GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Academics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,454
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, nathnpetrovo648
» Online Users: 1,551
2 members and 1,549 guests
nathnpetrovo648, Xidelt

Old 06-09-2010, 10:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Give it up and be a prostitute.
You always know how to make me smile.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-09-2010, 10:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
I would say that I am not incorrect in my "exaggeration" because I gave her a list of schools that were top of the line and best in the field. I have always known that MSW programs generally do NOT expect or require GRE scores (some only if you have a horrible GPA).

As far as libramunoz...How does that humble pie taste considering you were wrong and then tried to back track so you didn't look like you were trying to be a complete dick who was off the mark when if fact you were?
Don't serve humble pie just yet. "Almost if not all" on your part was also an exaggeration. You haven't proven that it is "almost all" (total # of MSW programs and the # of MSW programs that don't require the GRE) and it definitely isn't "all."
Old 06-09-2010, 11:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Schools often vary depending on the type of Master's Degree. Syracuse's Maxwell School of International Affairs most definitely does require a GRE score (depending on the year, there also may be a cut-off).
Old 06-09-2010, 11:39 AM
Banned

So, the point made in this thread is that there are graduate programs for some degrees/degree fields that do not require the GRE/any standardized test/or allow one test to substitute another test.

Never discredit these programs as nonaccredited and not highly regarded in their fields and in academia, in general.
Old 06-09-2010, 04:20 PM
GreekChat Member

als434-as far as being a dick-look at some of the things YOU'VE said and then ask me about being a dick again!

I'm not ashamed or embarrassed as to not say that I am/was/just may be wrong and have misquoted myself. O.k. I'm not God and I don't know everything--

But in this case--NEITHER DO YOU!

You pointed out what, 15 programs, out of 420 schools that offer MSW programs, so you proved...WHAT?

Grow up and let it be.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by libramunoz View Post
als434-as far as being a dick-look at some of the things YOU'VE said and then ask me about being a dick again!

I'm not ashamed or embarrassed as to not say that I am/was/just may be wrong and have misquoted myself. O.k. I'm not God and I don't know everything--

But in this case--NEITHER DO YOU!

You pointed out what, 15 programs, out of 420 schools that offer MSW programs, so you proved...WHAT?

Grow up and let it be.
You did look like a dick by trying to tell me that since you have an MSW I should pretty much stay in my own lane because you work in the human services field (which I thought in another thread you said you were unemployed) and I do not. I am employed in the human services field and all my Supervisors have an MSW. I've proved that there ARE MSW programs that don't expect you to have GRE scores, even though you attempted to say that ALMOST ALL of them actually want them. You were wrong. Maybe you should grow up and let it be.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
You did look like a dick by trying to tell me that since you have an MSW I should pretty much stay in my own lane because you work in the human services field (which I thought in another thread you said you were unemployed) and I do not. I am employed in the human services field and all my Supervisors have an MSW. I've proved that there ARE MSW programs that don't expect you to have GRE scores, even though you attempted to say that ALMOST ALL of them actually want them. You were wrong. Maybe you should grow up and let it be.
Both of y'all need to take this advice.

Some do. Some don't. The end.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
Both of y'all need to take this advice.

Some do. Some don't. The end.
I don't think anyone could have said it better than you just did. Thank you! There are some programs that need the GRE (no matter what), some that ONLY need the GRE (if your undergrad GPA sucks), and some programs (to include SOME but not all MSW programs) where GRE scores are NOT required.
Old 06-09-2010, 07:18 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm mad a troll's thread went this far -- in the introductions thread, no less.

Old 06-09-2010, 07:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
I don't think anyone could have said it better than you just did. Thank you! There are some programs that need the GRE (no matter what), some that ONLY need the GRE (if your undergrad GPA sucks), and some programs (to include SOME but not all MSW programs) where GRE scores are NOT required.

I insist on making this an entertaining back and forth. Did you think you were calling libramunoz out for potentially being unemployed? Don't you know you can be in a field (career) without currently having a job? I'm just amused by your post because you have a tendency to try to call usernames out. Where are Drolefile and DaemonSeid with their pineapples when you need them? LOL.

Last edited by DrPhil; 06-09-2010 at 07:57 PM.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Kiss my shiny metal ass for the bolded. Leveraging someone's current employment status against them is tacky and, oh surprising for you, passive aggressive.

How many times are you both going to reply to each other telling the other one to grow up?
Quote:
Guess what, he was telling you to shut up. Agreeing with him and still talking makes you look like an idiot.

+
Old 06-09-2010, 08:20 PM
GreekChat Member

This is one of the dumber arguments I've read on here.
Overall, though, it's the bigness of the car that counts the most. Because when something bad happens in a really big car – accidentally speeding through the middle of a gang of unruly young people who have been taunting you in a drive-in restaurant, for instance – it happens very far away – way out at the end of your fenders. It's like a civil war in Africa; you know, it doesn't really concern you too much. - P.J. O'Rourke
Old 06-09-2010, 08:20 PM
Banned

And, yes knight_shadow, we are going to keep this thread going because it's finally getting entertaining.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elephant Walk View Post
This is one of the dumber arguments I've read on here.
I'm hoping people will take my hint and post Chris Pine pictures. Yummy.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolefille View Post
I'm hoping people will take my hint and post Chris Pine pictures. Yummy.
I had an elephant beer and a white beer and I have no clue what this thread is about other than the OP needs to get the Velvet Jones Be a Ho course. Here is a picture of Vincent D'Onofrio looking damn hot.