GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,498
0 members and 1,498 guests
No Members online

Old 10-14-2013, 09:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladylove95 View Post
@amiblue? Thanks for your response!

@Sen's Revenge Had this been for a formal study, I would have disclosed that from the beginning but seeing as it isn't, I didn't. BTW, I don't owe you this explanation but I figured it was worth you understanding the method to my madness.
You're a real classy broad.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:00 PM
Banned

Do whatever works for you. Some people will hate it (I am among those people) and some people will love it. You will discover early on which is which. You will also discover that many BGLO members will laugh at you if you go to college and boast about membership in a high school organization. That sometimes shocks and hurts former members of these organizations because while in high school they were surrounded by and sponsored by BGLO members who taught them steps and made them "'nalia." As a result these high school students thought they were "miniature members" and "future members." Instead, this just meant older BGLO members (teachers and staff at high schools) were bored and needed a hobby. Sometimes older BGLO members would take legitimate youth organizations that are officially recognized by their GLO's NHQ and turn them into something inappropriate and against GLO policies.

Anyway....
Old 10-14-2013, 10:25 PM
Banned

Thanks for your insight!
Old 10-15-2013, 02:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Do whatever works for you. Some people will hate it (I am among those people) and some people will love it. You will discover early on which is which. You will also discover that many BGLO members will laugh at you if you go to college and boast about membership in a high school organization. That sometimes shocks and hurts former members of these organizations because while in high school they were surrounded by and sponsored by BGLO members who taught them steps and made them "'nalia." As a result these high school students thought they were "miniature members" and "future members." Instead, this just meant older BGLO members (teachers and staff at high schools) were bored and needed a hobby. Sometimes older BGLO members would take legitimate youth organizations that are officially recognized by their GLO's NHQ and turn them into something inappropriate and against GLO policies.

Anyway....
Ditto...especially the bolded. I see too many young men/ladies on Instagram wearing line jackets and "future XYZ" t-shirts. It annoys me, because the members of XYZ Frasority, Inc. are, as we say it around my way, "setting these kids up for the woo."
Old 10-15-2013, 08:35 PM
Banned

"setting kids up for the woo." I like that! Thanks for your insight as well. I appreciate it! Other than that are there any things you dislike?? Anything you like in general (away from the fact that these individuals may want to join a BGLO in the future)?? I'd love to hear more.
Old 10-15-2013, 10:35 PM
Banned

We've been generous. Find another source for research.