GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 1,962
0 members and 1,962 guests
No Members online

Old 12-30-2002, 03:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AGDPrincess70
Pissed!

This year just needs to end...everything that could go wrong this year did, and tonight was the absolute worst. I was at a friend's house tonight when the doorbell rang. It was some kids saying that they saw a car parked out front get hit by a drunk driver, and then the asshole drove away. Guess whose car they were talking about?! Oh yeah, it was mine. The back bumper is completely smashed in, all the lights have shattered, and my car got pushed about 5 or 6 feet into the car in front of it, shattering my front bumper as well! The car in front ofme got a small dent, barely anything compared to my car. Thankfully, the police found the guy and arrested him, but I'm just so freaking mad, you have no idea. My car runs, but my parents are pretty sure that the car is totaled. This is the LAST thing I need right about now. GAAAAAAAAAHHH!

I need a hug
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-30-2002, 03:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to astroAPhi
Well on the plus side, you're probably going to get a new car, and you can sue him for the hit and run thing. That's what happened to my friend a couple months ago.

Sorry, I know that probably didn't help. Hope things look up.

TKE Omicron Nu Chapter Sweetheart 2003
Old 12-30-2002, 03:20 AM
GreekChat Member

I hope things get better for ya! Hopefully this guy has insurance so that you won't have to worry about him paying out of pocket for this!
Old 12-30-2002, 09:21 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Pissed!

Quote:
Originally posted by AGDPrincess70
This year just needs to end...everything that could go wrong this year did, and tonight was the absolute worst. I was at a friend's house tonight when the doorbell rang. It was some kids saying that they saw a car parked out front get hit by a drunk driver, and then the asshole drove away. Guess whose car they were talking about?! Oh yeah, it was mine. The back bumper is completely smashed in, all the lights have shattered, and my car got pushed about 5 or 6 feet into the car in front of it, shattering my front bumper as well! The car in front ofme got a small dent, barely anything compared to my car. Thankfully, the police found the guy and arrested him, but I'm just so freaking mad, you have no idea. My car runs, but my parents are pretty sure that the car is totaled. This is the LAST thing I need right about now. GAAAAAAAAAHHH!

I need a hug
Hope he has money/insurance to make things right. Be careful this time of year lots of these idiots around.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 12-30-2002, 09:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Who cares if he has insurance or whatever to pay for this. HE WAS DRUNK!!!!! He deserves everything he gets and more for getting in his car like that.

You all should be saying thank God AGDPrincess wasn't in the car and didn't get hurt!

KLTC
Old 12-30-2002, 11:07 AM
GreekChat Member

((((((SQUIRREL HUGS!))))))

I'm so glad that YOU are okay! It stinks to go through the insurance process, but the car can always be replaced. You, on the other hand, are one of a kind.
Old 12-30-2002, 11:11 AM
GreekChat Member

New Years Eve is so depressing.
Old 12-30-2002, 11:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy

So sorry to hear about your car! At least they caught the jacka$$, and you can look forward to prosecuting him and collecting the insurance money for a new car.

My car was hit a couple of months ago while I was attending an alumnae meeting. The guilty party drove off without leaving a note, and now my car has a huge dent in the front quarter panel on the driver's side. Of course my insurance company has a deductible of $500 that I have to meet before they chip in any cash. The cost of the damage? $500 What I wouldn't give to find the jerk who hit my car.
Old 12-30-2002, 11:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I need a hug
{{{{{AGDPrincess70}}}}}

Cyber hugs are the best I can do right now. Do they help?

I have NO patience at all for anyone who gets behind the wheel under the influence. IMHO, it's a reason to bring back public horsewhipping.

I'm sure we're all thankful that YOU weren't IN that car when it happened!!!

Now get one of those vicious TV shyster-lawyer types and hang that idiot's butt out to dry!

Adrienne
Old 12-30-2002, 06:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

I need a hug
You are not alone:

Yesterday I was in a parking lot when a cop backed his squad car into mine smashing the front bumper enough to cause $800 worth of damage, so I am stuck making arrangements for them to fix my car and give me a rental car. The cop turned out to be the shift Sgt. too. And the first thing he says to me when I get out of my car is "Oh, my mistake." I should be really mad but I just put money down on an awesome apartment!!
Old 12-30-2002, 11:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Ug! That would TOTALLY piss me off too! Just be thankful that you weren't in the car when he hit it! I hope everything goes better for you!
Old 12-30-2002, 11:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
I'm sorry about your car. I hope you get all the hugs that you need on New Year's Eve.
Old 12-31-2002, 08:25 AM

I'm with you... this year needs to end already. I too have had the year from hell.

You are very lucky they caught the guy. Think of it this way - he gets to face hefty DUI fines and probably jail time, and he gets to buy you a new car

Take care.
Old 12-31-2002, 05:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking More Squirrel Hugs!!

I am soo glad that you weren't hurt! The car I traded in last year got hit 3 times (I was in it only once). The new car, I had only had a few months when some @#$# with a broken arm trying to drive a stickshift ran into my hubby driving the car to come pick me up at work...we thought we could save time cause we were headed out of town...not!!

Yep, your driver should be made to be paid big time! And he will..having a criminal history that (should include) DUI and Hit/Run. Unfortunately, they are both misdemeanors (at least in GA.)