GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,457
Threads: 115,512
Welcome to our newest member, ER_Pike
» Online Users: 2,788
1 members and 2,787 guests
Mooch279

Old 06-26-2002, 11:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Question Rush style for sisters

I am living with my chapter's recruitment chair this summer, and we started discussing the outfits we are going to be wearing during the parties this year. They are a little dressier and sharper than what we have worn in past years. For example, during Open House, the first round, instead of wearing shorts and our house jersey, we will be wearing khaki skirts and cute shirts with our letters embroidered on them. She and our advisor believe that "rush style" at least for sorority members in the past few years was more casual and comfortable, and now the trend is going back to more dressy, more stylish, (dare I say) more classy. I do see this trend reflected on my campus. But I was just curious about other schools. Do you dress cute and comfy? Or is there a trend towards chic?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-26-2002, 11:24 AM
GreekChat Member

We only dress up for Information Night and Preference Night. The rest of the time we are very casual.
Old 06-26-2002, 12:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ladybug1116
At FSU the sororities try to be very trendy with their rush outfits but they stay classy at the same time. Recruitment guidelines are very strict though so you can't get too dressy too fast or else you will get caught with an infraction. PNMs tend to lean towards the more casual side but that's because of what Panhellenic says is OK for their outfits.
Old 06-26-2002, 01:38 PM
GreekChat Member

I can't speak for all the chapters on my campus, but I know that the XOs wore dressier outfits this past rush, and it really worked well for them. They wore trendy/classy outfits and the overall effect was really nice.
Old 06-26-2002, 02:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Every chapter on my campus wears khaki skirts with stitched letters first round, second round is theme, so whatever fits the skit and third round is pref and almost every one wears black dresses (KD wears green and sigma kappa purple). It works well on our campus because it kinda makes it easier for sisters to remember how to sit and be more concious of their movements. It also puts an interview type atmosphere, which is good for our rush because we have frills. If you have no frillsrush I think it would hurt, though. Because at my school, rush is an interview. Perioid.

Facebook
Old 06-26-2002, 02:35 PM

speaking of rush clothing....

Talbot's, home of nice classic clothing, is having a 30 - 50% off sale. So if you need anything in that vein, get there quickly...
Old 06-26-2002, 03:47 PM

Send a message via AIM to maggieaxid
for 1sr round, we wear khaki pants and a letter shirt
2nd round (its philantropy) our choose children shirts and jeans (we do art projects and its just easier...phi mu wear overalls with pink or white shirts underneath)
3rd round is skit, we wear all black, except our shirts have Alpha Xi Delta embroidered in white across the front
pref- we used to wear all white, but noone of us look good in white in january, so they switched to black.