GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,191
1 members and 1,190 guests
Low D Flat

Old 06-15-2000, 12:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink

SADE dear well if you want to look at it like that then i suppose at the same time you do not know every Black person either so how do you know its not true? Actually there are always exceptions to the rule and I am sure the statement was not meant to mean every single Black person has little love for their race. It means overall, which means the majority or most of us or alot of us (however you want to word it). Its just like saying all Black people are good at sports or can dance( i mean people still wear that one out) we all no that that is not true for every single Black person in the world BUT there are probably more of us that are athletically inclined than there are those that are not. You see the point?
Old 06-16-2000, 01:54 AM

Lightbulb

Ms 12dn94dst,

Well put. I agree with everything that you say especially about the crab situation. I'm from a small town and not many people have degrees there. I will be getting my Bach in Fall '00. Those who get them, leave the area. So every time I go home I hear about the negative things that have happened to me (weight gain, that I've been in college for an extra year [due to transferring]) and people try to find something bad (have you been pregnant, had an abortion, do you drink at those wild parties you go to). My answers to all of those are NO. But it kills me when I want a "you're doing good for yourself" instead of all the bullshit that I do hear. So 12dn94dst, thanx girl. This has hit a soft spot in me. You speak nothing but the truth.

[This message has been edited by gypsy (edited June 16, 2000).]
Old 06-16-2000, 02:43 PM
idallis

Thumbs up

pretty gyrl, 12dn94dst and gypsy.......

you guys are right on point. everything that you have said is TRUE. i think alot of times the truth hurts and we like to pretned that it doesn't exist. i think we need to tackle these problems head on. everyone else is in denial.
Old 06-17-2000, 02:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi Kelli,
Its been about 6 years since I've seen you, but I see you still have that spirit of telling it like it is. I can relate so much to what you are saying. We MUST learn to love our selves, gain self-esteem, and stop the crab syndrome. Dispite all of those sad, but real statistics, I know they're real because I work for the Feds and we use/compile similar stats, I still love my people.

Your friend and ex-band roommate at SSU.