GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,213
3 members and 1,210 guests
g41965

Old 02-13-2013, 12:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Texas A&M Recruitment

Hi everyone I'm brand new here at GC!
So this was my first year at Blinn in Bryan (I'm a freshman), I recently got accepted to Texas A&M for next fall! SO EXCITED. Anyways, I graduated high school a year early so I'll be 18 until next December. I really want to rush this coming Fall, and I heard it's somewhat difficult for sophomores? My brother is in one of the top Fraternity's at TAMU so I know a lot of his girl-friends in sororities here who have really made me want to rush! Also, I want to keep the tradition going for Greek in my family. I would have a lot of rec letters! I'm just wondering if it will be tough for me since I will be a young sophomore to get a bid anywhere next semester?!

Thanks and Gig Em
Old 02-13-2013, 01:00 PM
GreekChat Member

A&M has a wonderful greek system but it has gotten competitive. Get recs for every group and keep an open mind. Do research on these forums about recruitment in the SEC and this will help you. Best of luck!!
Old 02-13-2013, 01:32 PM
GreekChat Member

No one can tell you your chances on this board, but you probably have a better shot than other sophomores because of your brother's connections. It helps to know people in the sororities. As a general rule at TAMU, sophomores will be at a disadvantage over freshmen. Get great grades, get your recs, tell your brother's friends you are rushing and keep an open mind to all of the sororities each day of recruitment. Also read the thread linked in my signature.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:58 PM
GreekChat Member

A&M had a upper class quota of 19 last year. ( I believe) Significantly higher than most upper class quotas especially with freshman quota was in the high 30's
Good Luck! And be open minded.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:33 AM
GreekChat Member

I'll be very interested to read about your recruitment story when the time comes! I wish I could offer you advice other than what's already posted, but I went through recruitment at A&M 18 years ago!

I have to ditto some of the other comments: keep your grades up, get rec's, keep an open mind, and keep it classy (especially if you are hanging out with your brother's friends and are around sorority girls prior to recruitment).
Old 03-04-2013, 09:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations on your acceptance to A&M! I second ADPi95's comments on being interested to hear your recruitment story. Can't really add much else to other comments, as I went through recruitment 10 years ago. Best of luck!

Gig'em!
Old 03-05-2013, 04:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADPi95 View Post
I'll be very interested to read about your recruitment story when the time comes! I wish I could offer you advice other than what's already posted, but I went through recruitment at A&M 18 years ago!
I go back a lot farther to February, 1975, when I was the leadership consultant assigned to start the Alpha Gam chapter at A&M. What a change!
Old 03-04-2013, 09:42 PM
GreekChat Member

I have been offerred PSA at A&M, which means I attend one of their satellite campuses freshman year and if my grades are good then I move to College Station as a sophomore. I have some thinking to do, and will probably attend a different school, but had a question or two on sororities. I realize no one can give exact details.

If I go to one of the campuses freshman year, such as Corpus Christi or Commerce, do I rush there or wait until sophomore year at College Station? Although I want to rush as a freshman, I would think it's inconsiderate to leave after a year...or is that common? And if I initiated at the freshman school, there is no guarantee I could transfer to the chapter at College Station, right?

Without giving away any details or offering me any advice on my own chances, do sororities look down upon the PSA students? Or with the proper prep and recs, can they have a successful rush? Have you personally ever met a sorority girl that came through the PSA program?

Thank you for any words of wisdom.