GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 852
1 members and 851 guests
babobygooglet93

Old 12-23-2001, 10:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by PrettyPetite
Back in elementary school, we had a grab bag gift giving activity. Basically, everyone was supposed to spend no more than ten dollars, and buy a gift to put in the bag.

I bought a Barbie doll, and a Barbie outfit as my contributing gift, so I didn't give a cheap gift. But, when it was my turn to grab, I grabbed a long tube....wanna know what was in it? Some DAMN CONFETTI...AND A CARD MADE OUT OF NOTEBOOK PAPER THAT SAID MERRY CHRISTMAS. WTF?!

Some funky gifts given in my family: I have a cousin that is about 15 years older than me. Well, one year, about ten years ago(My cuz was about 27 at the time), she gave my grandmother an atomizer....WITH NO PERFUME IN IT. Plus she left the price tag on, and we all knew she paid five dollars for it at Family Dollar or something. Needless to say, my grandma was like, "What am I gonna do with an EMPTY ATOMIZER?!" (My granny is very outspoken.) She talked about that thing until about JUNE.
Lawd you and MeezDiscreet have some funny gift giving folks. I thought my gifts were bad.
Old 12-23-2001, 10:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DELTAQTE Send a message via Yahoo to DELTAQTE
Cool speaking of grandma's

Man oh Man, you made me think about this one Christmas with my grandma.

My cousin(who is the funny one of the family) got a present for my grandma's little poodle Ni-Ni(yeah I know, ghetto )
Well it's a little shirt and my grandma is like "oh how nice for Ni-Ni!!!" Until she reads what that shirt says:

It said "Granny's number one bitch" on the front and back.

Mind you my Granny goes to church EVERY DAY!

My cousin got kicked out the house by granny and she didn't talk to him for 4 months. he kept telling her it was a joke

QTE
Old 12-23-2001, 10:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: speaking of grandma's

Quote:
Originally posted by DELTAQTE

My cousin(who is the funny one of the family) got a present for my grandma's little poodle Ni-Ni(yeah I know, ghetto )
Well it's a little shirt and my grandma is like "oh how nice for Ni-Ni!!!" Until she reads what that shirt says:

My cousin got kicked out the house by granny and she didn't talk to him for 4 months. he kept telling her it was a joke

QTE

LMAOF!!!!! Oh my!!!!

"Bound by ties of love and Sisterhood"
Old 12-24-2001, 08:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

QTE
CTHU!! Well if HE is the funny one in the family, what are you!?!?!
Old 12-24-2001, 12:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to novella000
Talking

LMAO!!!!
QTE, I would've put his butt out too.
Old 12-24-2001, 02:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Soror, lol

Shocking enough, some of my little cousins think I'm pretty lame

Let's just say I'm the "loose cannon" of the family!

QTE
Old 12-24-2001, 08:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PrettyPetite

Quote:

QTE

ROTFLMBAO!!! Pure comedy! Hahahahahahahahahahah
Old 12-26-2001, 04:47 PM
GreekChat Member

one christmas my family did polyanna and my uncle and aunt in ga. sent me a dark blue teddy and robe with champagne glasses on it. i was frickin 13 and was like "what the hell? do they know they picked me???"

ok I am in the dark, what is polyanna? like enny-meenie-miny-moe?

Just like I didn't know what goose down was till y'all told me, lol

QTE
Old 12-27-2001, 02:29 PM
GreekChat Member

I was at my family's Xmas party. They were passing out presents. My aunt gave her son a bar of soap. LOL. I couldn't beleve it. Then he turned around and said, I'll use this up in one bath--a regular bar of soap... It was POLO SPORT though. But when I bought my two little boys that, it came with some cologne in a box. We was like where is the cologne. I would never give nobody any personal items like sox-only if they were name brand.
Old 12-27-2001, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

at my last job we had a gift exchange with a max of $20...

everyone got cool stuff like bath & body works, a floating candle set....

this chick brought a *small* loaf of homemade pumpernickel that was wrapped in a red dish rag???

i know its that thought that counts, but what the hell was she thinking?
Old 12-27-2001, 03:55 PM
GreekChat Member

OK. I will never forget the worst gift of my life. Lol its so petty I feel bad for even telling this story.

In kindergarden we had to draw names for Christmas. For the name I drew, I went with my mom and we bought the coolest glass Snoopy bank - it was painted, it was awesome. I figured since I was bringing something cool, I just knew I would get something cool in return. The day arrived for our Christmas party, and I got my present - from this dude who spelled my name sahrahara (instead of sarah). I ripped open the paper...and to my surprise, I had gotten a 39 cent Jesus coloring book! I was steamed! How many colors can you even use in a religious coloring book other than brown and green?? Well there was scene...as I tried to take my snoopy bank back...anywho, parents: do not give a coloring book to your child to give as a present. it sucks. i could understand if thats all she could afford, but i highly doubt it - her parents were loaded. bah humbug
Old 01-03-2002, 01:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry Bad Gifts

This past year, I gave my Secret Santa a gift collection that was arranged in a nice handbag from Victoria Secrets, and what did I get...

A pair of pearl earrings that were valued at ? it is too embarrasing to say..

Nevertheless, I am a grateful individual but "DANG" a couple more $$$$$$$ wouldn't have hurt a bit. I appreciated them anyway.
Old 11-27-2002, 12:34 PM
GreekChat Member

HO HO HO . . . Bah Humbug
Old 11-29-2002, 12:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to yasava
Talking These stories are too funny...

Alright, I've got one.

In the 9th grade, I had a secret santa with about 7 or so "friends". We had a $5 min and a $15 max. We were to exchange gifts on our last day of school before the holiday. Guess who didn't get a gift? By process of elimination (everyone else got theirs and they were nice gifts with thought behind it), I figured out who had my name. She told she'd have it by new years. Since I'm pretty laidback, I didn't put up a fuss about it...

Fast forward a few weeks, during lunch, she gave me her gift. I was like, cool, opened that sucka up, and it was dayum keyring. It had turquoise fringes on it, and a big blue rhinestone in the middle. It was so ugly, dollar store cheap and screamed "I forgot about you twice, so here's something I got at the last minute"...it took so much for me to smile and say thanks. My other friends saw it, shook their heads in disgust. "D@mn," was the general response I got when I showed others the gift.

I even went the extra mile and put the keychain on with the rest of my keys and other keychains. (I already had too many keychains, what would I need another for?)

A week later, the gaudy blue rhinestone fell off! Needless to say, I didn't ask her to do Secret Santa again.
Old 11-30-2002, 01:43 AM
GreekChat Member

This is a great topic!!!!

One year when I was about 7 or 8, my aunt gave me some button covers, Oh yes I said it button covers. Something your grandma would put on her old church suit to make it look better NOT!!!! And last year I got a pot holder, a pot holder, just one. Just don't get me anything, it will be easier not to load all that stuff in my car because I'm just going to throw away when I get home.