GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Events Is your organization hosting an Event or do you know about an upcoming Event and would like to get the word out? Post all Event related information here.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 1,572
3 members and 1,569 guests
mlanderson, naraht

Old 08-10-2010, 01:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Need Bid Day Ideas!

I'm looking for some Bid Day ideas. Our chapter is a bit odd because we don't have a house and we are located in a big city (San Francisco). In the past we have gone paddle boating, to a baseball game, and done a progressive dinner (appetizer at one sister's house, dinner at another, and dessert at another). Does anyone have any good ideas for an activity for about 100 girls for our Bid Day?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-10-2010, 02:39 AM
GreekChat Member

A day cruise on the SF Bay! I'm sure that there are a few companies that have cruise boats that give tours of the bay, you could rent one out and have lunch and bonding activities on board! It would be very memorable and fun IMO!

Proud to be an Old Dominion Diamond and a Macon Magnolia!

Some people call it manipulation, Southern Belles call it charm.
Old 08-10-2010, 03:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh cool! That's a really good idea. Thanks
Old 08-10-2010, 07:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to XYZ_E_class
I'm assuming you're at USF and while I know your chapter does pretty well financially, I'd say have the day progress in expenses, so you're not spending the bulk of your money for the day all in one location.

Try starting off in McLaren with the typical bid day photos, t-shirts, small gifts, light snacks, etc. Something you might really consider is speaking with the fraternities on campus to help support in the welcoming - something like... I heart DZ posters or possibly even have the men sign little cards for each of them. Not only a great way to start bid day, but could really help get the word out about DZ a bit more there.

From McLaren, I'd say have two trolley buses pick everyone up and head to Presidio Bowling - they have great deals for large groups - but you'd probably have to make the reservations sooner than later.

Then from there, take a short tour of the city - remind them all to dress warm - and finish at Lone Mountain for candy/sweets fest. I know Bon Appetit can be expensive, but they have a great discount for student groups and remember, you can always negotiate with them.

Hope this helps