GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Careers & Employment

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 644
2 members and 642 guests
Low D Flat, naraht

Old 08-25-2011, 07:26 AM
GreekChat Member

Fall 2011 Social Media/Marketing Internship

Old Gold Soul Press is looking for non-paid interns for Fall 2011.The intern(s) (who needn't be Washington, DC residents) will be responsible for:

*Providing dynamic content to the "Rashid Darden" facebook page (60%)
*Preparing Press Kits for Lazarus, Covenant, Epiphany, and the Life and Death of Savion Cortez (10%)
*Creating meaningful connections between Rashid Darden and book clubs, independent book stores, student organizations, and campus offices of minority and/or LGBT affairs (30%)

Tangible outcomes will be:

*Increasing the Facebook presence from 786 to 1100 by December 31
*Make connections which lead to six to ten speaking engagements in Spring 2012

Although the internship will be unpaid, the intern will receive free, signed copies of all four books on Old Gold Soul Press, a discounted speaking engagement on their own campus, letters of recommendation, and a solid reference to future employers (contingent upon successful completion of the internship).

The ideal applicant should be a lover of LGBT and/or African American fiction, proficient at social media, possess a working knowledge of fraternity and sorority culture, and be available for regular conference calls. The candidate may be an undergraduate or graduate student, but does not necessarily have to be a student at all.

Candidates should send a resume and very brief cover letter to rashid.darden [at] gmail.com.

The opportunity will close on September 15, 2011.

Resources:
www.oldgoldsoul.com
www.facebook.com/rashiddarden
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-25-2011, 08:25 AM
GreekChat Member

You are actually freakin' brilliant. Send your 2nd choice candidate my way.

This actually makes me wonder, though...what would happen if you put together an entire "team" of interns/aspirants. For someone like me, I would search out an aspiring publicist, photographer, makeup artist, cameraman, director/producer, stylist...the entire entourage that a big "star" would have, and produce something for everyone to put on their resume. I realize that this is essentially what indie films can be, but I don't know that many "teams" stay together for the purpose of creating an entire body of work with broad range...hmm....
Old 08-25-2011, 08:31 AM
GreekChat Member

^^^ That actually reminds me, I forgot to mention that I am open to crafting this internship for academic credit.

And you're right, indie teams are definitely possible but usually short lived because eventually somebody's trying to get paid lol. However, I have seen non-profit versions of the same work pretty well, usually in theater though.

Another random thought, I think that the various moving parts of such a team don't always know how to find each other. As an aspiring professional photographer, I had no clue where to get models, but luckily I knew one who introduced me to modelmayhem, which also has stylists and MUAs.
Old 08-25-2011, 08:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Have you tried sending notices to your local agencies? Let them know your willing to trade. You and your model both get portfolio shots. I think most agencies are willing to pass on your info because even if you were the world's worst photographer (which you're not) there is always a chance that you will luck into a stunning shot that's going to book the model jobs and make them money.

One of the agencies I met in Florida is DC based: Gouveia International...they might even let you post a notice on their Facebook page.