GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Kappa Gamma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,453
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zamesyandext578
» Online Users: 1,899
0 members and 1,899 guests
No Members online

Old 02-27-2002, 07:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations Kappa!!

Congratulations Kappas!!

Your Baylor chapter finished third in All University SING at Baylor this past week. SING is the biggest Greek competition at Baylor and it is a huge deal!! About 18 groups compete by creating a 7 minute SING act--which combines singing and dancing. It is basically like a mini-broadway show. Groups practice every night for 4-5 weeks in preparation for the show!

Y'all were awesome. Besides the third place finish, Kappa won the People's Choice award for Best Backdrop and Best Choreography!!! Kapppa's theme was "Let the Good Times Roll" and was set on Bourbon street. Congratualtions to the SING chairs and to KappaKim on a job well done!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-28-2002, 12:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks, BaylorGirl!

So nice to hear good news; thanks for sharing, BaylorGirl!

I was an active at Indiana University, and we had a similar thing to Baylor's SING, called IUSing. It was a super-big deal, and we won (paired with Pi Kappa Phi) in my Junior year!!!

I think it is so cool that so many schools have functions like SING and IUSing...and how many Greeks make it one of the centerpieces of their year. How come we don't hear more stories in the media about the hard work and dedication it takes to write, direct, design, sing, dance and act in these really elaborate productions?

Well, anyway, thanks again for the good news, BaylorGirl! You made my day!

PS--Who came in first and second place??
Old 02-28-2002, 11:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Tri Delt won first with a Wizard of Oz theme. Theta won second with a 50's diner type theme (they were on roller skates). This is the first year three girls groups have placed!!

(for the record, Kappa won last year)

The big prize for winning SING is getting to perform your act at Pigskin Review at Homecoming the following fall.
Acts going to Pigskin include the three winners plus:

Chi O
Pi Phi
Kappa Sig
Sigma Chi
Kappa Omega Tau (a local frat here at Baylor)