GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Chapter Operations

Chapter Operations Share plans, ideas, and brainstorm problems related to chapter operations. Topics also include parliamentary procedure, national programs, innovations & etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,515
1 members and 2,514 guests
LaneSig

Old 05-03-2010, 08:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLake View Post
"
If this continues, then I will have one of my attorney's process paperwork to have you investigated for cyber bullying and defamation of character. I have already printed out the barrage of negative posts against Sierra and myself and have turned them over to my attorney. She assures me I have a case should I choose to pursue it."
Attorneys don't work weekends or turn around something that quickly on a Sunday evening. OP's full of it. She needs to look up what constitutes defamation, specifically the part where a truthful statement is not defamation.

BTW, OP, I'm an attorney myself so please don't send me any PM threats of lawsuit. If you do, you'd better bring it, as I'm a litigator and I'd enjoy every minute of it.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-03-2010, 09:15 AM
GreekChat Member

This probably makes me a dork and I am probably taking this way too seriously, but I'm really questioning their 501(c)3 status that they claim a few times on that mess of a website. I was literally laughing out loud until I saw that. My family is involved in the field of philanthropy, I worked for my family's firm for a while, and I have an interest in that area, so that caught my eye.

I don't know, maybe the IRS forgot to list Alpha Beta Zeta in organizations with recognized 501(c)3 status? Maybe they have a different name they use when dealing with the IRS? I could certainly be wrong but that didn't sit well with me at all. If I am wrong, I'm curious to know how they managed to achieve that status and why it can't be verified.

Last edited by ThetaDancer; 05-03-2010 at 11:28 AM.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kddani View Post
Attorneys don't work weekends or turn around something that quickly on a Sunday evening. OP's full of it. She needs to look up what constitutes defamation, specifically the part where a truthful statement is not defamation.

BTW, OP, I'm an attorney myself so please don't send me any PM threats of lawsuit. If you do, you'd better bring it, as I'm a litigator and I'd enjoy every minute of it.
So... no one's busted out an internet lawyer joke?

#gcoldheadsareslacking
Old 05-03-2010, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Gamma Chi went swimming in Lake Springfield and this is the result.
This.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 05-03-2010, 10:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Wow that's an awesome crest.

Warning: The above post may be dripping in sarcasm and full of smartassedness.
Old 05-03-2010, 11:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kddani View Post

She's a paralegal, so I'm sure that these attorneys have no problem whipping up a letter for a faux defamation suit.

Did she really pm you? She's an adult but comes across as an 18 year old.

Last edited by ree-Xi; 05-03-2010 at 11:44 AM.
Old 05-03-2010, 12:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer_gphib View Post

Ooooo! Sparkly!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 05-03-2010, 12:27 PM

Did this just turn into a vajazzling thread?
Old 05-03-2010, 01:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer_gphib View Post

LOL it looks like it just came out of a sparkly text generator.
Old 05-03-2010, 01:58 PM
GreekChat Member

kddani, i doubt the OP is pressing legal matters against GCers. I was quoting the former president, from one of those links someone else posted. the former president, not the OP dawnmarie, made that threat against a "sister" who decided to leave ABZ because it appeared to be a clusterfuck. seems like suing former members of ABZ is the thing to do. I wonder if that's a part of their initiation. "i vow to file lawsuits against former sisters who are undeserving..."

oh, and why isn't there a computer on their crest? that seems to be the most fitting item to put on a crest of these origins.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:12 PM
Super Moderator

The thread you quoted from was in August of 2009.

I think the ladies of cluster****, inc. have probably moved on.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 05-03-2010, 03:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dreamseeker
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLake View Post
oh, and why isn't there a computer on their crest? that seems to be the most fitting item to put on a crest of these origins.
you are absolutely right, but i still died at this.
Old 05-03-2010, 04:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to JMNew83 Send a message via Yahoo to JMNew83
Hi Dawn Marie,

1.) I suggest making your board on Ashworth College private or deleting it altogether. That's way too much information for non-members to see. You talk way to brash, negatively and down to your fellow sisters.
And this is ONLY in the first post!

