GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Delta Pi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,369
0 members and 1,369 guests
No Members online

Old 09-05-2003, 03:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Pins...

All of my female relatives are in sororities, but not ADPis! (They're all Thetas or Pi Phis).

Anyways, my mother was asking me last week about my pin. My alpha class & I were initiated in late March but we still have not recieved our pins. My mom asked me which pin I ordered, etc., and I told her they just got our pins for us, we didn't choose anything.

Apparently she (& my grandmother/aunt/insert-female-relative's name here) all ordered which pin they wanted when they were initiated. I.E. their new member coordinator/pledgemaster had a catalog and they chose which kind of pin they wanted (jeweled, gold, whatever). When I mean "which kind" I mean which embellishment, etc. Obviously each sorority member has the same badge, design, etc.

Can you tell me about your experiences with your pin? Do you have the chance to "upgrade" your pin? Apparently it is a family tradition in my family (well actually it was a thing my mom and her sister/mom/aunt & grandmother did with their Theta pins, but they want to continue the tradition with me) for girls to get the "nice/elaborate" version of their sorority pin when they graduate college. My mom was checking ahead (or something!) so she asked me to find all of this out. Thanks!

I hope all of this makes sense!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-05-2003, 03:23 PM
GreekChat Member

In our chapter, we got the badge order sheet and were able to choose which one we wanted to order. I was initiated at the end of April, and we recieved our pins during our Spirit week (which was the second week of August)

I hope you get your pin soon!!! I love our pin and I love wearing it
Old 09-05-2003, 03:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
Blue Violets,
Like texas*princess, our chapter was able to choose which pin we wanted to order. There are a number of different variations depending onthe type of stone you'd like to have. You CAN upgrade your pin (I know many who have and eventually I'd like to do the same), plus you can order the guard to go along with it to hang dangles from (for offices held, scholarship achievements, etc). I was initiated in the middle of February 2000, and I think we got our badges pretty soon after coming back to school in the fall.

I'll try and find more info on prices and descriptions and get back to you if I do, all right?
Old 09-05-2003, 11:03 PM
Super Moderator

My understanding is that there's an order form on Pride Online, but I won't swear to it. I never realized it before GreekChat, but it seems that certain chapters have a tradition of everyone ordering the same pin, or otherwise restricting what type of pin you can order. But one of the beauties of Alpha Delta Pi is that we can each order a pin that suits us - yet that Black Diamond is what binds us together as sisters.

Among the different types are white gold or yellow gold; regular size or "miniature" (I could never see the difference!); plain border, chased border, pearl, diamond, opal, alternating pearls & jewels border or other jeweled border; jeweled points, etc, etc. And then, the same for the guard.

Another place you can occasionally find pins is on ebay. I bought a pin as a ring there (pearl border, ruby points), but one that I thought was simply stunning was an art deco type: plain border with pearl points!

I was fortunate in that my parents bought me "the pin of my choice", and also bought one off of a sister who was selling hers. It's nice to have a choice.

Hope you find the pin of your dreams!!
Old 09-06-2003, 12:36 AM
GreekChat Member

polorpi, how can you upgrade your pin? I ask cause I got a pin that I really didn't want, but my parents bought it and they couldn't afford the pin I wanted. I mean how can you upgrade cause all the information on the pin is personal information (which I seriously did not notice was on my pin until like three weeks ago). I'm a dork.

Brianna
Old 09-06-2003, 10:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Correction: Once a pin has been ordered and delivered, it cannot be upgraded to add pearls or jewels.

However-- You may choose to order a guard with your chapter designation, and officer dangles, separately from your initial pin order.

You may purchase an additional pin of your choosing at any time. If you are a legacy, you may wear your relative's pin, but you are required to purchase your own pin as well.
Old 09-07-2003, 01:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
Now, I wish this was something that was told to us correctly (re:upgrading pins). Our NMC told us that if we ever wanted to upgrade from the plain badge to ones with jewels/pearls, all we had to do was send our badge in with another order for pins, and it would be no problem....now I'm kinda upset, because I always planned on upgrading once I was out of college for a little while, since I couldn't afford anything but the basic badge when I first joined.