GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Up & Coming National GLOs
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Up & Coming National GLOs This area is for discussion of issues affecting GLOs which are larger than a local, yet are still growing into a national GLO.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,531
1 members and 2,530 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2008, 04:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
Better than Gents & BeauX
Better for you.

Not for me.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrus_manus View Post
Very creative. I like that.
Quote:
Better for you.

Not for me.

Old 08-28-2008, 04:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
Sigh..........

It's called a choice.

APA and APO was best for you

Just as my affiliations are best for me.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
LOL

You nor your buddies are in any way, shape, form or fashion interested in membership. So spare me.

Your correct about the aspirant comment, though. And when any aspirant, respectfully, asks questions about GBX, I and any brother will be more than happy to answer their questions.
Hey ... although I'm certainly not interested in membership with your organization, I though my question about your founders was very respectful. Now, If you can just hold up your end of the barging and happily answer this question, I'd personally like to learn more about your organization, including information about your foundations. Just be honest and forthright about your group's beginnings. If you are really so proud, please let us share in your joy for your fraternal organization.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrus_manus
What's sly exactly?
Seriously?

http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_/sly.html

sly [ slī ] (comparative sli·er, superlative sli·est)
adjective

Definition:
1. crafty: cleverly skillful and cunning
2. evasive: lacking honesty or straightforwardness
3. mischievous: full of playful mischief

[13th century. < Old Norse slœgr "clever, crafty"]
Old 08-28-2008, 04:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kansas City View Post
Hey ... although I'm certainly not interested in membership with your organization, I though my question about your founders was very respectful. Now, If you can just hold up your end of the barging and happily answer this question, I'd personally like to learn more about your organization, including information about your foundations. Just be honest and forthright about your group's beginnings. If you are really so proud, please let us share in your joy for your fraternal organization.

Any, general, information that you are seeking about GBX can be found on the National Website. If you are interested in learning more, then you are welcome to IM me.
Old 08-28-2008, 05:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Any, general, information that you are seeking about GBX can be found on the National Website. If you are interested in learning more, then you are welcome to IM me.
Okay but other than giving three last names (Johnekins, Robinson and Williams), your organizations website is a bit lacking in founding information other than to say that they splintered off from other groups. I guess I’d like to know more about the gentlemen that founded your organization (where they were from, what were their prior affiliations, what was their educational/occupational background, are they still active founders of your group or have they since passed, etc.). I would hope that you might enlighten all of GC with this same information. I don’t think that anyone here means any harm but would genuinely like to learn more about your group.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Okay but other than giving three last names (Johnekins, Robinson and Williams), your organizations website is a bit lacking in founding information other than to say that they splintered off from other groups. I guess I’d like to know more about the gentlemen that founded your organization (where they were from, what were their prior affiliations, what was their educational/occupational background, are they still active founders of your group or have they since passed, etc.). I would hope that you might enlighten all of GC with this same information. I don’t think that anyone here means any harm but would genuinely like to learn more about your group.
Here is a brief bio of the Founders.

THE HONORABLE
BROTHER WILLIAM MONTREL JOHNEKINS
Founder Johnekins attended Hallandale Senior High School, located in Hallandale Beach, Florida. After graduating, Founder Johnekins received his college education from Broward Community College-South, located in Pembroke Pines, Florida where he studied Psychology and was a chartering member. Founder Johnekins was also instrumental in the great movement of the Gamma Debonair Mentorship Program, which is nationally recognized by the fraternity as an official service program.
THE HONORABLE
BROTHER BOBBY ROBINSON
A native of Fort Lauderdale, Florida, Founder Robinson attended Stranahan Senior High School located in the city of Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Once Founder Robinson completed his high school education, he then went on to study Business Management at Florida Metropolitan University, also located in Fort Lauderdale. Founder Robinson is a Past President of the Broward County Chapter in Broward County, Florida and has contributed greatly to the business sector of Gamma Beta Chi.
THE HONORABLE
BROTHER BILLY FERTEZ WILLIAMS
Founder Williams attended high school at Dillard School of the Arts in Fort Lauderdale. Following high school, Founder Williams studied English Education at Bethune-Cookman College in Daytona Beach, Florida and then went on to study Graphic Design and Illustration at the Art – Institutes and Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton, Florida. While attending Bethune Cookman, Founder Williams chartered the Gamma Beta Chapter in 2004. He is responsible for many of the fraternity’s study materials and the design of both the fraternity’s “sacred crest” and fraternity insignia.
Old 08-29-2008, 09:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I don’t think that anyone here means any harm but would genuinely like to learn more about your group.

