GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi Omega

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,996
0 members and 1,996 guests
No Members online

Old 12-02-2004, 12:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Quala67
starting a new chapter/rechartering an inactive chapter

If any of the readers of this board have friends who are at colleges/universities that do NOT have an active chapter of Alpha Phi Omega, and may be interested in chartering or rechartering a chapter, I encourage you or your friends to contact the appropriate Region Director or Section Chair. For example, in another thread there's a friend of PrettyKittieJ's who is at NCCU. To get the ball rolling, contact the Region III Director (hi, that's me!) at region.3.director@apo.org and the Section 80 Chair at section.80.chair@apo.org. It's pretty easy to contact any RD or SC by putting in the appropriate Region # and Section # in that email format. Alpha Phi Omega is always looking to expand our programs of Leadership, Friendship, and Service - and sometimes all it takes is one interested student to help get things going! Like the old camp song says, "it only takes a spark to get a fire going...." and if any of you are familiar with the Petitioning logo, you know that it has a flame. Let's get some sparks going!

Alumnus, Zeta Beta/Va Tech and ADI/VCU
Advisor, Alpha Beta Omega/ODU, Phi Mu/NSU, & AZPhi/Regent U
Old 12-02-2004, 12:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GoldnBlue2004 Send a message via Yahoo to GoldnBlue2004
Hey Jamie! It's me Dominic and I can totally agree with you that it does take a lot to keep that flame going when you are a petitioner. Take care and hope to see you soon.
FL 06

A Phi A...there is no other way.
Old 12-02-2004, 12:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Quala67
hi GQ!

Hey Dominic! Where are you now, since you graduated?

Alumnus, Zeta Beta/Va Tech and ADI/VCU
Advisor, Alpha Beta Omega/ODU, Phi Mu/NSU, & AZPhi/Regent U
Old 12-03-2004, 01:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GoldnBlue2004 Send a message via Yahoo to GoldnBlue2004
I am in Charlotte working and trying to find another job.
FL 06

Old 12-21-2004, 11:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Hyper2 Send a message via Yahoo to Hyper2
Hey Jamie & Dominic,

I know you are not posting without me?

Jamie...you know we have plenty of target schools in NC.....where do you want to begin? I'm all ready for it!
Old 12-21-2004, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey Sequoyah and Jamie. I am fully ready to organize interest groups at some of these institutions in and around NC.
FL 06

Old 12-22-2004, 09:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Targets in NC

As of July, the entries in the Extension Reports Target List for North Carolina were Wingate U., Mars Hill C., Western Carolina U., Winston-Salem State U., NC Central U. NC Wesleyan C., and Meredith C.

Randy
Old 12-22-2004, 12:17 PM
GreekChat Member

That is some great information to know Randy, however I would love to know how far our progress is as far as gainning some interest at these schools?
FL 06

Old 12-22-2004, 04:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
Do you know of any extension targets/efforts in Illinois, particularly around the Chicago area?
Old 12-23-2004, 01:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by GoldnBlue2004
That is some great information to know Randy, however I would love to know how far our progress is as far as gainning some interest at these schools?
The extension report is split into four groupings.

Petitioning Groups, Interest Groups, Prospect Groups and Targets.

The PG at UW Plattville has a fairly good graphic relating the first three.

Extension Process

Phase I here is Prospect Group, Phase II is Interest Group, Phase III is petitioning Group.

Generally an effort is in Prospect Group if someone on staff is actually talking to an interested student, staffer, etc.

Target is just that. As far as I can tell, its just something (In the opinion of the RD or SC) that makes it a better target than the other schools without chapters. It could just mean that the school is the largest of the ones remaining in the section. I've seen sections go for years with exactly the same targets...

So to sum up, just because its a target doesn't mean that there is any effort there, but I've seen schools on both the target list and the Prospect List at the same time, so it isn't a guarantee there isn't. My file that includes the info is at work, so I can't check right now.

I'll try to post the remaining info I have for NC, but checking with the appropriate staffer (In this case Jamie or the appropriate section chair) or Judy Mitchell is a much more accurate and up to date guide.

Randy
Old 03-06-2005, 03:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Interested in Rechartering

I am interested in Rechartering the Chapter at my school. PM me for more info and how to contact me OFF the board!

Thanks.
Old 03-09-2005, 07:24 PM
GreekChat Member

information please

I have gotten inquries but no information...Can you all please give me some information please?
Old 03-09-2005, 08:11 PM
GreekChat Member

www.apo.org
Old 03-10-2005, 11:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gamma_girl52 Send a message via Yahoo to gamma_girl52
I was wondering why the process has so many steps? I couldn't imagine Gamma Sig having that many steps towards getting a chapter, but I was interested.

If the answer involves giving me TMI then I understand.

"Life is filled with many things to Befriend, Love, and Serve..."
Old 03-10-2005, 11:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by gamma_girl52
I was wondering why the process has so many steps? I couldn't imagine Gamma Sig having that many steps towards getting a chapter, but I was interested.

If the answer involves giving me TMI then I understand.
Hey!

When I was the sponsor for the HU group, it didn't really seem like "so many" steps. Like yeah, there were a lot of steps I guess, but if you have a large, motivated group, you can perform a lot of the requirements simultaneously.

For example, (and I am making stuff up as I go because I don't remember the precise requirements).....lets assume that you don't need university recognition to be a Prospect Group, but that's a step you need to handle before you become and Interest Group. BUT, you know you have to have 3 service projects to move from Prospect to Interest, and five more to move from Interest to Petitioning. If the group is motivated, they can save time by doing a bunch of service projects while they wait for university recognition.

From what I recall, you could "bank" service projects and fellowship events and they counted toward whatever your next phase was.

I guess it could be done in less "named" steps, but it is probably helpful to break it down in smaller chunks.