2.) I've been where you were. I had a similar misunderstanding happen to me on Greek Chat. I'm part of the business sorority Gamma Phi Delta and was responding to a woman who expressed interest on Greek Chat when men from the Christian fraternity Gamma Phi Delta chimed in. It was inappropriate for them to do, but the posts can live on and on and on and come in searches with your name, your school's name and your sorority name. At a certain point you just have to let it go and embrace discretion.

3.) I don't see how you get any membership requests with that board as is. You do not want to have ALL your membership requirements on a public board. That's something you want to discuss with your prospective face-to-face, on the phone or via personal mail. I can only imagine what the other organizations on campus are saying about this. Discretion is so important to sorority life, chapter life and recruitment.

4.) You should also watch how you speak to others on Greek Chat. Interested women read your organization's post as "guests" so you have no idea how many people are or who is actually reading your posts. Having a clean (positive) online imagine is the first step in successful recruitment.

5.) Blaming your founder for your organizations mistakes only brings negativity, splits up your sisters into groups of: those who support you and those who support her and it takes away from the programs and missions you try to implement as a chapter. At a certain point, you have to take ownership for your mistakes, implement a new of dealing with things, and move forward.

I understand where you are coming from with the frustration of being the only one holding the whole organization together. However, alienating your sisters will bring forth the disbandment of your chapter. You have to know and believe in the mission and founding principles of the organization in order for it to work. If you need help with the Constitution, I suggest googling other organizations to see what they do. I don't think anyone on Greek Chat will post that.

By the way, you do have a cute crest!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gamma Phi Delta Sorority, Inc.
A Business & Professional Sorority
Member since Fall 2k3
Old 05-03-2010, 06:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMNew83 View Post
Hi Dawn Marie,

1.) I suggest making your board on Ashworth College private or deleting it altogether. That's way too much information for non-members to see. You talk way to brash, negatively and down to your fellow sisters.
And this is ONLY in the first post!

2.) I've been where you were. I had a similar misunderstanding happen to me on Greek Chat. I'm part of the business sorority Gamma Phi Delta and was responding to a woman who expressed interest on Greek Chat when men from the Christian fraternity Gamma Phi Delta chimed in. It was inappropriate for them to do, but the posts can live on and on and on and come in searches with your name, your school's name and your sorority name. At a certain point you just have to let it go and embrace discretion.

3.) I don't see how you get any membership requests with that board as is. You do not want to have ALL your membership requirements on a public board. That's something you want to discuss with your prospective face-to-face, on the phone or via personal mail. I can only imagine what the other organizations on campus are saying about this. Discretion is so important to sorority life, chapter life and recruitment.

4.) You should also watch how you speak to others on Greek Chat. Interested women read your organization's post as "guests" so you have no idea how many people are or who is actually reading your posts. Having a clean (positive) online imagine is the first step in successful recruitment.

5.) Blaming your founder for your organizations mistakes only brings negativity, splits up your sisters into groups of: those who support you and those who support her and it takes away from the programs and missions you try to implement as a chapter. At a certain point, you have to take ownership for your mistakes, implement a new of dealing with things, and move forward.

I understand where you are coming from with the frustration of being the only one holding the whole organization together. However, alienating your sisters will bring forth the disbandment of your chapter. You have to know and believe in the mission and founding principles of the organization in order for it to work. If you need help with the Constitution, I suggest googling other organizations to see what they do. I don't think anyone on Greek Chat will post that.

By the way, you do have a cute crest!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gamma Phi Delta Sorority, Inc.
A Business & Professional Sorority
Member since Fall 2k3
I doubt there are interested women anywhere, let alone lurking on Greekchat.

Off to find the infamous business vs. Christian Gamma Phi Delta battle.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
I doubt there are interested women anywhere, let alone lurking on Greekchat.

Off to find the infamous business vs. Christian Gamma Phi Delta battle.
In the words of Kelis, I hate you so much right now!!!