GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,716
0 members and 1,716 guests
No Members online

Old 03-10-2003, 02:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Skype™ to DigitalAngel126
Unhappy $860.64 Gas Bill!?

So we got the newest version of the gas bill that psycho ex-roomie Daisy never paid and didn't feel like forwarding to us...

$860.84

Isn't that sweet??
Old 03-10-2003, 02:24 PM
GreekChat Member

WTF? How does a gas bill get that high?
Old 03-10-2003, 02:29 PM
GreekChat Member

It's in her name. When she got her mail forwarded to wherever she is now, that went with it....We couldn't do anything to change the account because she wouldn't talk to anyone, including the Energy company...So we couldn't change the account. When she finally decided to send us one of the bills she'd been getting, it was for almost $600. We had been debating what to do about it, and we just got a new one... for $860.84. I think the general concensus around the house is 'who cares', mostly because if they turn it off, it won't be until the end of the month. After that, we only have one more month on our lease and then we're all outta here... And as far as I'm concerned, I don't really care...I don't like my roommates any more. My room is toasty as long as I keep the door shut and a candle burning, so my roommates and their scrubby ass friends can have fun being cold in the living room.
Old 03-10-2003, 02:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Well honestly it's her fault that you never got the bill. Since it's in her name, it's her credit that is going to get very, very bad because of this. So there's your revenge right there. No penalties against you (except of course the gas getting turned off, which as you mentioned won't even really affect you).

The electric bill in my old apartment is still under my name (I haven't gotten a chance to get with my old roommie to switch it over) but I ALWAYS make sure to forward it to them because I know that if it doesn't get paid, I'm the one that's going to really regret it! This girl should have thought of that, but obviously she didn't. So I say, screw it, she'll get what she deserves!
Old 03-10-2003, 03:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
If you don't pay your bills for a few months, they can get really high. I think that you should contact her and divide the bill among all of the roommates and pay it. If not, the gas company will shut off the gas and you won't be able to cook or heat your home.
Old 03-10-2003, 03:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Cream
I think that you should contact her and divide the bill among all of the roommates and pay it.

If not, the gas company will shut off the gas and you won't be able to cook or heat your home.
Well...If she'd talk to any of us, that might've been an option.. three months ago. She won't talk to us, she won't talk to her parents, she won't talk to the cops (maybe because they're after her?)...she already owes us over $300 for other bills she never gave us money for.

The gas company can shut it off for all I care.. Like I said, my room is fine, and my other roommates can be chilly, I don't care. We don't have a gas stove, so I'm not too worried about that either...
Old 03-10-2003, 03:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Umm maybe you don't know this but the HOT WATER you need to bathe in is controlled by the gas. If you have no GAS, you have no HOT WATER.
Old 03-10-2003, 03:44 PM
GreekChat Member

True, good thing I have friends w/ hot water
Old 03-10-2003, 03:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
Quote:
Originally posted by DigitalAngel126
Well...If she'd talk to any of us, that might've been an option.. three months ago. She won't talk to us, she won't talk to her parents, she won't talk to the cops (maybe because they're after her?)...she already owes us over $300 for other bills she never gave us money for.

The gas company can shut it off for all I care.. Like I said, my room is fine, and my other roommates can be chilly, I don't care. We don't have a gas stove, so I'm not too worried about that either...
Oh right, I forgot. You had a serious roommate problem. You have an electric stove and the weather is warming up so you don't need gas. If she owes you money and she won't talk to you, you don't have many options. It's a very weird situation. I think that she should contact you to settle the finances at the very least.

edited to add: I forgot about the hot water. Cold showers are not fun.
Old 03-10-2003, 03:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to xok85xo
well, if they shut it off couldn't one of you call and have it turned back on under one of your names? say you're new tenants or something..
Old 03-10-2003, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by xok85xo
well, if they shut it off couldn't one of you call and have it turned back on under one of your names? say you're new tenants or something..
yeah you can do that HOPEFULLY!!

Hot WATER is nothing to play with EVER. I like to bathe too much for cold water to ever enter the equation.
Old 03-10-2003, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by xok85xo
Yeah, we could, but we'll only be here for another month, so there's really no sense in paying the connection fee and the activation fee and all that other crap, ya know?
Old 03-10-2003, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator

You need to contact Judge Judy

Seriously though, small claims court might be a good way to look.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 03-10-2003, 11:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ktsnake
You need to contact Judge Judy
Yeah!!! I love Judge Judy!! She's the Poo!!! LOL
Old 03-10-2003, 11:23 PM
GreekChat Member

You need to club that wench in the head w/ a metal lock. How shady.