That may be so. But I, seriously, doubt if certain comments are truly geared towards learning about GBX.
Old 08-29-2008, 10:29 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
That may be so. But I, seriously, doubt if certain comments are truly geared towards learning about GBX.
Going through the threads, no one became hostile until you began giving a cryptic history. If it's information you don't want shared, say that. If it's public information, say that. Don't rub people the wrong way and expect everyone to back off.

Old 08-29-2008, 10:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
Going through the threads, no one became hostile until you began giving a cryptic history. If it's information you don't want shared, say that. If it's public information, say that. Don't rub people the wrong way and expect everyone to back off.
EXACTLY! I can almost guarantee you I would not have gotten involved if it weren't for the attitude that you were giving off, that you wanted to post on a discussion board without actually participating or interacting with said board. It was the 'I'm too good for you people' attitude that prompted my replies. I always like to learn about other service organizations, it's the whole reason that I came to GC in the first place years and years ago. So the fact that you wanted to advertise your organization, and then acted offended when people wanted to know more makes no sense.

If you hadn't come to GC and made your first few posts advertisements about your organization, I also doubt that people would have asked questions about it. But when you come here to advertise, and then refuse to answer questions, it's going to raise some eyebrows.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
Well your opinion is your opinion. I appreciate you sharing.

But I will respond as I see fit. Just as you and everyone else, here, would about your respective orgs.

Now if my responses rubbed folks the wrong way, that was not the intent. But if folks want to be Ralph Trevantish, about said replies, that is on them.
Old 08-29-2008, 12:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Well your opinion is your opinion. I appreciate you sharing.

But I will respond as I see fit. Just as you and everyone else, here, would about your respective orgs.

Now if my responses rubbed folks the wrong way, that was not the intent. But if folks want to be Ralph Trevantish, about said replies, that is on them.
If someone asks me a question about my organization, I'll let him/her know as much information as I can. I don't contradict my HQ and get mad when others call me on it.

Looks like you're the one being sensitive, buddy.

But whatever. Keep responding in code if you want. You'll keep getting the same reaction.

Old 08-29-2008, 07:24 PM
GreekChat Member

One of the things that makes organizations such as fraternities/sororities appealing is that fact that they are mysterious and unique. Gamma Beta Chi is a brotherhood that is truly both, I won't deny. Our main focuses are service and education. It is not our duty to validate or reveal any of our history on a group such as this. Should you be interested in our organization's history, feel free to find a chapter near you and become involved in the intake process.
My brother has been quite candid with you because of your deceptive and investigative nature, which would have offended anyone. I am not particularly offended because these menial conversations do speak volumes for the level of character that you possess. Should you feel the need to carry on a mature and diplomatic conversation regarding my organization or anything Greek of interest, feel free to email me at ays20042003@yahoo.com.
Old 08-29-2008, 07:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aristocrat View Post
your deceptive and investigative nature.
LOL

They've given us fair warning. GBX is not to be trifled with:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsballer2004 View Post
I apologize, but the only person who can tell you more information is a member of the organization. I am no longer associated with Gamma Beta Chi, and it has been that way since 2005. Also, for security purposes, I do not wish to discuss this particular organization anymore, because there are people out to frame me. I cannot discuss what it is, but please do understand. Below is a link you can try, and it also include phone numbers and the organization's official website. I hope you find what you are looking for.

God Bless

http://www.greekpages.com/org/org.cf...21001&gender=1

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Closed Thread