-16-2003, 01:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Yeah, some of the stuff she writes makes you think "dang, do women really think like that?" She can be rather "earthy" in some of her opinions on the male/female thing.

I enjoy the fact that your soror always gives a shout-out to AKA in her book dedications. Eric Jerome Dickey (my favorite fiction author) occassionally drops an A-Phi-A reference in some of his books.

...keep on readin'.
What do you mean by "earthy"?

Her characters are sorors as well. In fact, there's a scene in either GTTGP or Scenes from a Sista where our hymn is performed at a wedding. I had a case of the warm fuzzies just reading it.
Old 10-16-2003, 08:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
What do you mean by "earthy"?

For instance, when she describes Reesy's reaction to a fine man she sees; she starts talking about certain body parts "waking up" and needing him to "scratch her itch."

Guys have thought like this since the beginning of time; it's just interesting to see a woman put it down like that on paper.

...or maybe I've just led a sheltered life up until now.
Old 10-16-2003, 11:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

...or maybe I've just led a sheltered life up until now.
I think that's it!
Old 10-16-2003, 06:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Eclipse
I think that's it!
Yes, I agree. I am so shocked when I encounter men who think women do not "think" like that. It's a little funny.
Old 10-17-2003, 08:51 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Yes, I agree. I am so shocked when I encounter men who think women do not "think" like that. It's a little funny.
I know I'm setting myself up, but here's my tuition for Sistah University....teach me on this one.

OK, Abaici, what exactly is so funny about it? Doesn't if fit with the image the sistahs always put out?..."Oh, we're pure and upstanding and it's all we can do to keep you dog-minded men on the straight and narrow path."

...and then when we find out yall are down for the freaky-deaky just like us, if not more than some of us, yall get a tickle out of it?

what's up with that?
Old 10-17-2003, 09:00 AM
GreekChat Member

What I'm reading Now

I tried to read "The Bondwoman's Narrative (Hannah Crafts)", by Henry Louis Gates, Jr. but I'm having a hard time sticking with it.

Right now, I'm two books, "What Becomes of the Brokenhearted" by E. Lynn Harris and "Cover Girls" by T.D. Jakes.

Has anyone read "Diary of a Groupie" by Omar Tyree? How is it? I'm thinking about reading it next.
Old 10-17-2003, 09:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Gina1201
Re: What I'm reading Now

Quote:
Originally posted by Virtual Violet
Has anyone read "Diary of a Groupie" by Omar Tyree? How is it? I'm thinking about reading it next.
I didn't like it. In fact, I haven't liked any of his books since Flyy Girl. I am trying to read both "Getting Mother's Body" by Suzan-Lori Parks and Omar Tyree's other book under his alias The Urban Griot.

Cause even when I'm a mess
I still put on a vest
With an 'S' on my chest
Oh yes, I'm a SUPERWOMAN
Old 10-21-2003, 01:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: What I'm reading Now

Quote:
Originally posted by Gina1201
I didn't like it. In fact, I haven't liked any of his books since Flyy Girl. I am trying to read both "Getting Mother's Body" by Suzan-Lori Parks and Omar Tyree's other book under his alias The Urban Griot.
I agree with you Gina! Omar has lost mad brownie points with me because I HATED Leslie, and I didn't like a couple other of his books. I'm going to read his latest one just to support him and build my library, but his skills aren't as good as they use to be.

Currently I'm reading Sorority Girls. I don't know if I'm feeling this book yet. I would have been done if I liked it big time.
Old 10-21-2003, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Re: Re: What I'm reading Now

Quote:
Originally posted by delph998
I agree with you Gina! Omar has lost mad brownie points with me because I HATED Leslie, and I didn't like a couple other of his books. I'm going to read his latest one just to support him and build my library, but his skills aren't as good as they use to be.

Currently I'm reading Sorority Girls. I don't know if I'm feeling this book yet. I would have been done if I liked it big time.
Speaking of sorority girls,

Zane has a book out about called "The Sisters of Apf: The Indoctrination of Soror Ride Dick" I had NEVER heard of this book until I saw it in Black Expressions. It seems it was published earlier this year.

I dare ask has anyone read this!

Here is a synopsis:

From the Publisher
The Sisters of APF is Zane's first book based on one of her most popular short story subjects, the sexy escapades of a sorority like no other.

APF stands for Alpha Phi Fuckem, a sorority dedicated to sexual freedom and the fulfillment of its members. Zane's APF stories have appeared in her earlier collections, including The Sex Chronicles: Shattering the Myth, and are favorites among her readers.

Many readers have written to Zane and asked to join the sorority or to launch a new chapter in their region. APF is fantasy, but the enthusiasm of Zane's fans is real. So now, with The Sisters of APF, she's offering readers what they want, a book-length story chronicling the adventures -- and recruitment process -- of the fearlessly sexy women of APF.

Mary Ann is the daughter of a chicken farmer from South Dakota. She has never been more than fifty miles from home and has led a sheltered life. By the time she goes off to college in Washington, D.C., she has been intimate with only one man -- her high school sweetheart. The resident manager of Mary Ann's dormitory, Patricia, befriends the country bumpkin. She finds Mary Ann amusing, but also senses something intriguing about her, hidden under the surface. After Mary Ann becomes smitten with Trevor, the campus playboy, Patricia is determined to show Mary Ann how not to be a victim, but rather how to outdo the players and heartbreakers. She indoctrinates Mary Ann into the ranks of the sexiest secret society ever: the sisters of APF.
Old 10-21-2003, 01:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Gina1201
Re: Re: Re: Re: What I'm reading Now

Quote:
Originally posted by Honeykiss1974
Speaking of sorority girls,

Zane has a book out about called "The Sisters of Apf: The Indoctrination of Soror Ride Dick" I had NEVER heard of this book until I saw it in Black Expressions. It seems it was published earlier this year.

I dare ask has anyone read this!
Yes, I have read it! It was interesting, to say the least, but that's what I expect from Zane.

Cause even when I'm a mess
I still put on a vest
With an 'S' on my chest
Oh yes, I'm a SUPERWOMAN
Old 10-22-2003, 10:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up Just a Friend

I am reading He's ust a Friend by Mary Morrinson. I am really enjoying it.

Sphinxpoet
Old 10-27-2003, 02:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: My current readings....

Quote:
Originally posted by lil_sunshine
....I'll be reading Addicted and The Sex Chronicles by Zane within the next couple of weeks. I'll let y'all know what I think of both books soon.....
I read both of these books and they were very good!!!!!!! And the latter book was extremely interesting, to say the least.....
"Having a nasty attitude won't yield you the results you want when you want them; it'll just make people steer clear of you and your toxicity in order to keep from being contaminated by you and your nastiness."- Me
Old 11-04-2003, 09:20 AM
GreekChat Member

I am now reading Naughty or Nice by Eric Jerome Dickey. I just started it today!